passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

@OCH

Spoiler

Did Marvel just introduce Hyper Time in to the MCU? They said the Time Keepers restored everything within the scared timeline. Presumably the multiverse exists within the timeline, which would make it like DC’s Hypertime?

I hate Hypertime ?

I think they did. It took them a while to introduce some of the more high concept comic book ideas into the MCU, but it looks like it starts here. I assume this will continue into Dr. Strange 2. Although I think it will be toned down a bit. They might start to lose people if they go down too deep into this rabbit hole and add things like Man-Thing and the M'Kraan Crystal.

Episode 4 was ...interesting. I already called out a few obvious twists I saw coming. But it is strange for Episode 4 of 6 to be the one wherein momentum begins?

Did anyone get then

Spoiler

Blade 

reference in Ep 4?

I have to say this series is probably my least favourite of the shows so far, just has a much slower pace with slightly less intrigue and OMFG moments than WandaVision and FATWS. Still enjoyed it an awful lot but nowhere near as much as those two. 

Saying that the bit in Ep 4 

Spoiler

Where Loki gets vanished only to turn up with other Loki’s (one of which was Richard E Grant?!) in some weird limbo realm in a post credits scene is pretty mad. Similar with the Timekeepers being robots.

I wish they didn't dilute Loki so much. He was still supposed to be Avengers 1 era Loki here. Sure he's seen how that deal with Thanos plays out, but he is a bit too... I dunno, tame? Especially in this episode, his characterisation felt off.

So because of Lego a bunch of Spider-Man 3 things have leaked

Spoiler

New suits

spider-man_3.jpg

Confirming characters to be in it including Doctor Strange, Wong and JJJ. 

Also, this is the big thing that got me

1625210473-76185.png?crop=1xw:1xh;center

Is that a fucking Spider Slayer? People saying it’s a Scorpion. And yes it looks very much like a Scorpion. But it could also be a fucking Spider Slayer 

hqdefault.jpg

Yes please

A bit of a hint at Marvel Zombies there. I thought they said they would never do that onscreen. The rest.. meh. Especially Captain Carter. When Union Jack or Captain Britain could easily fill that gap. As names for her or separate characters.

The What If..? Looks good. So, are they going to be "cannon" MCU multiverse, or just their own thing? I'm quite enjoying this push towards the multiverse that all the recent Marvel stuff has done, we're starting to see the frame work for (I'd guess) the next decade or so of movies and shows.

Really enjoyed Loki Ep5. 

Spoiler

The part in the bunker where they all turn on each other really tickled me for some reason. Alligator Loki did it for me too. 

Who was the guy in the jar as the camera panned through the ground? I couldn’t make it out. Thought it was that times version was of Thor at first but the old one said the young one had killed him so can’t be. 

4 hours ago, mfnick said:

Really enjoyed Loki Ep5. 

Hide contents

The part in the bunker where they all turn on each other really tickled me for some reason. Alligator Loki did it for me too. 

Who was the guy in the jar as the camera panned through the ground? I couldn’t make it out. Thought it was that times version was of Thor at first but the old one said the young one had killed him so can’t be. 

Spoiler

That was Throg, as in Frog Thor

References - From the goofy, to the potentially significant:

Spoiler

spider-stories.jpg?w=874&q=75

Thanos Copter

1508771692-thor-frog-throg.jpg?resize=48

Throg

51be424010ec1de11401ce53b188319d.png

The Living Tribunal

marvelcomics-alioth-art-700x300.jpg

Alioth AKA The Smoke Monster

6 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

The What If..? Looks good. So, are they going to be "cannon" MCU multiverse, or just their own thing? I'm quite enjoying this push towards the multiverse that all the recent Marvel stuff has done, we're starting to see the frame work for (I'd guess) the next decade or so of movies and shows.

I hope they don't lean to heavy on multiverse stuff. If they want to Loki it up and a character falls through different realities on a sort of sight seeing tour then it's fine. I don't want it to become multiverse centric, though. It gets confusing and I stop caring about lots of different versions of the same characters.

It's one of the big reasons I like Marvel over DC. DC are so tied up in to years of multiverses, realities combining, coming apart again, reboots, retcons, this guy was in this universe but now he's in this one so what's his history. 

I doubt the MCU will get anywhere like that but even with Loki and Gamora I feel they're getting a little too close to making me not care. 

I want the next decade of the MCU to be Celestials, X-Men and Spider-Man team ups. That'll do me. 

One piece of speculation I read was someone saying for Wolverine to be introduced separate from the X-Men ala his comic book origins. So basically for a Wolverine Vs. Hulk film.

STL034622

To be honest, I wouldn't mind Wolverine not being on the X-Men for a while. They need to establish the others better than the last films did, first.

19 hours ago, Maf said:

I hope they don't lean to heavy on multiverse stuff. If they want to Loki it up and a character falls through different realities on a sort of sight seeing tour then it's fine. I don't want it to become multiverse centric, though. It gets confusing and I stop caring about lots of different versions of the same characters.

It's one of the big reasons I like Marvel over DC. DC are so tied up in to years of multiverses, realities combining, coming apart again, reboots, retcons, this guy was in this universe but now he's in this one so what's his history. 

I doubt the MCU will get anywhere like that but even with Loki and Gamora I feel they're getting a little too close to making me not care. 

I want the next decade of the MCU to be Celestials, X-Men and Spider-Man team ups. That'll do me. 

I think its going exactly that way, especially with the new Spider-Man and Dr Strange on the way. That amount of characters confirmed for No Way Home is going to be mental.

There still be the Earth 616 side of things with Young Avengers I reckon 

Saw Black Widow on Friday night.

Just hearing that Marvel title screen in the cinema again after all this time was phenomenal, felt so damn good. 

The film itself though I was quite disappointed with. It was good enough and inoffensive but due to the nature of it being a prequel and a bit of a side story it just wasn’t overly relevant to the MCU so it never really reached any heights for me, the only thing that really ties into it being the post-credits scene which I won’t spoil. 

Not the worst MCU film and better than my worst (Black Panther, GOTG 2) but about on par with Ant-Man 1 and the ilk really. Pretty good but far from great.