passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I was pretty sure we had a thread for the Marvel films but I can’t find it. Anyway I think we probably should as there are a fuck load of them. 

In on the run up to Infinity War, I’m attempting to re-watch the current MCU films, but in time line (ish) order starting with Captain America: The First Avenger. 

I’m not sure I’ve seen the first Captain America since it came out, I remembered it being a bit shit to be honest, but it’s actually pretty good. The art design is particularly good and the action holds up well. It introduces a lot of elements that run through the rest of the MCU films. 

The link below explains the custom order that I’m following.

Managed to squeeze in Iron Man as well this afternoon (I love working from home). 

it is still a good film, but coming to it after Captain America, where they seemed to have hit their stride with making the MCU films (and they had a long term plan for the future of the films), Iron Man feels quite small and inward facing. This kind of makes sense as it is the first film Marvel made themselves and probably didn’t want to commit to creating the wider universe of films at this point. It still has Agent Coulsen and Nick Fury in a cameo so there are some wider elements there. Anyway, it is a good stand alone film. What I’d forgotten is how good the story arc of the characters and plotting is. A lot of stuff happens in this film, but it comes in at just over two hours. It doesn’t both with lots of tedious backstory but filters it all through the story in the film (if that makes sense). It still looks good as well, the digital effects hold up well and are used quite sparingly. Action is well choreographed and constructed but not particularly amazing. Good film though. 

26 minutes ago, Nag said:

Wasn't the Avengers Initiative line at the end of the film dropped as an Easter egg of sorts?... If the film would've bombed hard obviously the whole thing would've gone nowhere.

Yeah it is, but at that point I think it was more of a nerd reference than a blueprint for a billion dollar franchise. 

4 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

I suggested it donkeys ago but you were all like no fuck off lakitu they’re films for the film thread and I was like no daddy no! And then Spider-Man put his cock in my mouth. 

Oh yeah I’d forgotten about you sucking Spider Man off. 

It it was a good suggestion. 

Still ploughing on with this. Watched Incredible Hulk, Thor and half of the Avengers over the last two days (and Spider-Man Homecoming, but I’m not counting that as I’ll have to watch it again after Civil War) 

I couldn’t really remember much about Incredible Hulk and that pretty much sums it up. Quite forgettable, starts ok but turns into a CGI punch em up by the final third. It’s redeeming feature was its sub two hour running time. 

Thor is possibly a better film now for the characters being more established in later films. I think it hangs together better once you’ve seen them more.  It’s quite good but a bit humourless and pofaced in places. Does the fish out of water stuff quite well when Thor is back on earth without his powers. 

Avengers is still really good. It seems to set out the template for the future films, and when you watch them in quick succession it’s quite impressive how they all link together. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve stalled on my rewatch of these. Got as far as Guardians 1, which prettt much covers most of the infinity stone stuff ahead of the next Avengers. I might got imax for this as well maybe. Never done a Marvel at the imax. 

Not sure how much it fits into the MCU, but I watched Deadpool for the first time the other night.

After all the hype about it, I was expecting to be a little disappointed (I had a few friends exasperated with me that I hadn’t watched it) but, nope, it’s fucking ace.

Some fantastic scenes and lines. Loved it.

56 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

? you excited too @Sambob

I'm going to see it Saturday ? trying to avoid any info.

Well ive already seen it once and am seeing it again after my little girl's swimming lesson so spoil away as far as im concerned but its just one of those films where even reactions can give a slight hint as to what happens.