passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

DisturbedSwan

Blops 2’s SP Campaign was pretty bad for me but the MP was fantastic.

Blops 3 was fantastic in all areas - MP, Zombies and Campaign - so I’ve every faith in Treyarch that they’ll knock this out the park. Really hope they keep the 4-player co-op Campaign.

I’ve only ever prestiged in 2 CoD’s - Blops 3 and AW.

• 1 month later...

I’m shocked and appalled I have to say, I adore CoD campaigns, they are still the primary reason I buy them year after year. I like the MP and have grown to love Zombies too but you can’t have veggies with no meat :(

Have to hope these rumours are either not true or that the campaign is the same 4P online co-op type (that can be played alone) that Blops 3 had. Time will tell.

I've been thinking about this. The MW2 remake doesn't have MP. Are they selling all as one package? Or are they going to ask fans to double down and buy both? Could be either, but I'm guessing the latter because $$$.

Also there's something quite not right with this. How long have the studio had to make this game? Usually it's a 2 or 3 years cycle now for CoD's, isn't it? It seems a bit odd to be jumping on the Battle Royale bus. It's possible they could have had the idea first but I doubt that.

The whole situation with CoD confuses me. Are they just phoning it in this year because of RDR2 and now having to spin it because that got delayed. I just cannot read what's going on here.

33 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

Also there's something quite not right with this. How long have the studio had to make this game? Usually it's a 2 or 3 years cycle now for CoD's, isn't it? It seems a bit odd to be jumping on the Battle Royale bus. It's possible they could have had the idea first but I doubt that.

I agree. It sounds to me like the SP got scrapped halfway through development and they started over but then realised it would come out shite or really short so scrapped it - or it's gonna come as dlc/an expansion later down the line. 

3 years for CoD studios now yeah, no excuse for it but it sounds like Treyarch's idea for the campaign was too ambitious and it got scrapped, who knows. I'm still hoping it's all bollocks but the more sources that come out the more nailed on it looks. 

It's just doesn't add up.

You could look at it this way. No script to make. No levels to make. There's still artistic stuff going into the game, but scrapping the campaign cut a huge swathe of expense off the budget.

Also thank you for deleting my screw up post, mod. You are a champ.

The latest rumour I've heard (which was on last week's Giant Beastcast) is that they're still working on a single player campaign, but it might not be in there on release day. It'll be added later on.

Probably as part of a digital deluxe season pass (not just a regular season pass) knowing Activision. All in the name of 'giving the player more options' you understand, not for any money-making reasons.

• 3 weeks later...