passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Spyro Reignited Trilogy

DisturbedSwan

After the incredible sales of the Crash Trilogy many fans were hoping Activision would repeat the same trick for the original Spyro Trilogy and it seems they will oblige us.

Apparently it is being worked on by Toys for Bob rather than Vicarious Visions - who are reportedly working on a 2019 new Crash game.

I don't have as fond vivid memories with Spyro as I did with Crash but I remember playing one of them on holiday as a kid and absolutely loving the hell out of it so I'll be in Day 1 for the remaster, I'm just not expecting the vivid memories/feelings to come flooding back like they did with Crash.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope this re-release means that Spyro gets a proper reevaluation because they seem to be held in the same regard as the Crash games and other also ran PS1 platformers.  I like those trashy Crash games but I think Spyro is just second to Mario 64 of that era of platformers.  I certainly think they're better than the Rare N64 ones.

I guess I hope people going in just for a nostalgia kick find they're getting a better game than they expect.  Because in I think they're underrated in a sense.