passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Hendo

On 31/01/2018 at 7:54 AM, Hendo said:

Nearly caved and turned on assist mode when I was stuck on this bit - no spoilers:

CBB8E26B-193E-43AD-9269-1C08D070186C.png

This is where I’m at, spent about 5 minutes of dying here and turned it off cos I’m getting pissed off. I don’t wanna look it up though. 

Just beat Chapter 5.

I wasn’t happy at first with the level theme, I hate platforming in the dark and to top it off it’s fucking sprawling. I initially thought this is the worst combo they could use but once you get in to it it’s not too bad. There are a lot of Strawberry rooms and I wasted a few lives on a couple of these as I couldn’t see the strawberry and thought I was progressing. That aside I didn’t have too much beef.

I've seen the credits - 1146 deaths. 

I was having such problems with the directional inputs of the left stick, it's mired my enjoyment of the game . I died sooooo many times due to jumping in the wrong direction, espicially in the finale and I was getting so fucking frustrated.

The game itself is great with a surprisingly deep story and a really good soundtrack. The platforming is so addictive, sometimes I wanted to fuck off the story just so I could get back to playing. Just that damn fucking stick.

I'll be going back though, i have strawberries to get, i only picked up 29.

6 hours ago, spatular said:

^ is that with the pro pad illdog?

No mate, just the regular ass Switch stick.

There is that Assist mode in the game @spatular, it’s there to alleviate annoyances. I didn’t use it and even without it I didn’t get stuck anywhere for too long.

• 10 months later...

Yeah, I did at times. Fortunately it has the Meatboy factor with generous checkpoints and quick respawns to help alleviate frustration for the most part.

I used the Switch “pad” buttons on the left joycon for my control. Was good, but sometimes I got a horizontal dash rather than the intended diagonal, which was a tad annoying.

Finished the main story which I thought was excellent. Platforming at it’s purest.

Did anyone manage to finish

Spoiler

The Core?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy.

Glad to get this on games with gold.

I popped it on for a little bit.

About 2 hours later. My eyes hurt from the lack of blinking.

I can feel the game swiftly getting more difficult but it feels possible.

Those strawberries... I see them over in that awkward corner of the screen... Calling out to me as they gently wave about...

The soundtrack does it for me. And I'm enjoying the story so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Started this today. Completed the prologue and chapter one. The chapter end art was lovely. Seems good so far, the NPC interaction with the photographer from Seattle was nice. 

Keep up the impressions, it only gets better and I love seeing more people playing the game!