passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

It was quite funny how this film captured the exact Sci-fi vibe that, for the most part, Green Lantern should have had, and completely missed the mark. Personally I thought the suit colouring bit was dumb and a bit forced. How would that kid have had any idea what she was doing?

Also the kid herself was a bit of an on the nose reference. Given how many times her name was highlighted. It was like "LOOK EVERYONE WHO READS COMICS IT'S..."

Spoiler

MONICA RAMBEAU! ISN'T THAT A COOL REFERENCE?!? AREN'T WE CLEVER?? ... No, you're not. You pandering tossers. ?

image.webp

@Hendo Noted. Thank's for letting me know!

Official Avengers: Endgame poster is out. I love it. The marketing for Endgame has been fantastic so far, they're really not giving anything away. 

Sure, we know characters are coming back and getting sequels etc, but your average cinema goer who isn't interested in the behind the scenes stuff doesn't have a clue, so this is great. 

image.png

Brie Larson looks amazing in that poster. Not sure if the current buzz or she’s just hot or even she has the most colourful costume but she looks great

Lol but why is Thor the only one looking the other way? They’re like “I see incoming trouble” and Thor is like “Look at those hotdogs”

The trailer isn’t bad but it still doesn’t really show anything. I understand it’s a big secret and stuff but you got to show something exciting. What is the deal around them costumes? You know, apart from selling new toys 

It's a good trailer, enough new stuff but still no idea how it'll all pan out. I assume there is a fairly significant time jump at the start judging by the things they say about moving on. New suits are cool and very quantum.

Apparently Marvel has hired a guy to do a Asian led movie, people suspecting Shang-chi.

I don’t know anything about this character except he trained both Spider-Man and Domino how to do martial arts and he’s called the Master of Kung-Fu

I’m not a martial arts film fanatic by any means but I do love the action in those movies. Put it in a superhero story? I’m down for that 

I never thought too much about it in the comics but I think in the movies the Cap Marvel costume might be the best

D1mpve_XcAAaX6s?format=jpg&name=900x900

Toe to toe with the original Iron Man armour and Cap America’s costume in Age of Ultron 

Why do characters have to go away or die in Endgame can’t we just have everyone in another big movie? ?

All I know of Shang-Chi was he was big in the 70's (naturally) a book with 'Bruce Lee meets Fu Manchu' vibes. When that fad died out, he came back (of course) in a 3-4 part x-men book* in the 90's. I believe he was folded into the Avengers in the past 10 years or so, as with virtually everyone else.

clean.jpg*

Apparently rumours are pointing to Black Knight making his debut in Endgame. While I do think this the wrong film to be introducing new characters, it does amuse me to think it has taken this many films for one of the z-list "real" Avengers to potentially make an onscreen debut...

s-l1000.jpg

He's back!

https://deadline.com/2019/03/james-gunn-reinstated-guardians-of-the-galaxy-3-disney-suicide-squad-2-indefensible-social-media-messages-1202576444/

EXCLUSIVE: Redemption and second chances have long been superhero movie staples, and today it looks like life has imitated art. I’ve learned that Disney has reinstated James Gunn as the writer-director of Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and I’ve confirmed it with Marvel and Gunn’s camp.

We posted the exact same article at the exact same time... ?

I had a theory a while ago that they fired him to look strong to the shareholders during the Fox acquisition. Now that everything is locked in place with a March 20th date confirmed for the merger (i.e. not possible to block anymore) I find it funny that Disney announce his return. 

This also explains why Disney have been 'unable to find a new director' for the movie. Can't say I'm not glad to see him back, I just hope it's better than Vol. 2. 

Vol.2 had some nice moments, and I’ll agree about the heart. The way it handle family was wonderful, but the jokes were too forced and relied too heavily on the first movie.

Lots of “hey guys, remember this from the first movie??” moments that fell flat to me, and lots of the new jokes were ran into the ground.