passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I think I’ve heard that title but have never played it or could pick it out of a Spider-Man 16bit era line up.

Also Jessica Jones season 3 just came out apparently. I waned on those Netflix shows a while ago but since they cancelled them all it’s like well if you don’t care then I don’t care.

That wasn't 16 bit, oddly enough. It was one of SEGA's [many] failed projects, an add-on to the Mega Drive, the 32X. How many Marvel games can boast having a boss fight against The Eel or Thermite?

I did hear about Jessica Jones. Weird to just throw it out there, now everyone knows it doesn't matter. I haven't ultimately watched any of the Netflix shows beyond some random bits here and there of Luke Cage. So there is no point in dipping my toe in now, as Disney/Netflix have effectively made them redundant.

You could still watch them because some of them are good shows? Not everything needs to lead into something or has to be part of a bigger picture to be worth your time.

Punisher and Daredevil are definitely worth a watch and both have a proper ending with their respective last season. There's a minor teaser at the end of Daredevil S3 but it's nothing that'll sour the experience that came before.

Haven't seen JJ S3 yet but I liked S2 even though it was arguably super weird.

49 minutes ago, Maryokutai said:

You could still watch them because some of them are good shows? Not everything needs to lead into something or has to be part of a bigger picture to be worth your time.

1) That wasn't really the impression I got from Luke Cage, at least.

2) Personally I couldn't care less about 'shared universe' nonsense. It is a blight that continues to dog the comic book movie/TV genre, for nothing more than greedy studios using it as a marketing brand/gimmick to try to capitalise on the MCU gravy train.

My issue is that I've gotten invested in a number of shows over the years that have been cancelled before their time. The continual lack of resolution burns you out after a while.

EG:

main-qimg-2f28af44731672173e6f96fed2e630 

That's why I said 'some' and why I specifically mentioned two shows that have a conclusive ending.

Iron Fist is skippable, JJ isn't for everyone and Luke Cage was really boring IMO but it resonated with some people so I don't know.

Luke Cage Season 1 resonated for me, at least the beginning. I really liked Pop. But then it got really comic book-y and it just didn’t fit with the realism of that show.

Also Luke Cage’s powers are really boring. Even more so when he is in a world with no other super powered people. The only interesting damage he ever took was when Jones shot him in the face with a shotgun and it rattled his brain on the inside. That was an interesting way to beat Luke, but you can’t do that all the time and what else do you do?

I think there was a character/actor that really stood out among the rest in Luke Cage, Black Mariah (played by Alfre Woodard). Practically stole every scene she was in. I did find Luke Cage himself a bit dull and I think some of the eventual boredom I felt watching the series was rooted in him and his one note abilities, that they didn't really explore with enough variety.

Marvel officially going to San Diego Comic Con this year. That’s quite exciting because this might be where they announce things we don’t officially know about yet get revealed. 

11 hours ago, Maf said:

Marvel officially going to San Diego Comic Con this year. That’s quite exciting because this might be where they announce things we don’t officially know about yet get revealed. 

Yeah. Either SDCC or D23 they’ll announce their new 5 year roadmap I’d imagine.

Apparently Spider-Man comes out soon and I honestly not sure I care. Not that I think it’ll be bad or anything but after Endgame being disappointing I think i’m just kind of done with the MCU until they reveal what the next ‘Endgame’ is. Like what is the tease for the next big thing, I can’t get excited about an MCU movie that doesn’t have large consequences at this point 

C’mon, you knew it comes out July 2nd really Spidey-fan Maf. You were jazzed for Endgame after you’d seen it, you’ve just overthought about it and convinced yourself you’re disappointed in it by watching too many YT hot takes. 

I’m buzzing to see what the next chapter is personally and that all starts with Far from Home. Bring it on ???

Not at all, just more the dust has settled the more I think EG was disappointing because it went so far out of its way to be the movie it ended up being anyway that the journey to the big battle ends up being unsatisfying. 

I watched a lot of interviews with the directors where they said they wanted to be disruptive. Which works for IW but the best bit about EG is when they just do the predictable thing. I think the whole movie would be better if it weren’t so try hard 

Also I only realised Spider-Man was out soon was because I heard yesterday it was a couple of weeks away 

There is a lot of films "in development" right now, so I'm curious as to what the mid and end credits scenes will be. Maybe even enough to stomach sitting through a Spidey-film, starring a version I like the least.

I didn’t mind homecoming but far from home looks like a place he should be in 3 or 4 movies time. 

I assume it fits in with what happens in the other movies in between but if you’re just in it for spidey mans you’ll be left behind which is far from.. ideal.