passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I fell asleep during my first watch of Darkworld. I haven't done that with a superhero film since Superman Returns. For what these films are supposed to be, I'd say that is a bad sign. The only film that put my back up after I saw it was GoTG 2. The constant and often unfunny, lowbrow irked me. Still haven't seen Dr. Strange. But my minimal interest in the MCU has ebbed away since Endgame, so I have no desire to see it now.

Personally I think the only good Iron Man film is the first one.

I’m doing that order, bar the TV shows, shorts and going back and forth with post-credits sequences.

I’m currently half way through Avengers, which I have seen before. The only film so far that’s new has been Captain Marvel, which has been fine.

I like both Iron Man films so far and the first Thor. Can’t remember if I’ve seen the second Thor or not.

Now, I don't normally do this. But even as an X-Men fan, I can't defend Dark Phoenix. However via YouTube, I saw the deleted ending and oddly enough, it is better than the one we got...

Spoiler

At least the series could have ended on a high[er] note...

I still can’t get behind these opinions on Ant Man. I genuinely think the first is a great film and the second was boring AF and one of the worst along with Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 (and to a lesser extent Iron Man 2 and Black Panther) 

22 minutes ago, OCH said:

At least the series could have ended on a high[er] note...

It's a good ending but I don't remember the "official" one and I also think the movie has bigger problems than that. Mostly the pacing and how much they stuffed in a 120 minutes film.

17 minutes ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Thor 2 was boring. I’ve completely forgotten everything about it, it had little of an impact. It put me off trying Ragnarok for a long time. Which was a mistake, as Ragnarok was bloody awesome.

Thor 2 is one of the only films that has meaning in retrospect. It’s because the same people that wrote Endgame wrote, or did a lot of writing on, Thor 2 as well. And I think they are well aware of what people think of that film that’s why they crammed so much of it in to Endgame.

This is not a defence of Thor 2. Just thought it was an interesting, narcissistic motive of the writers “You will like our movie” lol. 

Also it recently came out that Patty Jenkins left Thor 2 because she just couldn’t see what to do with the script. Which I think translated means she hated it.

After two attempts, much like with forcing Apocalypse into a single film, the Phoenix story remains an example of poorly condensed storytelling. Both Phoenix and Apocalypse need build up, to create stakes and investment in the characters.

I remember it took watching Endgame to recall a "significant" moment even happens in Darkworld. @mfnick Ant-Man is still one of my favourite MCU films. Top five, definitely.

I didn’t expect much from Ant Man. But I really enjoyed it. Though I need to get round to the sequel yet.

Black Panther is massively over-rated. Definitely not the top tier. The reviews said the villain was one of the MCUs best. Was he fuck. He was just as forgettable as the majority of that category.

I didn’t see Black Panther until it came to dvd. But the way the reviews all hyped it up, I was expecting something really good. But it’s massively mediocre. It’s not shit. But it’s not good either. Meh pretty much sums it up. 

So many articles said “oh the villain is brilliant, just as good as Loki”. No he isn’t. I can’t even remember the fucker’s name, or any of his dialogue, or anything he actually did.

Finished Thor 2, which was alright. I prefer the first one but I think my interest is waning watching so many in short succession.

I realised after Iron Man 3 started that I had seen it before. As soon as Ben Kingsley appeared, I remembered where the story was going. I like it, I like all the Iron Man films.

I’m on the Winter Soldier now, which I can’t remember seeing but I have definitely watched the opening before, so maybe I have.

I might have said this before, I don’t remember. But a thing I hear a lot and I think is dumb is “How will Marvel introduce the X-Men in to the MCU?” ?

They will just have mutants start showing up. 

I get that in the comics it was the 60’s and they were the Children of the Atom and all that. But basically the history of mutants in terms of population was the Celestials did experiments on humans, the result of that was millions of years later the X-gene started activating in very, very select people like Apocalypse and Namor and so on (Although if they wanted to not do the Namor thing that would be cool). And then when it got to the 60’s the X-gene started activating all over the place. 

Why would that be any different in the movies you just move the 60’s to 2020 or whatever. You can still have those select characters like Apocalypse be really ancient. You can still have mutants popping up here and there throughout history with your Wolverine’s, etc. But mass growth in mutants only just started to hit around now. I don’t see why people are putting so much thought in to this when you just do it the same just later.

There are specific character things that are harder for sure. Like how do you do Magneto still be persecuted by the nazi’s? By today he would be a 80/90 year old man or something. It’s also not like you can just change what war he was from like they did with Iron Man. I don’t have an answer for Magneto unless you just really update his origin.

The only other difficult argument is how to have the X-Men in their late teens/early twenties if 1) Their powers activated in their early teens and 2) The snap. I think it’s fine to gloss over that a little bit. Just because there is no reference of super powered adventures and activities talked about in those 5 years, doesn’t mean super powered stuff didn’t happen, the Avengers were still active after all. Just a lot of those events got overshadowed by the event of the snap. So could the beginning of the rise of the mutants. As they started to really flourish the snap occurs. Then they all come back and people are like oh shit. There’s kind of a lot of them. Fear and hate, fear and hate!

Maybe in the MCU that’s why the public hates mutants because they think there something to do with the snap ? You can have that one for free, Marvel. It does sound pretty stupid.

Anyway. People make a semi-big deal out of it online, or at least in terms of the future of the MCU mutants always seems to come up as some kind of contentious point about how they came to be. For the most part I think it’s pretty straight forward. Boom mutants are happening now. 

There’s always a high chance I’m not thinking about it enough but to me it seems like people think about it too much.

He says after writing 95 thousand paragraphs about it. But that’s different look.