passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Ball FighterZ

HandsomeDead

Ummm.  They just have a good set of assist combos and I don't think you have much match-up experience against Hit.  He was pretty common in year one amongst higher level players and his counter attacks can be a bit weird but I guess UI Goku has some of that stuff.  Basically, don't super dash too much against him and bait that counter stance.

But I think the only issue here is they have consistent combos and you don't.  Their approach was anything that unconventional.  I mean they ran at you and did an auto-combo.  Their neutral was a bit "whatever" tbh and I think you both got hits a similar amount but they had the damage.

So I guess in this case you just lost to someone who knew how to do more damage but their assist combos were very auto-combo based so I don't even think there was anything hard to do; they have a well synchronised team and hit that light button a lot.

As for how I'd fight it?  Use a lot of baiting and zoning.  Remember Gohan has that invincible uppercut and pull it out when they're over me and hitting buttons.  Other than that, I'd do my usual bullshit.

@HandsomeDead look at this. I ended up winning these games but the guy beat me with the same combo 3 times in a row. It’s my brain, y’see, it struggles with the thoughts and the speed and the getting stuck

But there are slight improvements there and this guy has been my highest ranked fight yet. I Crossed 200,000bp ?

Managed to grind to 300,000bp in ranked. Yikes. That was humbling. I’m either beating up people who are absolutely terrible at this game and you wonder if they know what the buttons do or I’m being smashed by, not good players, just people who have a mild degree of competency.

There are still things in this game I just don’t get. I don’t know why my assists won’t ever come out. I don’t why sometimes my L3 super’s connect off knockdown and sometimes not. I still just don’t know what to do when they’ve dropped their combo and I’m falling through the air. I’m still dropping quarter circles (I don’t know why they’re so hard to do!). I never know when to dragon rush.

This is why I spent so long in training not just to get basic combos down but also just to understand how mechanics work and it’s just not clicking. I don’t know how to get stuff to work.

I also can’t keep my head on. I panic so much you would think I was in a real fight. I’m just hitting buttons barely know what I’m doing. Every time I play this game online I walk away mentally exhausted. 

What I need to do is finish all the tutorials and watch some YT beginner tutorials to understand things better. I can’t think of them now but there are so many things when in the fights I find myself being so confused.

But I’m too lazy I just want to get in there and win. Which I was doing but not after today. I scraped over 300,000bp but my poor W/L record :( I’m sorry, bro. They’re just too good. 

4 games, 3 wins and over 350,000bp

How can a game make you hot, cold, sweaty and shaky all at the same time.

There was one match where it was literally my Gogeta vs another Gogeta and we both had one hit left, we came face to face and I just managed to hit punch before he did. That was far too close for players that are so terrible at the game. 

Managed to get to 411,000+ BP. The DBFZ scene in the U.K./EU must be really bad because I was in main lobby 1 and there were 62/64 people and I kept fighting the same 5 guys over and over. There was one guy who constantly beat the crap out of me but there was this other guy who refused to block low so it evened out.

Straight up you just run up on this man and 2M and it catches him every time lol. This is why getting points were so easy.

There was one round where I thought I did a really awesome UI Goku combo but when I watched it back it was very basic and boring. A step up for me, though. 

My new pet hate is DBS Broly and his stupid green laser grab move which just catches and stops me no matter what I’m doing. Also his ground combo is very hard to block. I almost got it but it’s really tough. 

Also I had so many people rage quit on me today. I thought people got suspended for a week for that but I kept getting rematched against the same guy and he kept rage quitting

I think DBFZ is one of the games that not many play ranked.

And I find both Brolys to be a problem.  Their buttons just seem to take up the screen.

As for the rage quitter, the new punishment system is just new so I dunno how it works.  But since it seems to update a lot of the stuff when you log in I'd guess it happens the next time they do.

Did quite well on this today. Went from 411,000bp to 460,000bp. Only another 70,000 to go and that trophy is mine!

Managed to win the good majority of my matches today and even the 2 or 3 I lost I still managed to take a round off them which was cool.

Definitely getting to better players now because Gogeta’s overhead doesn’t work anymore. I’ve literally played people that are experienced to the point where they saw me start the auto combo and were clearly waiting for it and bam. 2H. That is scary. It’s one of his best tools. 

Started off bad as well because I think I had 2 or 3 rage quitters right off the bat. I don’t understand. If you’re that precious about your rank and W/L ratio then don’t play ranked. In fact casual online is now better because it doesn’t have a limit on rounds to fight someone. 

All in all, though, a good day on FighterZ. I think my biggest improvement is being able to stay cool and not get mad when I lose. Even today when literally had two separate rounds come down to the final hit and I just couldn’t land it. Managed to cap my rage at about 25%. 

Grr...FighterZ is really fucking good this is a great video game. Especially for casuals like me. 

Yay I did it

EjfIdIoXcAUHdRL?format=jpg&name=4096x409

As the screenshot tries to hide but can’t yes I won again with Gogeta. Cheap piece of shit. 

I still use Gogeta because he is insanely easy to use but also he makes damage out of nothing. Fair enough in this clip below he is limit break + sparking but this is almost a TOD in literally 2 moves lol

The damage, dude! That is fucking cheap! 

I will say I did play a lot better today. My combos haven‘t got any better but my ability to adapt has. In one game I noticed that the guy always started using assists first and he got me on 2 round starts but every round we played after I blocked and punished him for it. I did make a video because I thought it was a really good fight. On second watch it is actually a pretty dull one but what is happening in the fight I really impressed myself with. Especially as I’m certain I’ve lost to this guy before and today I beat him 2-1. 

I guess now I go to casual to save my win loss ratio from any further hurt. It currently stands at 142 matches 95 wins so that’s a 66% win rate. Considering I suck at this shit that’s not too bad! 

According to my time I’ve played this game for 37 hours as well. Yikes when did that happen. 

Oh, it’s so fucking good. But I think I need a team change now. Still going to have UI Goku as he is my favourite character. I really want to play Jiren. Who else I don’t know. Base Goku looks pretty cool because he can spirit bomb people which is fun but I tried him a little in training and he seemed very difficult. 

Anyway. FighterZ is awesome. 

I got two wins from @Maf. I can quit now. We had about 10 games, admittedly, and some of them he beat me mercilessly (usually when I thought I'd figured out his playstyle), but still a couple of wins on my first real go!

I need a good third character. Gotenks is great for my way of playing, and Vegito is good fun, but I haven't explored enough to nail someone else down.

I'm button mashing a lot right now. Keep forgetting essential controls too. Dragon Rush is something I didn't use once. And I'm not quite consistent with special moves, although I do like how everyone's moves seem to be the same commands to perform. 

You've pushed my competitive buttons though, maf. Imma learn how to chain stuff a bit better. I was really impressed at the way you literally took down Vegito with one long ass combo and all three characters.