passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microtransactions and Sighs

Jimboxy

8 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Activision had their best ever revenue year last year, EA’s stock rose significantly thanks to Apex.

And both made massive layoffs. Scientology makes millions. I guess I should join ?

13 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Maybe aliens really did create the Earth? Who fucking knows.

Maybe they did and that would be worth an investigation and discussion. But you ended that with who knows. We know loot boxes are a thing and they only exist to milk more money. 

This is is getting silly. Can a mod separate this into a thread. I think there is one iirc ? but not 100% sure. 

Edit: maybe This ?

Indeed. That was just at the point where I was starting to think how best to split it out.

In a slightly related note, should anyone report someone’s post, we’re taking the stand that we will do exactly nothing about it if it’s reported anonymously. Unless it’s a clearly obvious spam or ban worthy shitfest.

2 hours ago, Blakey said:

Battlefront 2 still sold shit loads, it didn’t really affect things much. 

I do think political protests and petitions have merit because they’re usually about things that matter. I don’t think whether a game has MTX or not really matters in the whole shitshow of capitalist western politics right now. I’m much more worried about food shortages after March rather than whether x game has loot boxes.

this is such a bad post, so much so I'm wondering if you're playing a character? ?  If you are please don't, you're better than that

on the off chance you're not. Battlefront 2, as already stated, had its loot boxes pulled, this was big news, I know you know about it. It had such an affect you saw other companies either pulling back from loot boxes or specifically stating they weren't going to have any. It's probably the best example you could get about people complaining about something in modern gaming and a change happening, we've even had governments looking in to loot boxes because of it.

As for you latter point, you're arguing on a games forum about MTX and loot boxes, you're not exactly concentrating on putting the world to rights. Or, like the rest of us, do you actually focus on smaller things that affect you or you're invested in. After all, if we have to solve the biggest issues first before we can get to the smaller stuff society will never progress

3 hours ago, Blakey said:

Loot Boxes are great when free. I love getting them when I level up in Apex, Overwatch etc. So they don’t live to only milk more money.

This is where you're wrong. You equip those things, a person that see's them go "Oh, I'd like that" and then either gets lucky by dropping said item in the "free" ones or they pony up and get the desirable items that way. Unless the items are unavailable to buy direct and then they have to buy enough lootboxes so they can trade in coins from dupes if the game allows that.

Just because they're not milking money from you doesn't mean you aren't being used to sell them.

MTX for the majority of games are dirty as fuck. There's no reason these ones exist other than praying on the gullible.

I can't directly influence what other folks do. If I open a crate, get cool shit and equip it how can I dictate whether some twonk spends £100 to try to get the same skin as me or not? I can't. 

It's a fucking needless, nonsensical argument. Would you walk down the street wearing Good Will clothes just so other cunts wouldn't be tempted to spend £100s on Armani? No.

Wear what you want, do what you want. Take pills, do drugs, make fun of shitty clubs, live a little.

If it was a nonsensical argument then people wouldn't bring it up all the time. It's proven that the MTX goes right to the shareholders. You think EA have been knocking out absolute bangers for the last half decade or just that they're rinsing the MTX for all their worth and then paying out to the shareholders?

That's a really shitty attitude to take as well, maybe some people can only afford good will clothes? You speak like a person that's never wanted in life. If you pay for a game you should have the game. Everything about that product should be designed about the player having fun, not fucking them about by trying to convince them to spill more money on shit that should be just part of the game.

We are free to do what we want, and that's berating these greedy fuckers that have the customers partaking in the industry convinced that they needs more bites of the pie than they're entitled to.

If you're going to convince anyone that MTX and lootboxes are good you're going to have to put some good fucking arguments forward otherwise people are going to rip your flimsy shit to pieces.

I wasn't saying the entire anti-mtx/lb argument is nonsensical, quite the opposite. I was merely saying assuming everyone that sees someone else wearing a rare cosmetic will spend money on LBs is nonsensical. I'm sure it happens a very small amount of the time, sure, but it is incredibly rare I'd imagine. 

EA have been knocking out absolute bangers - in their sports titles for the last half decade and longer, it's just you're too blinded by your disdain for said companies that you can't bring yourself to realise that. Madden and FIFA alone are two of the most successful, bankable, guaranteed successes you'll ever see in the industry and will be for the considerable future. They're cultural institutions at this point and ingrained in the sports they represent.

Oh come on. It was just an analogy, I wasn't actually demeaning people that can only afford good will clothes jeez. Well, little do you know. I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment but I think it's a bit naive in this day and age.

I'm not trying to convince anyone MTX and lootboxes are good. I'm only saying the latter are fun to open - when they're free - in my opinion. They're inoffensive to me overall, and I've got more to worry about to be frank.