passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Bit gutted with that news to be honest but when you’re a public figure it’s just not cool to be making those kind of jokes in the public eye in the past or present.

At least GotG3 may be a little better now at least, GOTG2 was probably my worst Marvel movie.

6 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Bit gutted with that news to be honest but when you’re a public figure it’s just not cool to be making those kind of jokes in the public eye in the past or present.

At least GotG3 may be a little better now at least, GOTG2 was probably my worst  Marvel movie.

Nonsense.  This bad faith mobbing is not something we should be tolerating.  We had it just last week with ArenaNet.

A few people I like were outed as arseholes in the MeToo movement and now I think fuck those guys.  This isn't the same.  I firmly believe this was orchestrated because of how much he criticises Trump a lot publicly.

48 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Nonsense.  This bad faith mobbing is not something we should be tolerating.  We had it just last week with ArenaNet.

A few people I like were outed as arseholes in the MeToo movement and now I think fuck those guys.  This isn't the same.  I firmly believe this was orchestrated because of how much he criticises Trump a lot publicly.

Well yeah I agree on that, does seem like GG's MO, they did similar with Allison Rapp at Nintendo.

Still doesn't make Gunn's past comments go down any smoother but I agree that Disney maybe shouldn't of capitulated to the baying mob so easily.

You're telling me that Disney, one of the largest companies in the world haven't been through everyone of their employees social media accounts with a fine tooth comb? I find it hard to believe they didn't know about all of these, or that they couldn't make it go away?

Either way, we now live in a world where everything you put online is captured and you can be held account for it, regardless of who it is that dug it up.

Still, it's a shitty way to leave. 

10 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

You're telling me that Disney, one of the largest companies in the world haven't been through everyone of their employees social media accounts with a fine tooth comb? I find it hard to believe they didn't know about all of these, or that they couldn't make it go away?

Either way, we now live in a world where everything you put online is captured and you can be held account for it, regardless of who it is that dug it up.

Still, it's a shitty way to leave. 

All of this. We've all said things we regret in life but when its recorded and presented years and years later. Man, that's fucked up. We should be getting more mature as we get older and can change our naive views. Some things can never be unsaid too. I guess it depends how bad his comments were. Social media still has a lot to answer for in its own infancy...

• 1 month later...

I’ve only just got round to watching infinity wars, great film and did a good job with so many characters, I am a little out the loop need to watch thor 3? And Guardians 2 as missed those 2 and feel I need to watch those, looking forward to the next film.

1 hour ago, Manicm said:

I’ve only just got round to watching infinity wars, great film and did a good job with so many characters, I am a little out the loop need to watch thor 3? And Guardians 2 as missed those 2 and feel I need to watch those, looking forward to the next film.

Watch them all they’re brilliant ?

You all sound hungry for more MCU

Loki and Scarlet Witch to get their own TV shows on Disney's upcoming streaming service

News breaks tonight that Marvel is planning on giving solo TV series to Loki and the Scarlet Witchand other Marvel superheroes on the upcoming Disney streaming service. More importantly, actors Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen are expected to reprise their role as the God of Mischief and Wanda Maximoff, respectively. The bigger quake in all this news is the presence of Kevin Feige, the President and primary producer of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I think Loki got a solid arc in the Thor and Avengers films so I can't say I'm stoked for that.  I don't think I want more.  But I'm up for more Wanda as she was sorely underused in the films but I hope they are willing to get freaky enough with her.  You could do some cool stuff with mind bending and glowy, red hands.