passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

If the Avengers die off properly, they might just move forward with new teams and characters. Replace the GoTG with the FF, Avengers with X-Men etc and then years from now you might get a New Captain America, Iron-Man et al

I should think, via Star Wars, Disney will have learned the danger of oversaturation by now.

Dude, they won’t replace Avengers with X-Men. The Avengers name prints money for them. Infinity War made over two billion dollars. And not even by fluke. People love that movie, I expect the second one to be even a bit bigger. 

They’ll just do both Avengers and X-Men at the same time. And have double up on 2 billion dollar names if they do X-Men well enough.

I think, if the train manages to keep rolling, the next Infinity War style comic film event will be Avengers vs X-Men. And it won’t be like the comic they’ll just use the name but that will be the thing as they build the X-Men universe alongside keeping the Avengers universe going. 

Contracts have run out and some, in particular Chris Evans, are walking away. This is where pragmatism comes in. Just as Michael Keaton wasn't going to be Batman forever (no pun intended) and Tobey Macguire isn't still Spider-Man, this is the way long running movie series work. They won't keep rehashing the same old films, as I said they are learning that lesson with Star Wars and the backlash that causes. Besides, Black Panther won an Oscar and Captain Marvel has "smashed the box office", as you said. It is more likely they will keep forging ahead with new characters as long as they prove financially viable. Let's be honest, there is a reason they never dipped their toe too deep into the Avengers roster onscreen...

Watched Captain Marvel yesterday. I enjoyed it, like people have said but no less true, it wasn't the best Marvel film but it was a pretty good one. Presonally I thought Brie Larson was great, I think she did what she could do with that character, I don't know what more people want. Hot as hell too.

I liked the mid credits teaser, I'm hyeeeeeeeep for Endgame.

'What if?' needs context though. The entire Turn Left premise necessitates the audience already being familiar with what was established on the Right Path...

Well it’s animated so primarily aimed at kids, which at this point Marvel movies have been around longer than 10 year olds, so, think it goes hand in hand that people watching it either grew up with or very deeply invested in it and both those groups will know the movies inside and out

Frankly if it’s not canon I don’t care. I’ve never cared about the What If’s or the Elseworld stuff

2 hours ago, Maf said:

Well it’s animated so primarily aimed at kids, which at this point Marvel movies have been around longer than 10 year olds, so, think it goes hand in hand that people watching it either grew up with or very deeply invested in it and both those groups will know the movies inside and out

Frankly if it’s not canon I don’t care. I’ve never cared about the What If’s or the Elseworld stuff

But what will it be based on? The Movies. If so there isn't that much to explore alternatively. The newest cartoons? Would require prior knowledge they can't assume every kid has. It definitely wouldn't be based on the comics of the same name, as some of them got far too weird for kids.

what-if-wolv74e464a70.JPG

33613-4249-37531-1-what-if-.jpg 35383-4249-39514-1-what-if-.jpg

620839.jpg  wi3.jpg

95078701518.88.jpg whatif1977series14.jpg

Thought Captain Marvel was excellent, way better than Ant-Man 2 and Black Panther that’s for sure.

Spoiler

I loved that the plot completely turned on its head and who you thought the bad guys were ended up being the good guys, and the good guys the bad guys.

I just thought it was such a nice switch from the usual comic book fayre and not something I’ve seen a lot, really refreshing. I imagine if you’d read the comics you’d of known the Kree were bad but as someone who has no knowledge of the comics at all it was a really nice surprise.

Setting it in the 90s gave the film so much character too, it just added a Terminator-like authenticity and weight to it that grounded the film somewhat. The car chase scenes and others throughout the LA metro were magnificent and a nice throwback to the 90s buddy cop films, the music was mostly from the period as well which was awesome - I particularly loved the bit of Nirvana.

It just has the Marvel special sauce to it. I love an origin story and this was just so well done, it feels as if you’re seeing Danvers’ memories at the same time she is discovering them and it gives the viewer and Danvers a magical thought equilibrium where you’re both coming to the same revelations at the same time. 

The scene one where she gets the properly coloured suit gave me full on goosebumps. The post-credits scene was possibly the most hyped I’ve ever been by one, it was just phenomenal how this film explains Danvers’ absence perfectly, the pager perfectly (which adds into the IW post credits scene where you see Fury’s pager with the CM logo) and then she’s just there with the remaining Avengers like ‘Where’s Fury?’ I was like HOLY FUCK ENDGAME LET’S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

It was way more Sci-Fi than I was expecting too, the Skrull actually reminded me of Star Trek quite a bit as did a lot of the space scenes. 

The cat was really cool too and added some much needed brevity to scenes, I have no idea why or how she was a man-eating alien octopus thing though? ?

It did lose a bit in the 3rd act but that all comes full circle once she goes Super Saiyan on everyone’s arses.

It’s hard to think where it ranks amongst the overall MCU pantheon but I’d probably put it in my top 10 or just outside. 

Thought Larson, Menselsolm and Jackson were incredible throughout.