passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

27 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

fwiw I think, Infinity War aside, most of the MCU films have been pretty poor recently. Thor 3 was great, Black Panther was alright, Antman 2, Guardians 2, the previous Avengers film, maybe even Mr Strange, were all pretty poor imo

Visually Thor 3 was good, again tonally it was derpy. Which actually impacted some of the (supposedly) dramatic moments of the film. Dr Strange I still haven't seen. 

27 minutes ago, Nag said:

For all the praise Black Panther gets, for me, it's easily in the worst five of the MCU films... GotG2 is in there too.

It was so boring and generic. This was the most "Marvel Formula" movie to date. Plus they ruined both villains by not giving them decent costumes.

5 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

fwiw I think, Infinity War aside, most of the MCU films have been pretty poor recently. Thor 3 was great, Black Panther was alright, Antman 2, Guardians 2, the previous Avengers film, maybe even Mr Strange, were all pretty poor imo

I'd say Black Panther and Guardians 2 are the only outright 'poor' ones there. Antman 2 wasn't amazing but had just enough of the MCU special sauce for me, I absolutely loved Doctor Strange, it's in my MCU Top 5. Age of Ultron I really enjoyed at the time but over time it has kind of waned in my head even though I've not rewatched it.

5 hours ago, Nag said:

For all the praise Black Panther gets, for me, it's easily in the worst five of the MCU films... GotG2 is in there too.

Yeah completely agree with both these takes.

I thought Black Panther was great. Set and costume design was amazing, soundtrack was fantastic, cast were great. Everyone was having a great time and it really showed in their performances. 

Granted the story wasn’t great (The Lion King did Hamlet the best), some of the CGI was DC movie bad, and Andy Serkis was wasted, but overall I’ve had a great time with it each time I’ve watched it. 

It completeky deserved the Oscars it won.

It's also because the Avengers he typically liaises with a mere humans. His first encounter with Ms Marvel, she is clearly beyond that. You act nicer to people that could incinerate you with minimal effort.

30 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Hate to break it to you @OCH but rarely anyone cares about power levels as much as you, especially in the films. 

?

Who was talking about power levels??? Within the context of the films, Stark, Widow, Cap, Hawkeye - For the most part these are the characters Fury talks to and they are all human, inherently the same as him. The first thing he sees Ms Marvel do is fire an energy beam from her hand and blow up part of a roof, before an extensive chase scene that is without a doubt superhuman in nature. Make sense now?

Has Fury actually ever spoken to Black Widow in the movie? I’m sure she is supposed to be he’s #1 agent, and she is sad for him when she thinks he is dead in Winter Soldier. But I can’t ever recall them talking, which is weird