passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Well said.

As much as I don't like Spider-Man, I do think the newest one is the most irritating one to date. Whats-his-name from the three Sam Raimi Spider films might have been a little crybaby, but at least he had a little charm/charisma.

I think Tom Holland is the perfect Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Right body type, good looking but not over the top, he does the accent which is a massive +. I take issue with what they do with Spider-Man in the MCU but they somehow make it work for the most part.

Like Homecoming they make him a big Iron Man groupie but only to take it all away at the end and make him stand on his own two. I like they try to kit him out with tech in Homecoming and there is that scene at the petrol station where the suit says “You have 512 different options” and Peter is like “Oh, my god just give me webs!” which is almost meta commentary for like “God dammit, Iron Man, get out of my movie”

They make him go up against ridiculous adversaries but he loses pretty much all his fights (Cap, Giant Man, Vulture, Guys in a van, Thanos, The Black Order, even the Guardians and just about everything he runs in to in Endgame). There is that “Why is he here?” element to a lot of MCU Spider-Man appearances but they still nail the idea of it isn’t the winning or losing that makes him a hero it’s the fact he tries is what makes him heroic. 

Things in the MCU Spider-Man which is unforgivable is: MJ being called Michelle, hearing Spider-Man swear, seeing him come up with the idea of killing people and then actually killing people, literally every single person except Flash knowing who he is and not keeping his fucking mask on oh my god I know the studio pays for the face but I’m here to see the mask. You made the eyes move, brilliant decision, but that is so he doesn’t have to take the mask off every 3 seconds stop fucking doing it. 

Also it’s a shame they can’t capture the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. Those movies were terrible but they really nailed that above all else in those movies and the best parts of Spider-Man are the romantic comedy. 

ee5zmyx_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Anyway, random Spider-Man rant over. Short version is I think Tom Holland is very good as the character but they need to stop focusing on all the ways they can make the films different than what came before and making the movies better than all the ones that came before. I have the highest reservations about FFH. Why have we not seen Spider-Man swing around NY yet like c’mon

1 hour ago, Maf said:

oh my god I know the studio pays for the face but I’m here to see the mask. 

My single biggest complaint with the MCU.  Luckily most X-Men don't have that problem. Or the FF, for that matter. So it won't be such a big deal moving forward, but it is so immersion breaking at times.

If hes taking a break, good for him. He has technically been committed to the MCU for the past decade. Better to step back before you burn out.

In the meantime...

Spoiler

Thunderstrike-Thor-Marvel-Comics-Avenger

Beta-Ray-Bill-with-Stormbreaker.jpg

..Adequate replacements exist, for the character.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix moderately bombs at the box office. So if anyone was still wondering if any actors or plot threads would be carried over in to the MCU, here is your answer. 

1 hour ago, DifferentClass said:

I would to have seen an MCU take on the Dark Phoenix saga as they would have taken it to where it needs to go but they're not going to touch it after Fox's two attempts. 

Never say never. Give it some time and I could see them having a proper run at it in about a decade.

4 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

Never say never. Give it some time and I could see them having a proper run at it in about a decade.

After these two stabs at it, it can't be worse...