Jimbo Xiii

Marvel Cinematic Universe

1 hour ago, Maf said:

Captain Marvel smashed it at the box office. Guess that Black Widow movie is a shoe in now 

Should have happened in Phase 2. I doubt it will now though. Endgame represents the finale to that first set of contracts. Samuel L Jackson has noticeable renewed his, no official word on any of the others though. My nieces really don't like Black Widow. One of my nieces remarked, watching Infinity War, "Why wasn't she dusted? She couldn't even be bothered to dye her hair in this one!" 🤣 

Well there have been talks of Black Widow scripts and I think they have a director signed to the film but that never made it a guarantee. And I guess it still isn’t but I see it being far more likely now Marvel have proof that people will come see one of their girl characters. 

I thought it was a missed opportunity that in Infinity War you don’t get to see Black Widow use the name Yelena as a fake name at some point because of the hair. 

That name drop was what I was expecting when I saw the Blond hair, alas they didn't even address it. I think they will move on to making films with new characters now and Black Widow's time has passed. I mean, Skrulls are in Captain Marvel, in the MCU, which means the Mutants aren't far behind them. 

I think Black Widow still being around could be kind of cool. Say all the OG Avengers go away for whatever reason I could see her filling the role of Nick Fury in the movies. Being the secret intel person in the shadows and secretly supporting the New Avengers 

New Avengers team should be Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp and Valkyrie. 

And Iron Heart, fuck it

I thought they had confirmed the Black Widow film was happening? I hope they do, I like Black Widow and she's taken a back seat for a while now.

I pretty much agree with everything @Maf said.

If the Avengers die off properly, they might just move forward with new teams and characters. Replace the GoTG with the FF, Avengers with X-Men etc and then years from now you might get a New Captain America, Iron-Man et al

I should think, via Star Wars, Disney will have learned the danger of oversaturation by now.

Dude, they won’t replace Avengers with X-Men. The Avengers name prints money for them. Infinity War made over two billion dollars. And not even by fluke. People love that movie, I expect the second one to be even a bit bigger. 

They’ll just do both Avengers and X-Men at the same time. And have double up on 2 billion dollar names if they do X-Men well enough.

I think, if the train manages to keep rolling, the next Infinity War style comic film event will be Avengers vs X-Men. And it won’t be like the comic they’ll just use the name but that will be the thing as they build the X-Men universe alongside keeping the Avengers universe going. 

Contracts have run out and some, in particular Chris Evans, are walking away. This is where pragmatism comes in. Just as Michael Keaton wasn't going to be Batman forever (no pun intended) and Tobey Macguire isn't still Spider-Man, this is the way long running movie series work. They won't keep rehashing the same old films, as I said they are learning that lesson with Star Wars and the backlash that causes. Besides, Black Panther won an Oscar and Captain Marvel has "smashed the box office", as you said. It is more likely they will keep forging ahead with new characters as long as they prove financially viable. Let's be honest, there is a reason they never dipped their toe too deep into the Avengers roster onscreen...

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

All that is true, but they will still call it Avengers. 

Not necessarily...

a99d2667446e7a3995d2f94317086bc0._SX1280

I liked that show as a kid. I liked all the Marvel shows, actually. Except Spider-Man Unlimited. Even as a kid I saw that and was like hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

24 minutes ago, Maf said:

I liked that show as a kid. I liked all the Marvel shows, actually. 

Even, this one?

I’ve never seen that one before. I watched Spider-man, X-Men, Iron Man, Hilk and Fantastic Four

Yes, Fantastic Four. The one with the theme song

I liked that show

Just watch episode one, to give you a general flavour...

Watched Captain Marvel yesterday. I enjoyed it, like people have said but no less true, it wasn't the best Marvel film but it was a pretty good one. Presonally I thought Brie Larson was great, I think she did what she could do with that character, I don't know what more people want. Hot as hell too.

I liked the mid credits teaser, I'm hyeeeeeeeep for Endgame.

Marvel are doing an animated What If series on there new streaming service 

Also March 20th Marvel will officially own Fox, and 4000 people are out of jobs