Jimbo Xiii

Marvel Cinematic Universe

5 minutes ago, Nag said:

So, when this becomes fair game for discussion how are we doing it? Full on spoiler tags or just a general "after this post there be spoilers" type thing?

I was thinking about starting a separate thread to discuss it without bothering with spoiler tags. People can skip over it until they’ve seen it. 

Spoiler tags, this is a thread for all of them, right?

I haven’t seen a few yet.

Maybe a new thread is the way to go, having this thread degenerate into 30 posts of spoiler tags will spoil the whole thing?

@Hendo normally I’d agree but a ton of stuff happens in this and it would be a pain to keep faffing about with tags. I can always spoiler it and merge it back in later on. 

Do I need to watch the latest 3 before this? Guardians pt2, Thor and Black Panther? Or can I go straight into it?  Also only watched half of avengers 2 as I was just bored of it, it wasn’t anything new tbh.

Dude, watch Thor at least. The funniest Marvel film by a mile. The 'Spaced' lot were suppose to make Antman but it got cancelled. Rag is that tone of humour to me but it's Thor. So good. 

Fired from Guardians V.3 for some bawdy Tweets made nearly 10 years ago that he was already called out on, apologised for and grew from.  I guess this is payback for Rosanne.

90% of my online presence is rape and nonce related jokes. That's why I'll never be able to direct a cash cow.

Bit gutted with that news to be honest but when you’re a public figure it’s just not cool to be making those kind of jokes in the public eye in the past or present.

At least GotG3 may be a little better now at least, GOTG2 was probably my worst Marvel movie.

Silver linings and all that eh @Blakey...

Put bluntly it's fucking ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Bit gutted with that news to be honest but when you’re a public figure it’s just not cool to be making those kind of jokes in the public eye in the past or present.

At least GotG3 may be a little better now at least, GOTG2 was probably my worst  Marvel movie.

Nonsense.  This bad faith mobbing is not something we should be tolerating.  We had it just last week with ArenaNet.

A few people I like were outed as arseholes in the MeToo movement and now I think fuck those guys.  This isn't the same.  I firmly believe this was orchestrated because of how much he criticises Trump a lot publicly.

48 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Nonsense.  This bad faith mobbing is not something we should be tolerating.  We had it just last week with ArenaNet.

A few people I like were outed as arseholes in the MeToo movement and now I think fuck those guys.  This isn't the same.  I firmly believe this was orchestrated because of how much he criticises Trump a lot publicly.

Well yeah I agree on that, does seem like GG's MO, they did similar with Allison Rapp at Nintendo.

Still doesn't make Gunn's past comments go down any smoother but I agree that Disney maybe shouldn't of capitulated to the baying mob so easily.

You're telling me that Disney, one of the largest companies in the world haven't been through everyone of their employees social media accounts with a fine tooth comb? I find it hard to believe they didn't know about all of these, or that they couldn't make it go away?

Either way, we now live in a world where everything you put online is captured and you can be held account for it, regardless of who it is that dug it up.

Still, it's a shitty way to leave. 

You wouldn't even need to go through his social media, since in the film he made right before Guardians had Ellen Page rape Rainn Wilson.  It stinks.  I'm kinda Mad OnlineTM about this but whatevs

10 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

You're telling me that Disney, one of the largest companies in the world haven't been through everyone of their employees social media accounts with a fine tooth comb? I find it hard to believe they didn't know about all of these, or that they couldn't make it go away?

Either way, we now live in a world where everything you put online is captured and you can be held account for it, regardless of who it is that dug it up.

Still, it's a shitty way to leave. 

All of this. We've all said things we regret in life but when its recorded and presented years and years later. Man, that's fucked up. We should be getting more mature as we get older and can change our naive views. Some things can never be unsaid too. I guess it depends how bad his comments were. Social media still has a lot to answer for in its own infancy...