passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Bayonetta 3 is not coming this year. There's no reason to release two Platinum action titles so close to each other. Plus there's always that little franchise called Pokémon making its proper Switch debut and we all know that Switch players will neither buy nor play anything else close to that game's launch.

New, hardcore, 2D, pixel art, original Castlevanie-kind of game coming to the Switch. There’s enough words in that description that I find kind of off-putting, but the art style in this game is horrendously gross and edgelord so this is a hard pass from me. Shame because it looks like it plays quite sharply. 

It looks a bit like they wanted to be like Berserk but didn't quite manage to pull it off.

I'm not too fond of the violence either but it looks really detailed, for better or worse. I still have about 500 other Metroidvanias to play though, so...

• 1 month later...

Do peripheral upgrades ever lead to success, long term? I'm thinking:

latest?cb=20100419181129 ?

Although I do recall the N64 Expansion Pak was a good one. But in my opinion, it is always better to phase out the current system and replace it with the next.

@Nag I've never thought the Switch was underpowered while playing it. BotW had some choppy bits and the draw distance could have been better. Sometimes when zoomed in on things they are a cubist hellscape, but I don't see that game being improved by being made for a console with equivalent power to the PS4/Xbox. I dont see that with any of Nintendo's exclusives which is all I'm ever likely to play on there. I didnt feel that way about the Wii or Wii U either. Those motion controls are a different story though. 

If they released a more powerful home only console I might be interested but only in the way I am interested in most new gaming toys. I only ever play the Switch docked because the joy cons are made for the hands of children and women folk so it would be nice to have a closed box that I don't have to worry about scratching or what have you. Also where the Switch is now I have to pull the console out completely to get to the cartridge slot which is whack. 

conversely I've always thought the Switch is underpowered and I've been saying for a while that it's going to run in to a problem once the new consoles are established. What might save it is that we're probably 2 years away from those consoles being established, by then the switch will be 4-5 years old, a revision isn't unreasonable at that point.

there's every possibility Nintendo will try the mobile phone upgrade route. The Pro comes out early next year, then 2 years later another meaningful step that makes the current Switch obsolete(ish), and repeat that for as long as is reasonable. I can't see them going back to a dedicated console next gen, but I can see the handheld Switch being a regular occurrence