passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I was exactly the same after getting out @Nag.

I cried 4 times.

What a film. An absolutely phenomenal achievement, completely subverts expectations. 

How they kept that many threads going at one time and still managed to keep it moving, not feeling bogged down or confusing is a damn miracle.

Pretty much a perfect movie or me, I can’t really fault it.

22 minutes ago, OCH said:

As I won't be back til gone Midnight. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow...

C’mon, OCH. Give it to us straight. Out of 10 how many Turok 2’s would you give it? 

Watched this today, and for the most part I bloody loved it.

Thought the first act was absolutely fantastic. It went in a completely different direction than I thought it would, and was definitely the strongest section of the movie imo.

I’ll spoiler the next bit:

Spoiler

The second act I was less hot on, but still enjoyed it for the most part. Thought at times it drifted a little too much into Back to the Future 2 territory for my liking. But it did have some great moments, not to mention some nice callbacks and references for people who had watched all the previous MCU films.

Final act was definitely a worth while climax - a big battle scene that was everything you’d expect. Stories for key characters were tired up nicely, and the thing actually ended! There was scope for the odd branching story (Thor joining the Guardians for example), but all in all there was closure.

Good stuff.

3 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

What a load of shite. 2/10. Should have been b&w and French but dubbed in Czech. 

The voice of reason in the house

OCH is gonna be so mad you’re stealing he’s schstick

Slightly off topic but I was asking my students what their plans for the weekend were and most of them said they were going to see Avengers. 

Now.. discussing Marvel stuff with Polish people isn't a problem if they know the word superhero.. why..

The polish for hero is 'bohater' which being british i instantly think means 'body odour hater'

So i've had a few student say 'I love superbohaters' ?? and almost lost it. 

I watched Endgame this afternoon. I loved it, I’d love to take a rational standpoint on it but I just bloody loved it. The tone, the pacing, everything. Ticked all my boxes. Fucking rad ending to an amazing ride.

Projections have now shifted for box office and they think Avengers will hit between 315m-330m, maybe even higher, in America alone this weekend. 

Who knows if it will but if it does that is supposed to be crazy. I don’t know much about movies but I just saw this and numbers are fun. 

31 minutes ago, illdog said:

I deleted it because it was just bait and you were being a cock.

Nope. You’d have to be a cock to take it seriously. It was instantly taken for what it was by someone. ??‍♂️ If no one can post something such light hearted and obvious you have a lot of deleting to do from multiple threads and years.

I’ve seen Endgame twice now and cant stop talking/thinking about it.

It’s not a perfect movie my any means, but I do think it’s the perfect end to this MCU.

It’s pure unabashed fan fiction. It feels like the writers spent years combing forums and message boards reading the most popular wants the fans had and went “There you go!”

It’s not a movie for anyone other than hardcore MCU fans and I am completely ok with that. 

It’s not my favourite movie, but I gebuinely love it. I’ve had to fight back so many tears over the two viewings I’ve had, and there will probably be more to come.

I don’t think there will be a movie like this again in our lifetime. Sure. Phase 4 and 5 will bring the cosmic, but this is going to go down in history as the first true movie event and I don’t think it’ll be beat.