passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Infinity Tens.

Spoiler

It was fucking amazing, seeing it again tonight, and will see it at least one more time after that. What a film, I dont see there being a film that is THIS hyped, and then over delivers.

10 minutes ago, RikSP said:

I’m still processing it to be honest. 

Is it better or worse than Turok 2? This is my yard stick for quality 

12 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

#poopsockin

You know I’ve read this a few times now and can not make sense of what it means. What is a poop sock and what are you putting it in? 

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Poop socking is what MMO players do when they need to camp for lengthy periods or run a long, intense raid

Aren't they the same ones people find dead at their homes, because they forget to eat, in real life? 

12 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I was going to watch this but now I'm too tired to go to the cinema.

And I paid and everything. Damn. Well I hope one happy Marvel fan enjoys the extra elbow room.

You’re not allowed to see it until Wednesday next week I don’t trust you not to spoil it 

Saw it again last night, definitely want to see it in 2d on sunday maybe. The screening last night was on a small screen and it was really fucking dark too, so I am looking forward to a 2d screening to try and pick out any details of things.

Really good reception for Endgame. Good to hear from those that have seen of it how good it is. 

@Maf and @OCH hurry up. Keen to hear your takes (seeing as I don't know when I'll get to it, I'm taken to feeding off others emotions like an emohawk?) Biggest comic nerds around and you ain't seen it yet. Disgraceful ?

I saw the midnight showing in a double-header with IW.

IW I really enjoyed again but still don't find... (spoilers just in case)

Spoiler

The Snap/The Decimation that emotional. Especially Spidey's death. That just annoyed fuck out of me. Everyone else disappears into dust and he gets a good 15 seconds of whinging before he turns to ash. Nah, bullshit.

Anyway, Endgame. I thought it was a really nice send-off for 11 years of Marvel movies, and while there were some incredible scenes, especially...

Spoiler

the 40-45 minute sequence that flowed from saving the day into getting blown up, into a three on one Thanos fight, into a big all-out war.

... I just wasn't that impressed. It could have been the lack of air-con, so the cinema felt like a sauna by the end, but it just isn't a GOAT contender. I dunno, maybe I'm just not as big of a Marvel fan as I thought. Positives and negatives in spoilers for anyone that cares...

Spoiler

Positives

Cap's story. I loved seeing him on the bench at the end.

Iron Man's hologram message. It annoyed me when he didn't say he loves his daughter back, then I got a bit of a lump in my throat when he said it in his post-humous message.

The special effects were something else.

Hulk. I liked the bridge between Banner and Hulk.

Negatives

Fucking, Thor. Played for laughs until the fight with Thanos.

The first half hour or so. It slowed down too much after **THAT** death 10 minutes in for my liking.

The fight with Black Widow and Hawkeye. We knew who was going there. Clint had a family. That wouldn't have made sense for his story. His whole motivation was getting them back.

I like more than I didn't like overall, but still. Maybe it was overhyped in my head. I dunno.

? yeah.

1 hour ago, Maf said:

and OCH will be like

OCH: Fucking trash is nothing like the comics where are the X-Men blarefhh die, Spider-Man, die why are you so much better than my beloved mutants [Insert GIF]

? That's a given. But knowing him, as a measurement I can guage how good it is by how much he trashes it ?