passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Enjoyed Captain Marvel, it's how they need to do origin stories now, at this point all we really need is a scene then tie it in to the universe 

As happy as I am to see Nine Inch Nails advertised heavily, although they pussied out of putting them on the soundtrack, this had the Bumblebee problem of never letting you forget the nostalgia. There's a bit where she's stood in front of a load of Bush and Smashing Pumpkins posters, they're all pristine and colourful in a way those posters never are, even the day they're put up 

They also laid the girl power on a bit thick. It was handled fairly well until No Doubt came on, that was a bit on the nose 

I don't have a problem with the soundtrack EXCEPT that everyone listens to time appropriate music. The only people who actually do that are teenagers, the rest of us listen to stuff from when we were teenagers with smatterings of older stuff and newer stuff. AND the film is set in 1995 0r 1996, Hole's Celebrity Skin, which is featured on the outro, actually came out in 1998, therefore this is the worst film ever

spacer.png

Looks like that the Scarlet Witch & Vison and the Falcon & Winter Soldier series are now official 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2019/4/11/18307030/marvel-studios-winter-soldier-falcon-scarlet-witch-vision-disney-plus-streaming-service

Guess the Hawkeye one can’t be that far off either. 

For me these shows are the only things that would (currently) get me to sign up to their service. But I do wonder about the drop in quality. Apparently the shows will have the same “attention and care” as the movies, but I find that hard to believe. Either these series will be very short or these series will be very quiet to avoid as many special effects as possible. 

I think this might mean the Hawkeye one could be the best of them all. Because it’s literally Hawkeye vs the Russian mob across a few blocks of New York which should mean the action is small but fits the character

I think you can infer from these stories that the Avengers will be downsized to the small screen, following Endgame. Which leaves room for the FF, Eternals and X-Men to (more than) fill the void of team films. The future of the GoTG is completely dependant on Endgame, to be fair.

Lol, no it isn’t. James Gunn got rehired to do Guardians 3 and Feige the other day said the X-Men aren’t included in the next 5 year plan of the MCU 

Facts and beliefs, OCH, lol 

I think Feige is on record as saying that X-Men isnt coming any time soon. Add to that the fact that they are making the next black Panther, a black widow film and there is at least one more Holland Spidey film in the works, a Dr Strange 2 is due to start relatively soon.

Id actually love them to do X-Men sooner rather than later but I dont think they will given that the last Fox film is out in a few months and they will want a decent amount of time to pass before they reboot it. Got to be honest, this move to TV series format does worry me a little bit.

@Sambob me too.

Also, I'd rather then hang fire on introducing X-Men, I don't want them to do a DCCU (or whatever DC call it) and rush it and fuck it up. I assume it'll be FF first out the block. They deserve a decent film, hope they don't get relegated to TV show.

I know about the delay in future X-Men, that's why I mentioned them last. However, The Eternals has got a fair bit of buzz and casting news already and no one has really mentioned if the FF are on the same hiatus as the X-Men. 

It is weird when you look back at the history of the FF. All their cartoons have been cancelled and all four films have run the gamut from 'meh' to abysmal. Hopefully, fifth time is the charm?

As for GoTG, let's rephrase what I said so Maf can follow this time. The remaining Avengers are being shifted to TV/Streaming, the cast of GoTG as it stands, much like The Avengers, depends on what happens to who in Endgame. So far Adam Warlock is confirmed. Gamora? Starlord? Mantis? Drax? Tell me "The Facts" on those that I am missing, Maf??

Your missing the fact that James Gun was rehired to do Guardians 3 and that the whole existing cast of those characters fought for him to do so and when he comes back and makes the movie it will be with them.

After that, who knows. But for now there is no way Endgame stops those Guardians everyone knows being the Guardians in the 3rd movie  

Technically it came out that JG was actually never fired in the first place, which makes his deal with DC even more weird because he would have known full well that he was unlikely to be able to honor that. On top of that all the uproar by the cast etc seems super fucked up in light of the fact that HE KNEW he wasnt fired. 

Unless this is some sort of Arty thing ive missed then I think OCH must be the only person in the world that believes there is even a slight chance that the results of the snap are going to be permanent.

The director is irrelevant Maf, we're talking about the cast. Who comes back depends on the Macguffin that is in-play in Endgame. Gamora wasn't dusted, after all. If Batista has quietly apologised for what he said of Disney for firing Gunn, expect Drax to be gone for good or recast. There are plenty of other GoTG cast members, such as Nova, they could push to fill any missing spots. You can't predict how behind the scenes stuff will affect casting decisions.

1 minute ago, Sambob said:

Unless this is some sort of Arty thing ive missed then I think OCH must be the only person in the world that believes there is even a slight chance that the results of the snap are going to be permanent.

Of course not, that's ridiculous. I've read the source material many times after all. I'm talking about what happens in Endgame, not what happened in Infinity War.

Fair, but you cant seriously be suggesting that characters like the Guardians main cast "Gamora? Starlord? Mantis? Drax?" wont magically come back? Disney wont sacrifice the future of a major movie franchise (GotG1 - $773 M, GotG2 - $863 M box office) in order to add some lasting consequence to a superhero movie.

They haven't had the comic book revolving door of death in these films. Gamora was murdered by Thanos, the others dusted by the Gauntlet. Columbiana is as much a rising name actor as Starlord. They might use this as an opportunity to move on to other things, as Evans and RDJR are similarly doing. We'll have to wait and see.

The underlying message of GoTG is, they can scrap the barrel and make a hit. There are plenty more characters down there to mine... With lower profile and cheaper actors.

If Winter Soldier and Falcon are getting a TV show I suppose that massively reduces the chance of either of them becoming Captain America 

I don’t want to love in a MCU with no Cap America he is the best Avenger ?

9 minutes ago, Maf said:

If Winter Soldier and Falcon are getting a TV show I suppose that massively reduces the chance of either of them becoming Captain America 

I don’t want to love in a MCU with no Cap America he is the best Avenger ?

There is always a chance of this guy:

29156b4adc0443a3910529bf0b247e1d.jpg

US Agent