passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

6 hours ago, Maf said:

Also in the 1st paragraph it says “co-fi” stake, meaning co-finance. That means Disney wants to put up 50% of the cost to produce all Spider-related films. But that means they’ll also have 50% of the control as well as profit over all those projects, too. Meaning Sony won’t really own Spider-Man anymore, it will be 50/50 all the way down the line and a Marvel still keeps the merchandise. Apparently Sony came back at Disney and said we can do 70/30, but Disney said no

Yeah I know what co-fi means. It still said nowhere in that article you quoted that Disney wanted to co-if every Spiderverse film, just that they wanted a co-fi agreement in place for the Spidey franchise meaning Spidey films, it said they were in discussions to further their relationship with Sony into the deeper Spiderverse stuff but nothing more.

Where’s the proof for the info from the second half of this paragraph? The second half of that paragraph without proof is either made up or incorrectly inferred from the context of the article you linked.

You do realise that all these articles are just insider gossip anyway right? There’s no real way to prove or disprove these articles, the only way you’d know for sure is if you were an exec inside SP or MS. 

Did you somehow miss the part where I said Into the Spiderverse was good and did well in my previous post? @OCH The fact remains Sony have not made a good live-action Spidey film since 2004. You saying Iron-Man is a C-Lister in 2019 is just laughably asinine I’m afraid man, he may of been in your comic books but he’s an icon for a generation nowadays whether you like it or not. No one cares you know he was a C-Lister last in comics, I’m sure he was, who cares? Good for you for knowing that, give yourself a pat on the back but it’s irrelevant. 

I don't agree with the Sony villainy narrative either @one-armed dwarf, I don’t think either party is particularly to blame, it’s just big wigs in suits getting into a tiff over money as big wigs in suits often do. It’s just disappointing is all, but hand on heart I think it’s obvious it’ll hurt Sony more than Marvel.

So, you want proof to what is written in the article, but any article online is just insider stuff and doesn’t count. So like, you want some kind of material evidence like “Here’s exhibit A”? ?

I just get my news hat and notepad hang on

Unless there’s a hacked email account like when Sony and Marvel first got together then yeah of course it’s all in the exec offices. But you can only make judgements on the information that’s there. 

Again, in the 3rd paragraph it specifically says “universe”. There’s also a Forbes article that I was reading today that talks about how the ultimate goal was for Disney to start getting the spin-offs folded in to the MCU as well. Although that articles also seems to weave in and out of fact and opinion. 

I will say that Deadline article has been changed without it saying that it has been changed as well. Not dramatically so but there are now extra sentences thrown in here and there which is different to what copied from it yesterday. It seems like they are getting annoyed at Sony for trying to spin the story they broke. 

I still think Marvel/Disney are the real dicks of the story. Not because they wanted to renegotiate, but it’s like if someone rolled up on you and went “I’ll pay 50% of your rent/mortgage, but I get half of your house and decide what can be done with it and I get half of anything that comes out of it” be like fuck off, dude. 

43 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Did you somehow miss the part where I said Into the Spiderverse was good and did well in my previous post? @OCH The fact remains Sony have not made a good live-action Spidey film since 2004. You saying Iron-Man is a C-Lister in 2019 is just laughably asinine I’m afraid man, he may of been in your comic books but he’s an icon for a generation nowadays whether you like it or not. No one cares you know he was a C-Lister last in comics, I’m sure he was, who cares? Good for you for knowing that, give yourself a pat on the back but it’s irrelevant. 

giphy.gif

Clearly you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be reacting with such a bizarrely defensive rant over a fictional character, as if a personal friend you were defending. Considering my comment was directly talking about Spider-Man, which has been the subject of the last page or so, and not the single throwaway descriptive at the very end of what I was saying... Reign it in a bit. Good grief

And for the record, the part of your previous comment I quoted and highlighted in bold, was the only part that I was using to refer to you directly.

Just without a link or quote to an article to second half of your previous post sounds like you’ve pulled it out your arse is all @Maf. Well yeah if you want to support the info you need links, quotes etc., however tenuous said links are they’re still better than man on internet forum saying ‘I heard 70/30!’. It’s natural to think ‘what, wait, where the hell did you get that from?’ Yeah? 

You're right it does say universe but I think we interpreted different things from it. The fact is it’s unclear, I read it as saying it’s the Spidey franchise i.e. universe meaning just Spidey sequels and you inferred Marvel wanted the entire Spiderverse where elsewhere in the article it says they only had discussions for further help/involvement with Sony in the Spiderverse.

It’s all opinions and rumours coming from 2nd hand info at this point man. It just seems silly how people are so certain about something or so sure x party is at fault just based on their preconceived notions. Not just on here but other forums, social media etc. Too.

I like a good debate, I’ve said my peace and hope Sony and Marvel can be sensible in the future and still reach an agreement, that is in the best interests of both parties I think we can all agree on that? 

Iron Man is a C word more than he is a C lister. I liked the first film but his attitude got old quick and I wished he’d just shut up and get on with it. I hope Downey Jr has some decent roles in the future and doesn’t just get cast as a Starklite.

5 hours ago, Maf said:

Most looking forward to Ms Marvel. I wonder if they’ll say anything about Inhumans or that brand is just to toxic to say out loud 

I’m sure they will never speak of Inhumans again ?

I actually know precisely nothing about Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk but I’m hyped as hell for all these MCU Disney+ shows.

Posting the logos because they’re cool af: 

97C48773-2E71-450C-83BE-55E9E4D4401B.jpeg

15A32C65-6DE5-4940-9777-0B207E2BDFFA.jpeg

B1E6DB53-B55F-494D-B0A5-9E72D79086BA.jpeg

I wonder what kind of shows they’ll be. I think She-Hulk automatically becomes like a lawyer/ police procedural. Ms Marvel could be some YA sitcom thing? What is Moon Knight, though. I don’t know.

That poster looks terrible. That looks like a computer mock up of Johannson AND it doesn’t even look like the fake her is even in that costume.

I give points for some classic Black Widow costume influences, though 

On the plus side of that poster, Red Guardian who could also lead to the Winter Guard too and (maybe) Taskmaster. Aside from that, yeah, that rendition of Black Widow looks horrible..

Assuming this is a prequel, it is a shame there is no sign of at least a homage to the original Black Widow costume...

Black-Widow-Marvel-Comics-Natalia-Romano

I can’t help shake the feeling that everything about this BW film is just too little too late. But I’m not sure if it’s because BW isn’t a strong enough character on her own to sustain a film and the events of Endgame haven’t changed that, or the events of Endgame have now just made telling her story feel all a bit pointless. 

EDIT: At the very least it would of been cooler to have this film take place in the 5 years between IW and EG when 1) She’s at her lowest and most beaten up and 2) You could have cameos of Nebula, Captain Marvel and Rocket, etc. 3) There would be less heroes in the world so she has to take on much bigger threats that she would usually have back up for.

8 minutes ago, Nag said:

Yeah, because we all want to go and see a movie featuring Dame Edna Everage.

? Someone needs to photoshop that...

Meanwhile for those curious as to the change in her costume. Ironically, another Avenger prompted the change...

1511309678959.png