passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

1 hour ago, Maf said:

She's still within her right to do that. But I wouldn't call that professional, call that just being smart. 

Depends on whether or not she wants to work with them again. Maybe she thinks her time with that studio was over now anyway due to Black Widow being done and all of that, so she's squeezing the lemon one last time via a lawsuit.

I suppose I don't really care at the end of the day. I'd rather have Scarlett have the 50 million than Disney but it's just one of these laughable rich people things, so whatever.

You know what, looks really good. Maybe I should watch the first one after all. I couldn't get interested in a purely Venom movie but now a Venom vs Carnage movie? Yeah, yeah, I'm in. 

It's also wild the actor playing Carnage. I can't remember his name off the top what a weird choice. 

No Doppleganger, though? lol 

It's not very good but 'so bad its good' is really something which should be reserved for films that are extraordinarily bad that they feel like outsider art, which Venom definitely is not

It's a plane film, which is how I watched it. Especially given that it's a very PG 13 kinda film they don't censor the shit out of the plane version. Better things to spend your time on, unless you're stuck on a plane. Which won't be anytime soon

It's a totally fine movie if you just go in with the expectation to see a cool version of Venom in live-action because they really nailed the design. It's a one-and-done thing though, I rewatched it on Netflix early this year and there's really nothing in it to hold your interest if you're already seen it once. 

I was watching a thing about Marvel movies and it occurred to me that I don’t like it that Peter never gets rejected by women in the movies. I guess that’s a staple of popcorn Hollywood that the guy can’t be rejected. There can be an obstacle, another guy, another girl, but the hero always gets to be with who he wants eventually. I guess it would have some weird adverse effect on the audience that they would look at the hero different or hate the girl character for rejecting him.

I want to see a Spider-Man movie where Peter approaches a girl and asks her out and she laughs at him and says “No go away nerd”. Then still have her be an active part of Peter’s larger social circle. 

Maybe that is a more a thing you would see on TV show but I wish they’d make life harder for Peter in the films. Or at least prolong the romance drama. In the MCU Peter goes 2 for 2 and he barely has to try.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure both Spider-Man and Daredevil are supposed to be losers when it comes to their personal lives. Also I thought to myself how one of the more iconic moments of Peter's love life would be hard to replicate, given how the MCU handles costumes...

peter-parker-the-spectacular-spider-man-

They’re not losers. Peter is a underdog (And sometimes a bit of a loser) and Murdock is emotionally unstable. Daredevil is a womaniser through and through. He’s problem is he is crazy, all over the place, and and can’t control himself. I think the only Marvel character that fucks more than DD is She-Hulk. 

Spider-Man is just unlucky. Except in the movies where he is tripping over women. It’d be nice to see him save everybody, but everybody still hates him at the end.

Someone was talking to me about the MCU Fantastic Four. As they look more likely than the X-Men to appear relatively soon. Naturally the question turns to their villains and who I would like to see first.

Dr. Doom - usually the go-to choice. Their nemesis and all that.

No. I said. Doom has been in all four live action Fantastic Four films.

Galactus (and by extension, Silver Surfer)

Not yet. Honestly, I think the Devourer of Worlds could be an end of Phase, team-up villain. Not a one and done, like the disservice they did to Ego.

"Then who?"

This guy:

7213757-psycho%20ray-%20causes%20a%20man

Spoiler

774539-psychos.jpg

DTTPyfC9lQDnwtjaJbtfioe5L5OSZcSM1V77Ig4t

Yep, a Jack Kirby creation. Ties into the Microverse Quantum Realm and as from who he takes down in the pics above, Very Powerful. Yet weird and quirky enough to work within the MCU. Even as a one-off villain.

Plus, he has a theme song ready to go, courtesy of Black Sabbath.

It depends what they want to do with it. If they want to do classic FF superheroics then they should do Dr Doom, or Namor, or Mole Man, or Annihalus, or a Beyonder, or even Skrulls. Skrulls seem friendly right now in the MCU but they have that Secret Invasion TV show happening soon. I can’t imagine Skrulls will be friendly for much longer. 

If they want to go for a more modern take then lean into the sci-fi nature of newer FF. They already introduced a particularly suitable bad guy for the Fantastic Four in Loki, and those concepts in that show are are also very in line with what the recent Fantastic Four do. The bad guy in the FF movie could be Molecule Man, then shit between that and Loki that’s everything you need to do Hickman’s Secret Wars right now. Just replace Doom with the new guy.

Multiverse, multiple of the same person in each timeline, a huge war between realties. Aside from how Wanda fits in to it everything else feels like it’s in place or in motion to do a version of Secret Wars, but like a mixture of the 80’s original (Good vs Evil to keep it simple) and the 2015 version (So we can see all these timelines on one conquered planet). If they start tying those threads together with the Fantastic Four that would make sense to me. 

I really think Secret Wars is the new Endgame. Like with Infinity War/Endgame where they took the name from Infinity War, the central premise of Infinity Gauntlet and baked it in to Hickman’s Infinity Event I think they’ll do for Secret Wars. But like I said a mixture of the 80’s version and the 2015 version.

Namor would be really good to debut as a villain in FF. As long as they keep that volatile arrogance that drives the character in the comics, without softening it for the MCU. Like they did with Quicksilver.

fantastic-four-villains.jpg

I know the Big Three of FF have got to be there, at some point. Blastaar, Beyonder and Annihilus are easy to insert into the MCU now, outside of the FF. Given Cosmic characters have already been established. Mole Man, the Moloids and his Giant Monsters are a bit iffy to introduce. Although it does depend how they want to portray him.

The Loki guy is an Avengers villain primarily, who is being introduced proper in the next Ant-Man film. 

I'd like to see the classic Secret Wars onscreen. Less so, the Hickman one. It isn't bad, but it relies on a lot more context than the original. Just like how the film adaptation of Civil War wasn't really much of a "war" with only a dozen people. But they do need to introduce Galactus first. As he is quite important to the storyline. Via Secret Wars you can introduce everyone so far absent [that matters] from the MCU. Throg, Silver Surfer, Mutants, Man-Thing etc etc

As for Psycho Man, did I mention he is also a tiny man in a robot suit?

Psycho-Man.jpg

Haha. I've never heard of Psycho Man but I love the 'tiny guy in huge robot' idea it's always funny. 

If they do Secret Wars I don't think it will be the full Hickman story because it's too much for movies. But I could see them taking his version of Battleworld as a setting. Instead of parts of it being made up of the Civil War timeline or Planet Hulk timeline or the X-Men '92 timeline and exploring those, instead it will be whatever the different timelines from Loki are. Then the actual story will be good guys vs bad guys who have to traverse it and overthrow the God Doom replacement (Probably the new guy)

They might not do any of it but to me it makes sense. 

I've only just realised that Namor is basically the Vegeta archetype, huh? Or the other way around. 

1 hour ago, Maf said:

I've only just realised that Namor is basically the Vegeta archetype, huh? Or the other way around. 

Except Namor remains an asshole, hero or villain.

What If..? Episode 1

Positives: The animation is very nice, as is the VO.

Negatives: It is played VERY safe. Doesn't really do anything crazy/unexpected with the concept.

6/10