passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I’m not saying you should or shouldn’t like this movie, the new movie or the old movies or anything like that, but in your post I quoted you said

1) Avengers 1 nothing important happened - I’m saying the Avengers came together 

2) They didn’t start taking risks until Thor 3 - Despite nothing like this being done before and no one believed in it at the start

3) They didn’t get experimental until Thor 3 - But they did in most of the series like Cap and others

Is all I’m saying. I’m not saying you have to like/not like them.  

Knowing @OCH and @one-armed dwarf , along with others reactions, I can derive this is going to something great for me. Fuckin can't wait. 

So tempted to ditch the wife and go see it ? but I've seen all (what we on now 22films?) Of them so I can't do that to her at the final hurdle. She doesn't get why I'm squirming so much to see it tho ?

Been such an impressive ride. Watching these characters develop and come together. Been so good that for the most part the actors are all the same. Helps with that attachment you form to them. 

Not had anything out right spoiled yet but hearing some bits like

Spoiler

people crying

has me worried, but not surprised at what might happen. 

Fuck it. Stop thinking about it ?

Is maf your wife and is this why neither of you have seen it yet?

I'm bored sitting here waiting for the beat by beat maf breakdown of the film ??

Here the parts I liked then

Spoiler

Haunting opening with Hawkeye's family getting dusted

Hulk dab

Big Lebowski Thor staying fat for the entire film and still being able to channel the rage of the gods or whatever. I see some people calling Thor out as bodyshaming which I can see also but moments like that felt empowering

Cap going all Kratos with the shield and hammer combo.

Then Cap deciding fuck this hero business for a game of soldiers and choosing to bow out and grow old

Also the bit with Iron Man where he straight up can't even allow himself to die until he hears that Thanos is gone ?

I can only speak for myself but 

As someone dealing with horrendous depression who’s spent the last year drinking, eating pizza, playing videogames and putting on a LOT of weight I have no issue with Thor in this at all. 

Even the jokes (cheese whizz) made me laugh because that’s the kind of stuff my friends say to me whenever the topic of my weight gain comes up. There’s no malice it it, friends are just assholes to each other. 

I’ve found myself drunkenly rambling and breaking down in front of people and trying to run away from my problems more than I’d care to admit. I’ll often go more than a week without leaving the flat.

I actually thought it was great to show that abusing your body like that for years will have terrible effects on it whereas most movies show the depressed drunk guy as still being super ripped or whatever. 

My body looks like Thor’s in this movie and I honestly fucking hate it, but I don’t feel attacked or angry at the film makers because I think they managed to portray someone going through that kind of thing perfectly.

But that’s just me.

Spoiler

To be honest, Hawkeye was one of the people I thought could have been cut from the film and nothing would have been lost.

Was that a fat suit on Thor? I wasn't too sure.

The bit with Cap and Falcon at the end was so forced. It made sense in the comics because they had known each other for decades. In the films the two have known each other for? Months? a year or two? They should have reversed that scene with Bucky stepping up.

I was watching a Folding Ideas video on YouTube, wherein after he finished watching it, he felt like he was done. Not in a bad one, but in a cathartic one. I wonder how widespread that feeling is/will be? I doubt I'll see Endgame again, but that is primarily because, although I probably missed the odd dialogue here and there, I think most of the appeal of the film would be in the surprise. Like how that scene in the opening ten minutes pissed me right off, because I wasn't expecting it.

You're pretty good at mentioning the stuff that didn't work Pious, I don't have your reference points to agree or disagree with any of what you say.

You said you liked the film tho, any specific character moments that hit home for you? I'm curious to hear a big nerd's perspective because I'm only learning these plotlines from the films.

Ant-Man and Hulk were scene stealing in this. Unsure if that is down to the actors themselves or the material they worked from? Like I said, they were genuinely funny and not the derpy humour of the older MCU films IE GoTG 2. Those two and Thanos kept me entertained throughout. My memory is already a bit fuzzy, so I don't have total scene for scene recall.

I hope Hulk some sort of redemption. Or bigger part to play. It was one thing that disappointed me about Infinity War in that Hulk wasn't really in it. 

But I've seen the promo stuff. If it is Prof Hulk than I'm already expecting disappointment in that regard. I'll see ?

I think the whole shared legal rights with Hulk is glaring apparent in these creative decisions. I mean, there is a lot of CG in Infinity War/Endgame, so you can't say they restrict his use due to cost.

Fair enough. As I said, I had an idea what they would be going for with Hulk after watching Infinity War. Oh and @one-armed dwarf probably, to me, the best line in the film:

Spoiler

That's America's ass

That line and the callback later made me laugh far more than I thought it would.

Spoiler

I’m completely with Nag with regards to Hulk. I was really hoping they’d have him smashing loads of shit up in this after IW had him basically as a coward. Was hoping for a rematch between him and Thanos too. Sure have Professor Hulk - in fact you need him for this story to work, like where he uses the stones, regular Hulk wouldn’t have done that. But I’d have liked if if angry Hulk took over at some points. He’s been underused in these since the original Avengers, apart from Ragnarok which was absolutely amazing! 

Also, the original Avengers Assemble was brilliant and is still one of my favourite one of these films. I think they did a fantastic job on that. I believe this Cinematic Universe thing could have fallen apart if that was shit. 

I never really cared about Superhero stuff until these films either, never read the comics or anything. Watched some of the old cartoons when I was young which I liked but that was it. After these films I fucking love that shit now. Come close to buying some anthologies a few times. Not bit the bullet yet though lol, these movies satisfy me enough and I’d be scared of becoming one of these people that resents the films because they don’t go far enough with regards to matching the comic stories. 

This is probably the most anticipated film for years. The fact that after all that hype it isn't shite means it is likely to gross ridiculous money.

Fun fact I heard on the radio the other day: Captain Marvel made more money at the box office than the last four Disney Remakes combined, including the recent Dumbo. Marvel Studios is certainly Disney's cash cow right now.

It also opened up in pretty much every market in one week as well which movies don’t do. So it has that advantage.

The big deal is it broke 350mil in the US in one weekend. Something apparently even Disney didn’t think was possible. 

Fucking phone. Every time I open the web browser it tries hit me with headlines it thinks I want to read and the first one said “We Have To Talk About that Black Widow-“ Blahh, no we don’t. Leave me alone phone. I just got to get through the next 41 hours or something and I will go in completely unspoiled