passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

1 hour ago, Nag said:

Now let us have Bayonetta 2!

You made the choice, not to buy a reliable Japanese Console brand and got the US knock-off instead...?

New Switch's possibly on the way. Spoiled because it's a long ass comment.

Spoiler

Nintendo to Launch Two New Switch Models

Link -  [https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-launch-two-new-switch-models-11553494773](https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-launch-two-new-switch-models-11553494773)

​

Nintendo Co. NTDOY -0.96% plans to launch two new versions of its Switch gaming console as early as this summer, people familiar with the matter said, as the company seeks to sustain sales momentum for the product going into a crucial third year.

​

One version will have enhanced features targeted at avid videogamers, although it won’t be as powerful as Sony Corp.’s PlayStation 4 Pro or Microsoft Corp.’s Xbox One X, according to parts suppliers and software developers for Nintendo who have access to a prototype of the machine.

​

The other version is a cheaper option for casual gamers that Nintendo sees as a successor to its aging hand-held 3DS device, the suppliers and developers say.

​

The new models are likely to be unveiled at the E3 videogame Expo in Los Angeles in June and possibly released a few months later, one person familiar with Nintendo’s plans said. Kyoto-based Nintendo declined to comment.

​

The Switch, introduced in March 2017, has been central to Nintendo’s recent business success. The company earns more than 80% of its total revenue from Switch hardware and software sales. Investors are focused on how long the console can remain a profit driver.

​

Industry watchers expect sales for the Switch to begin declining soon. Analysts polled by Visible Alpha, a provider of market forecasts, anticipate on average that 17.9 million units of the Switch will be sold in the fiscal year ending this month, followed by 17.4 million in the following year.

​

Videogame-hardware makers generally come out with new consoles every five to six years, and it is common for them to update the devices in the middle of their life cycles to keep the momentum going. Sony introduced the PlayStation 4 in November 2013 and updated it with a less-expensive version in September 2016 and a high-end model two months later. Sales of the PlayStation 4 remain strong.

​

Nintendo’s suppliers and game developers have been talking with their investors about the new Switch machines for several months. People who have used the devices say they aren’t just similar-looking new versions with a higher or lower performance.

​

Prices for the new Switch models couldn’t be learned. To cut costs for the cheaper version, Nintendo plans to eliminate some of the functions used in the original Switch console, such as a vibration feature in its controllers, according to Nintendo suppliers.

​

“The company judged the new Switch models won’t need the vibration feature because there wouldn’t be many games released using the full benefit of it,” one official familiar with the plans said.

​

Nintendo is also adjusting its suppliers for the new models. Sharp Corp. , an Osaka-based company that had long supplied components to Nintendo videogame machines but failed to win a deal for the original Switch, is expected to provide liquid-crystal displays for the new Switch machines, people familiar with the new models said. Sharp declined to comment.

​

Suppliers and third-party game developers say Nintendo is preparing to release new game titles from well-known franchises, such as “Animal Crossing” and “Pokémon,” to bolster Switch hardware sales. Nintendo has said it plans to launch two new games from the Pokémon franchise in late 2019.

​

“Some people say sales of Nintendo’s devices usually weaken in the third year, while others say games to be released this year are stronger than ever before,” one executive at a Nintendo supplier said. “I honestly don’t know how things will turn out, but I have my fingers tightly crossed.”

I think this is some neat news:

Hob Coming to Switch and Torchlight 2 Coming to Consoles (Switch Not Confirmed)

Well-regarded porting studio Panic Button is poised to give two Runic Games classics - Torchlight 2 and Hob - a new home on consoles later this year, with the latter title coming to Switch on April 4th.

It's a somewhat bitter-sweet announcement, given that developer Runic Games was sadly shut down by owner Perfect World in 2017, but it's wonderful that a whole new audience will be able to enjoy the studio's brilliant games this year.

And Torchlight 2, an action-RPG with dungeon-crawler elements, really is a delight, having received much acclaim when it launched on PC in 2012.

"If the first Torchlight capitalised on the continued absence of Diablo 3, the second feels like a genuine alternative to it," said Christian Donlan in his 9/10 review of the game. "It's a colourful, heartfelt and well-judged spin on one of the most reliably engrossing genres knocking around."

Perfect World is yet to announce platforms for Panic Button's Torchlight 2 port (although we do know that it's scheduled to release this autumn), but hopefully it comes to consoles completely intact, superbly engaging co-operative play and all.

Hob, meanwhile, originally launched on PC and PS4 in 2017, and is a wonderfully intricate exploratory solo adventure, full of strange contraptions to master and secrets to uncover. "The world is a lock that you are slowly picking, each tiny piece of hard-won progress sending new pins bouncing, or new tumblers turning," explained Donlan in his review, "No wonder the sword you wield looks like a key."

"I will go back to try to better grasp the things that remain unclear and to rinse the map of heart fragments and upgrades," he concluded, "But I will also go back just to wander over the land I changed so much, and ponder how anybody could have made something like this."

Hob arrives on Switch in a new Definitive Edition guise, introducing camera controls, UI enhancements and other unspecified quality-of-life improvements, plus HD rumble support and touch-screen functionality. It'll cost £17.99/$19.99 USD when it launches digitally on eShop next month, and there's 10% off for those that choose to pre-purchase.

I've had my eye on Hob, waiting for a sale but I've not seen it.  Totally up for it on Switch. 

I hope Torchlight 2 comes over as well as it'd be great handheld fodder.  I didn't get into the first one but I didn't get those kind of games at the time, but now I'd be well up for it.