passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

What If is an animated show with the film actors playing the voices of their characters. Odd, but to me this idea hinges on the quality of the animation. It’s an in-house Marvel Studios project so I have to imagine it’s going to be expensive and look good, but this one is definitely something I need to see before I can excited about it 

Shit @RikSP just made the exact same point lol

EDIT: Although this does give me opportunity to say the thing I’m most excited about from all the announcements is 

097205928db98c676462fc34daeca2c442c2945d

If Hemsworth dies at the end and Portman takes over for the rest of the MCU I wouldn’t be mad. 

So this video is actually about Blade but in it the idea is raised if John what’s-his-face and Emily Blunt could play Reed and Sue in the FF and immediately I was like ?

Yes it now has to be and I won’t accept anything less 

df80a2a1de717734b9096e9058113201.jpg

2 hours ago, Duck said:

Phase 4..

- Thor will have Natalie Portman/Jane Foster as female Thor.

- Doctor Strange 2 is a horror movie.

- Mahershala Ali is Blade. Apparently he phoned Marvel asking for the part after getting his oscar. :lol: 

- No Avengers this phase

1) I would have preferred Beta Ray (given how space based Ragnarok was, I thought they would have kept that going) but pulling the story back to Earth should be fine.

2) Good news. Dr. Strange is certainly a series that can bridge multiple genres.

3) That is really good casting. Snipes was one of those inspired bits of casting before, like JK Simmons as JJ Jameson, Patrick Stewart as Professor X etc Ali is certainly another.

4) Outside of the TV shows, I didn't expect it either.

I am curious that they are just throwing an Eternals film out there with zero exposition or build up. I'd expect the Gaiman run to be incorporated into Thanos' brief flashback to his people on Titan.

Also, I can't read it from the picture, what is the subtitle of Thor:Four?

Gotta say this phase isn't going in the direction I thought it would for the most part.  Looks cool at this stage. 

I'm wondering if they're going to take the MCU out of the PG-13 bracket with Blade.  Ever since they got Deadpool back I've wondered if they were going to create an R-rated slice of the MCU.  Probably not but it would be cool. 

And Moon Knight as Blade's antagonist, please. 

If the guy playing Blade after he was whoever he was in Luke Cage can be recast as a different character does that mean it’s off-limits for actors to be cast again as the same characters? Ie Charlie Cox as Daredevil and who’s-it-now as Kingpin?

Ummm... I know, I've read a bit.  But he hunts monsters and Blade is a vampire. 

When Moon Knight first appeared he was introduced as an antagonist who hunted a ware wolf who was the protagonist of the comic but then he turned on those that hired him.  I'd like to see a sort of adaptation except with Blade. 

14 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

Ummm... I know, I've read a bit.  But he hunts monsters and Blade is a vampire. 

When Moon Knight first appeared he was introduced as an antagonist who hunted a ware wolf who was the protagonist of the comic but then he turned on those that hired him.  I'd like to see a sort of adaptation except with Blade. 

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdl

?

10 hours ago, Nag said:

Talking of Blade (we are talking of Blade here, right?) I think I'm really gonna struggle seeing anyone other than Snipes in the role... He did a bang up job of the character, I can't see it being as cool as the first film was either.

He's got the presence down. People initially had the same reservations when Shane was cast as Punisher, after all.

Yeah he can kind of play whatever role he wants.

I want to recommend True Detective 3, but I found it really boring. Ali was really good in it though playing the same dude in very different stages of his life (young and headstrong, old and suffering with dementia).

Wesley Snipes is apparently a big diva and caused massive headaches when working on Blade Trinity. There's one scene where he got in such a tiff with production that he refused to open his eyes. So they cg-ed fake eyeballs on him.

For some reason nobody wants to work with him anymore...

5 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Wesley Snipes is apparently a big diva and caused massive headaches when working on Blade Trinity. There's one scene where he got in such a tiff with production that he refused to open his eyes. So they cg-ed fake eyeballs on him.

For some reason nobody wants to work with him anymore...

Same thing with Bruce Willis apparently, right from his early career too.