passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Capcom has been criticised for the pricing of Resident Evil HD, 0 and 4 on Nintendo Switch.

As revealed on the Switch eShop today, each game costs £29.99. This is much higher than fans were expecting - and much higher than the same games on other consoles.

Resident Evil 4, for example, costs £15.99 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It's almost twice that on Nintendo Switch.

Elsewhere, you can get Resident Evil HD and 0 as a bundle together for £23 on PS4.

As you'd expect, the reaction to the pricing online has been negative, with many bringing up the dreaded "Nintendo Switch tax".

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-28-resident-evil-hd-0-and-4-on-nintendo-switch-cost-gbp30-each

?

I don't get what the strategy is here.  Capcom's other stuff has been in line with the other platforms; the Revelations games and Okami HD come to mind. 

Surely they've considered that they've released these games a lot and know a large portion of the sales will be due to double, triple (or more) dippers. 

Do they plan to pick up a few sales from people with lots of disposable income and the rest during the 70% sale? 

I was definitely going to pick up at least Resi 4 but not at that price, will be waiting for a sale to pick them up at a more reasonable price.  Mind you it's probably not a bad thing as I have plenty of other games to keep me occupied.

11 hours ago, mfnick said:

Capcon have previous, remember the Switch SF2 remix pricing? They’re scum when it comes to the business side.

Well that just came out on Switch, but it has reminded me that the multiformat Anniversary game had a big mark-up on Switch. 

not that this is worth having an argument about, but wasn't the Street Fighter 2 Remix essentially just a port of the Xbox 360 game with some dubious motion control added? It certainly wasn't worth the price when it was just Street fighter 2 with some higher res art plastered on top