passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

As much as I really want to see the Black Widow movie, it’s sort of packaged with a bit of salt in the wound that we won’t get more Black Widow post Endgame. It’s stunted both by the fact it takes place after Civil War and before Infinity War so you know Natasha will be fine for that period, but also it can’t even connect to a further sequel that would take place after Endgame. 

Not that every film has to have a sequel or connect with extra continuity, but off the bat it seems like it has nothing to do in both the short term or the long term and is more the MCU equivalent of a lifetime achievement award for Johansson. Like ‘We really missed the boat on this, but now here you go’ 

I love the character but it all all seems kind of redundant at this point. It’s situation is kind of reminiscent of Solo.

People said Cap Marvel was really flat in Endgame, and I can sort of see that, although I did also really enjoy her very small appearances in that movie but I get what they mean, but now watching the full film about her wow Brie Larson is so fucking good and fun. I think the film is all right so far but she is huge amounts of fun to watch. If just sticking too the main characters in the MCU I definitely think she is one of the top tier performers. 

I have to be honest by the end of the movie I had kind of lost the plot and became very disinterested in what was happening, but every time Brie is on screen it’s just a lot of fun

I don’t think I would rent it again but I’m very excited to see what they do with her next 

I thought it was fine, standard 7/10 MCU fare. I saw it once and that was enough. They definitely made up for the lacklustre debut of the Kree in GoTG, although I wasn't really keen on how they portrayed the Skrulls. It is a shame they threw the OG Mar-Vell under the bus, to push Danvers in the role.

I finally managed to watch Endgame, it was alright. It never really gets to be good, largely because it's trying to do too much I think, it almost feels flabby too, despite them never quite putting any meat in to any scene. That's not to say it's bad, it's no, and it's definitely not a disaster, nor the worst Avengers film. There are points where it's just straight up bad though, 3 or 4 of them, which I guess can't be helped when the film is 3 hours long

Spoiler

I feel like I've forgot some of the really poor bits simply because the film moves along, but the pass along of the glove at the end was really dumb, as was Captain America managing to beat the shit out of Thanos with a weapon he's never used, when Thor, who has used it all his life even if he is tubby now, and Captain Marvel get bodied by him. On that note, a guy who has no super strength or powers of any kind is now going to be Captain America, seems a bad choice, especially as I couldn't pick the actor out of a lineup, but then if they make the next Captain America film really good, or just keep him for the Avengers, then that's something Marvel can fix themselves

The bit where all the female characters team up, they did that in the last Avengers film, it's so hokey, very, very Disney. There's also way too much Deus Ex Machina, starting with the rat just happening to turn on the device to bring Ant-man back then never really stopping. Also the writing out of Captain Marvel until she nick of times back in, it's not a well written film

The time travel solution isn't great, but then they did manage to pull Thanos back in to it in an interesting way, even if the "network" thing was nonsense 

Yeah. The film tries so hard to not be predictable and to keep the audience guessing that it goes in directions, or uses things to go in those directions, that really make the logic to even a time travel film really strain sometimes. 

And then it gets to the end fight when it becomes almost completely predictable and it’s the best and most satisfying part of the movie. In all the press interviews the directors kept talking about how much they like to be disruptive. Which suited Infinity War really well, but I don’t think Endgame was the time or place for it. 

The whole female shot, though, is actually a nod to A-Force and not really a Disney thing. Even though it’s just a shot I really liked that, it looked cool. I would watch that movie.

• 2 weeks later...