passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

For some reason I had convinced myself I wasn’t keen on Homecoming despite remembering liking it at the cinema. Anyways, watched it again and really enjoyed it (again), I don’t know what the fuck I was thinking. Holland’s Spiderman is great, young bumbling awesome idiot. Hype for Far from Home.

So who’s seeing Far From Home this weekend? I was thinking about it but not sure I’m that bothered. Apparently the post credit scenes are amazing and the real thing to be excited for so I might just wait until someone puts a phone recording of them up on YT

Yeah I loved it. They did Mysterio perfectly for this MCU and both post credits scenes are worth staying for.

Fantastic movie, great palette cleanser after Endgame and I will definitely be seeing it again. 

Watched Far From Home again today. Didn't love it as much as the first time I watched it, but I still really enjoyed it.

Mysterio is without a doubt one of the most fun characters in the MCU and they used him in such a great way. 

My Spider-Man [fanboy] friend went to see it. He simply said to me "Good MCU film, bad Spider-Man film". He still cites "Into the Spider-Verse" as the best Spidey film since Spider-Man 2 (his personal favourite). It is that kind of critique that makes me anxious about how the X-Men will be integrated into the MCU. Whether they will force the same ties that they have with Spider-Man.

We can only dream the X-Men be as well implemented into the MCU as Spidey has been. 

Saw FFH on Wednesday and to the surprise of no one I absolutely loved it. Mysterio is definitely one of the best characters in the MCU and they implemented him perfectly. Gyllenhaal was incredible in the role. 

It only really hints and teases at what Phase 4 will be though which is good. The PP/Spidey story is absolutely at the heart of it which is the right call. 

The post-credits scenes are absolutely bonkers as well. 

5 minutes ago, Blakey said:

We can only dream the X-Men be as well implemented into the MCU as Spidey has been. 

Not every Spider-Man fan out there likes the idea of him being an Iron-Man groupie, nor the tech he has in his suits. Although I have no horse in the race, Spider-Man has been a global icon in his own right for a lot longer than any significant number of people cared about Iron-Man. That fact shouldn't be belittled.

By the same token, hopefully they won't generate ties to the X-Men that don't normally exist. It is an allegory on persecuted minorities, to that end, the Mutants wouldn't travel in the same circles as any Avenger. 

Also using Ultimate X-Men as a Movie framework, much as they successfully did with the Avengers, wouldn't work well with X-Men either. The Ultimate series was VERY hit and miss with characterisation. 

Spoiler

kitty_pryde_-_god_loves_man_kills.jpg

Image-4-Storm-Tokenism.png

^ The above is the tone they should be aiming for, to set the MCU X-Men films apart from what has come before.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Hemsworth says he wants to take a break from acting and given the 'Thor-in-GoTG' set up,  the next sequel might be a Valkyrie-led film, following the New Asgard colony? Or recasting time with Eric Masterson or Beta Ray Bill as the next Thor??

Phase 4..

Marvels-Phase-4-SDCC.jpg

+ Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, "Mutants", FF and...Blade.

- Thor will have Natalie Portman/Jane Foster as female Thor.

- Doctor Strange 2 is a horror movie.

- Mahershala Ali is Blade. Apparently he phoned Marvel asking for the part after getting his oscar. :lol: 

- No Avengers this phase

Looks good, I'm really interested in the TV shows (mainly the Hawkeye one) and Thor. Hopefully the adding of the mutants happens sooner rather than later.