passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MAME

Whiskey_chaser

@Jimbo Xiii This is the one i've ordered...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-2-Player-Joystick-Control-Panel-Flat-Pack-Kit-Mame-Raspberry-Pi/142349976879?hash=item2124b8452f:g:hUsAAOSww3tY8iLP

Was tempted to have a go at making one myself but I don't really have anywhere I could do it at the moment. Takes a while to deliver though - I ordered mine on the 6th April and still no sign of it.

@Bigkopman So far the Pi, 32 gig SD card and power unit have cost about £53. Joystick cab was about £44 and the actual joystick/buttons/iPac wiring kit is going to cost about £100, though you can get cheaper alternatives.

Currently getting costs on the decals but I should be able to get them printed on mat laminate vinyl for about £20?

Man, that is good, especially as the plus model with power and reset seems tricky to get over here. Note, you need to install an extra script to get the buttons working correctly. 

If I’d not bought a new case earlier I’d have gotten that. 

Finished my artwork today. Quite pleased with it considering it only took about a couple of hours. Got a quote from a company that produces replacement arcade vinyl. £25 for hard wearing mat laminate vinyl so it should last. Once the unit arrives and I can confirm the template matches i'll get it printed. 

I'm going to go for all black controls and buttons, with orange t-moulding around the edges. Should look pretty slick when done.

Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 14.35.13.png

Nice!

I got my 3+ today. I thought I could just swap the SD card out into the new machine, but that wasn't the case. Had to back up my roms and saves and reflash the card. Managed to get everything back up and running just about.

The case I got with it is really nice:

https://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-FL-53196-Flirc-Raspberry-Case/dp/B00QB6F9I0

Soild and acts as a heat sync so I can overclock it as well.

For some reason it took me nearly two hours to get the wifi back up and running again, sorted now though. Now re-scrapping all the roms to get the artwork back.

Also means my media server is back up and running as well B)

• 2 weeks later...

Can’t wait to see it. 

I’ve found a place online that does build at home CNC’d cab kits (basically just a pile of cut mdf but has the grooves from T Mold etc). The Bar top kit is about £80 but out of stock currently. I think I’m going to order a kit and some buttons and base the design work on the Japanese candy cabs and theme the buttons around that as well. Not sure I want to make it game specific. 

I ordered mine from here if it helps:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/arcade_flat_pack?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.c10

Took about a month to arrive though but i'm pretty happy with it. Buttons arrived today along with all the wiring and the iPac unit - only balls up is they sent two feet of t-moulding instead of two metres. I also didn't realise that the joysticks didn't come with mounting screws so have just ordered some.

Quite looking forward to wiring it all up now! 

This is really cool, good luck with it guys :D

what sort of monitor are you going to put in them?

i always wanted a candy cab, but have a crt and a super gun that I never use anymore anyway, so probably for the best I never got one.

On 5/5/2018 at 2:39 PM, spatular said:

This is really cool, good luck with it guys :D

what sort of monitor are you going to put in them?

i always wanted a candy cab, but have a crt and a super gun that I never use anymore anyway, so probably for the best I never got one.

I'm just plugging into a tv via the Raspberry Pi. Tempted to try and make a cabinet for light-gun games.

• 3 weeks later...