passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon Ball FighterZ

HandsomeDead

@DifferentClass there's definitely differences between the characters. Some are quite similar bar a few special moves, but others, like Krillen, feel limited in a way that means you can't just mash, you have to learn what they can and can't do. The difference between Goku and Vegeta is maybe more subtle, but even Gohan has walls where you have to learn how to use them properly 

• 1 month later...

So I have been playing this some more.  I've been trying to get my combos down that include assist moves but I still don't have the timing down.

Anyway.  This is what I have to put up with in ranked matches now:

This isn't even the full game.  They recently changed games to be first to three wins (so potentially five sets) so I couldn't get them all in one video due to the fifteen minute limit on PS4's share function.

But these were all super close fights and I think will be a good watch.  I'm Teen Gohan, Goku Black and Freiza.  My mains, for what it's worth.

These were games I legitimately enjoyed

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

They've changed something horrible.  When you match with someone it's infinite rematches... 

It's gonna be chaos. 

I legitimately hate this.  Its a fighting game: one of the top current fighting games.  Ranked matches need structure and defined rules. 

I'm so upset. 

Shut up.  Don't judge me.  I just care about the art of competition. 

It should cut down on wait times for games though, unless a person leaves?

I don't really think people should be playing the same person over and over, not in ranked anything. Not even if the wins are being traded. Unfortunately sometimes there's not people shit enough to match with me so stuff like that ends up happening.

Killer Instinct has a thing where those under a certain rank are one and done but those higher do first to two. 

That's the best way to do it.  At higher play you can't truly figure out the winner after one set. 

Sometimes it takes a whole set to figure someone out.  Having short or non-defined rules cuts out a lot of the meta game. 

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been working on my new team that consists of two new characters.  I have kept Teen Gohan since he is my boi and have decided to keep using Android 21 and Cooler.  They work together pretty well in theory, despite me not using them as well as I know they can be used.  All the stuff I've figured out in training mode may take a little while longer to come out in an actual match where muscle memory is the ruler.

I've also been trying to extend my combos more.  Everyone that plays now does the fancy long ones.  I know how they're done but got to complacent and never learnt them and stuck with the only slightly less damaging combos but I tried to be a bit more creative in neutral to make up for it.  But if I have good neutral and combos then I could rule the world, so I'm trying that... attempting that... or having it in my head and my fingers not doing it...

Anyway.  Here's me these days for those that want to see:

Spoiler

Of course I cherry picked the ones I won.

• 1 month later...

So my PS+ runs out tomorrow so I had a last hurrah on DBFZ.

TBH, the newbs were out tonight.  Got a message from someone I beat a few times telling me they just started yesterday.  To be honest they played pretty well for someone so new so I sent back a message of encouragement.  In fact I tried to save the match but I do find the Share function on PlayStation to only work when it wants to when it comes to multiple saves, so I don't have it.  I only have this:

So lucky for you, DBFZ community.  I'm out of the fold... for now:ph34r:

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So I went back to this tonight.  I got me a three month PSN+. Uh, what a disappointment. 

I'm complaining about players again. 

I didn't bother going back to training mode because I've been away ages and I just want to get back into fighting people again.  I'm rusty as fuck and don't have the muscle memory for the crowd pleasing combos, but I could still do the bread and butter basics.  And some defensive play kinda stuck with me. 

The first person I played beat my arse.  I won the first game but lost the proceeding five.  That's fine.  I knew I'd lose loads but they were fun to fight and I just wanted to shake off rust. 

But everyone after that rage quit on me when I started winning... like four in a row.  And it was just casuals so nothing was up to lose. 

So disappointing. 

I'll go back to SFV next time to see if they're babies there or not. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've gone back to this lately and now it doesn't feel like the game I got into. 

For my characters at least everything seems harder to do.  The windows have become narrower for combos so when I find an opportunity to counter I can't do the damage I used to; at least with my current muscle memory. 

Everything seems so much tighter. 

This may be a total, dumb conspiracy but I wonder if they kept it for idiots early to bring on the cheap seats but changed it later to make it more pro friendly later. 

I dunno, but as a mid-level fighting game player the changes have been horrible for me. 

I can't do the stuff I did before, so I have to play like what I felt was below me.  And that isn't satisfying.