Jimbo Xiii

Marvel Cinematic Universe

4 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Congrats man 🍻 

Me and my new missus also met (almost) two months ago on Tinder 🎉

I've never seen you two in same room either... 🤔

Even Pepper Potts is getting some some Peter Parker.

419D7DA4-B1D7-4E82-ABC7-3013B5CA1302.jpeg

They all wanna fuck me I mean Spider-Man

Would be cool if that was a Stark Foundation t-shirt.

Just here for the Endgame memes now 

1CD647E3-5346-42B4-8DF0-8A92A2825E57.jpeg

18 hours ago, RikSP said:

Just here for the Endgame memes now 

Reveal hidden contents

It would have been cool to actually see that confrontation in the film...

Amazon has the Iron Man trilogy in 4K for £40 which I thought was really good until I remembered it had Iron Man 3 in it 

19 minutes ago, Maf said:

Amazon has the Iron Man trilogy in 4K for £40 which I thought was really good until I remembered it had Iron Man 3 in it 

Iron Man 1 is the only really good one, to be fair.

23 minutes ago, Maf said:

Great, the best one. 

Also I can’t remember if I said this already but I really don’t think I like Endgame very much.

This is because the other day I was thinking about how long it will be before it comes out on home release. And then I was thinking, actually I could think of so many things I’d rather do than watch Endgame again. Which started the ball rolling of do I really like Endgame? And I think the answer is I’ve never taken so much enjoyment out of a film I don’t like. 

At first I was like, y’know, they forfeit a ‘good movie’ to move mountains and get all the fan service and tie up all these looses ends. Like they are putting the pay offs of all the other movies before the needs of the movie they’re making. And there are lots of moments in the film that I liked a lot, particularly in that last sequence. But more that I think about it, it’s plot holes, how the big pay off moments in this aren’t as good as the original moments in the other films the more I think they should of just made a ‘good movie’ instead. 

And yeah actually Endgame is really fucking silly.

It is not the worst MCU movie but it might be in my bottom five.

EDIT: From worst to least worst I think it might be

Ant-Man

Thor

Iron Man 3

Endgame

Ultron?

I actually don’t know, that’s a bad list but the more I think about Endgame the further it falls

I originally gave Endgame 7/10 and my opinion on it hasn't changed since. Of the two, Infinity War was a much better film all round. As far as the Team films go, I put Age of Ultron at the bottom of the list, then Endgame above it.

It is a little outdated now, but one for you @Maf

I don’t know if it’s the trailers or what bu the woman playing Jean in Dark Phoenix seems like a terrible fucking actress. I means the lines she has to say are the most generic and boring lines I’ve ever heard in a superhero movie but even then she doesn’t look, sound or give the vibe of Jean Grey at all. I know she was in Apoclaypse but that still felt like the Magneto show and for some reason Angel isn poor but apart from that have mostly forgotten all about that movie so seeing her almost fresh it’s like what the fuck you fucking suck get out 

Yeah Sophie Turner isn’t great at what she does, she acts like a plank of wood. 

Watched Endgame last night. I don’t feel like it was as well put together as Infinity War. The story wasn’t as interesting (which is weird as it was the part I was most looking forward to).  The first half (at least) of the movie really dragged. The big fight at the end, while visually a spectacle, wasn’t really long enough or dramatic enough to make much of an impact. And then the ending of the movie went on forever when I just wanted it to end. 

I’d have to give it 6/10. I was moving around in my seat a lot. If I had to describe it I’d say something like Lord of the Rings on steroids, but not in a good way. I feel like Infinity War was a well balance movie that wasn’t necessarily carried by its humour, but if it wasn’t for the humour in Endgame I probably would have given it a lower rating. There are a lot of funny jokes in the film. Unfortunate whoever wrote the Japanese subtitles didn’t really bother to translate them (or couldn’t within the confines of subtitles) so I was the only one in the cinema laughing.

And at the end of it all I was treated to a trailer for a new Spider-Man movie, which is the last thing I want to see. Homecoming was shit and Spider-Man is possibly the worst character in these two Avengers movies I’ve seen.

Well said.

As much as I don't like Spider-Man, I do think the newest one is the most irritating one to date. Whats-his-name from the three Sam Raimi Spider films might have been a little crybaby, but at least he had a little charm/charisma.

I think Tom Holland is the perfect Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Right body type, good looking but not over the top, he does the accent which is a massive +. I take issue with what they do with Spider-Man in the MCU but they somehow make it work for the most part.

Like Homecoming they make him a big Iron Man groupie but only to take it all away at the end and make him stand on his own two. I like they try to kit him out with tech in Homecoming and there is that scene at the petrol station where the suit says “You have 512 different options” and Peter is like “Oh, my god just give me webs!” which is almost meta commentary for like “God dammit, Iron Man, get out of my movie”

They make him go up against ridiculous adversaries but he loses pretty much all his fights (Cap, Giant Man, Vulture, Guys in a van, Thanos, The Black Order, even the Guardians and just about everything he runs in to in Endgame). There is that “Why is he here?” element to a lot of MCU Spider-Man appearances but they still nail the idea of it isn’t the winning or losing that makes him a hero it’s the fact he tries is what makes him heroic. 

Things in the MCU Spider-Man which is unforgivable is: MJ being called Michelle, hearing Spider-Man swear, seeing him come up with the idea of killing people and then actually killing people, literally every single person except Flash knowing who he is and not keeping his fucking mask on oh my god I know the studio pays for the face but I’m here to see the mask. You made the eyes move, brilliant decision, but that is so he doesn’t have to take the mask off every 3 seconds stop fucking doing it. 

Also it’s a shame they can’t capture the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Those movies were terrible but they really nailed that above all else in those movies and the best parts of Spider-Man are the romantic comedy. 

ee5zmyx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Anyway, random Spider-Man rant over. Short version is I think Tom Holland is very good as the character but they need to stop focusing on all the ways they can make the films different than what came before and making the movies better than all the ones that came before. I have the highest reservations about FFH. Why have we not seen Spider-Man swing around NY yet like c’mon

1 hour ago, Maf said:

oh my god I know the studio pays for the face but I’m here to see the mask. 

My single biggest complaint with the MCU.  Luckily most X-Men don't have that problem. Or the FF, for that matter. So it won't be such a big deal moving forward, but it is so immersion breaking at times.