passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

1 hour ago, HandsomeDead said:

That's one hell of a misunderstanding of Raimi's horror.  Like hoping Bruce Campbell won't be in it. 

Bruce Campbell would be great in the MCU, to be honest. I just really don't need to see another dancing goat ala Drag Me To Hell, or dancing emo ala Spider-Man 3...

Why is it such a derived thing in Spider-Man 3?  Under the influence of the space-goo Peter Parker became a dickhead.  It was never supposed to be cool or anything, he's framed to be a fool. 

The way I see so many talk about it really makes me think that point is totally missed. 

I'll put this thought here instead than in the Avengers game thread, but WRT @DisturbedSwan was saying surely now these new films will have to be on Disney+ for the foreseeable future.

Because of social distancing measures having to be around for a while. There's going to have to be some sort of big shift like that.

I really dont know how cinemas are going to work for the next while at least (really want to see that new Dune film)

Depends on how quickly the alternate measures to vaccines are introduced. The mass testing they are aiming for by the end of this month, could mean cinemas and other gathering places open sooner than later. Disney pushing back their entire schedule as they have, would suggest big box office takings are still the desired outcome. 

I didn’t say anything like that @one-armed dwarf ?

I think the only Marvel film due out this year is Black Widow in November, everything in 2021 should be fine but I guess it depends how much filming is/was disrupted. Maybe certain things will get pushed to late 2021/early 2022. 

But I definitely don’t think they’ll put the new MCU films on Disney+, I know they’ve done it with the new Pixar film Onward but Marvel films are such marquee releases that I think they’ll just delay them until it’s possible to release them in a cinema.

Yeah sorry I was just speculating on the back of what you're saying about new film releases, not that you said that specifically. I wasn't clear

Probably they'll delay I suppose, imo tho they might want to eventually just bite the bullet and embrace digital. Not necessarily because of filming disruption but because people may not even want to go to a cinema for quite a while.

The only reason Onward was released on Disney+ so soon is because it had already had a brief cinema run and didn't do that well.

Putting Marvel movies straight onto Disney+ is a terrible idea for Disney.

They currently have roughly 50 million subscribers, at £6 each they're making 300 million per month, so roughly 375 million dollars. So roughly 3.6 Billion per year.

That's without movies in the cinema. Throw a Marvel movie in the cinema and they'll be making whatever their cut of 800 to 1 billion dollars is ON TOP the 375 million per month they're already making.

2 Marvel movies a year and 2 flagship titles a year roughly equates to 4 billion dollars box office. And most of those seats also own Disney+ now, so why would they settle for 3.6 billion when they know they could make 7?

Disney won't lose money if they move everything to Plus, but they know they can almost double their profits if they put movies in the cinema first. And we all know the mouse loves the green.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched Spiderverse again last night and man it really is the best comic book movie ever made. It’s the best looking movie I’ve ever seen, the soundtrack is fresh and electric, these are the most fleshed out and best written characters in any comic book movie. It’s funny, thrilling, serious, sad and heartfelt all the time. It taps into the idea of ‘Kid becoming superhero’ better than any Spider-Man film before. I just can’t get over how ridiculously good it is. On 4K HDR disc as well. Jesus Christ, dude, the picture. 

I love the action and the wit and the love for the material but also totally not afraid to have fun with it. I mean Spider-Ham is in it and handled amazingly. What better way to show the fun and silly side of comic books while also it all being really good spirited and all working together. 

The only criticism I really have of it is Miles’s dad turns up in two scenes to add emotion to the movie while not really explaining why he is there or why he is the only police officer there, but it’s totally fine I will accept it for what it adds to the moments. 

There really isn’t another superhero or comic book movie that really captures the truly admirable and heroic side of these characters quite like this film does it. Even though Mile’s gets his powers really early he doesn’t become Spider-Man until right at the end and when they finally have that moment it’s so rewarding because they spent the entire film building to it. As opposed to any other Spider-Man origin story where they skip over that part with a montage of him pissing about for 5 minutes and boom now he is the perfect Spider-Man. 

It’s just so fucking awesome all of the time. The only other thing I kept thinking was I wish the Spider-Man game looked like this film does. I know it’s Hollywood graphics vs video game graphics and they want the game to appeal to as many people as possible while showing off the PS4. But damned if I don’t want a Spider-Man game that looks like this 

spi_intospiderverse_website_content_001.
a9c1c7d4a4fad48e68d106aea7b2894e.jpg

How do you watch this any not cry?! God damn

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

Seems someone at Disney liked Booksmart. So I guess at least one person over there isn't hellspawn. 

It's for Sony (part of their 'Spiderverse' no doubt) so the 'hellspawn' at Disney (Marvel Studios) and the heads of their record breaking and critically acclaimed MCU Infinity Saga likely had nothing to do with this. ?