passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter World

DisturbedSwan

It's dispelling an aura off them. Makes them easier to damage, or at least lessening their elemental potency. 

Definitely staggered it and whatever it had on it disappeared and staggered em. Might try a standard element at some point see if I notice a difference. 

Two down. Just fire tits left...

Tempered Kirin done!!!

I just did it on my own, slowly chipping away at it (I did die twice).  I don't think I ever want to fight it again.

It does mean I now have my level cap removed so I can go past HR49.  Since I felt like I did loads while capped at 49 I thought I'd level up loads after I'd beat Kirin but no, I went to  HR56.  HR100 (my goal) is going to be a long, long road.  I don't know what a shorter goal good be.  I have a lot of the armour I want, I have pretty much all the Long Swords I want.  I could expand my Hammer collection a bit but I have three solid, fully upgraded ones I'll rarely move from.

Fuck me I'm not a fan of grinding for these horns. I need two off Nerg and Xino but despite it saying gems are rarer, I get plenty of those ? and I can craft them at the meld station ?

It's got me though. I keep thinking I'm done but I just want to try this and tweak that. Gimme them decorations ?

I got an item that lets you uncap how much you can upgrade your armour and weapons.

Expensive to do, tho

I suppose my route to HR100 will end up with me getting money so I guess I need something to spend it on.

And I'm so surprised to see people at HR190+.  I'm nearly HR60 and I'm at 160+ hours.  I'd need a herd of new monsters to do that much.  I think I'd like new monsters to get to HR100.

I've got two Bazelguese to fight next which I assume let's me rank up again. I'm feeling the same about grinding the same beasts. Not sure how much longer it'll hold my attention once I've attained my weapons and armour. I like the min-maxing end game but stuff like this doesn't hold me for long. Destiny did because of PvP and it's an FPS. 

Anyway you our highest ranker (ranker I said ?) then? 

Two Tempered Beatljuices are a problem.  Both of the missions that unlock caps are a problem (I had an easier time with Tempered Nergigante than Kirin).  To help with that I'd get the Bazelguese armour set (or at least three pieces) to get the skill bonus which stops you being insta-killed.  A hard hit leaves you with minimal health (I think once per life).  The armour also has inherent anti-blast skills so there isn't really a better set for the job when it just drops it's pods everywhere.

I have some of his armour set on, if not just for the Earplugs skill. Sick of falling out of the sky like bird shit when a monster roars ? I have the LV 3 Divine Blessing on. Procs more than the other. Saved my arse a number of times ?

I love how you call him beetlejuice as well. I thought it was just me and my brother's love of the film and not trying to pronounce his name?

Another one for Beetlejuice here. Managed to beat Nergicunte last night after about the fourth attempt - though the last attempt we did without anyone fainting so think we have it down now.

Think I now need to grind a bit for money and parts to focus on a new build as i'm pretty much maxed out on poison.

tumblr_oyriibtUJx1qmob6ro1_500.gif

Dunno why Nerg is an issue for peeps. Are you undergeared? I don't mind helping out if you need a hand. I farmed him loads for my stuff. I'll put my video up later I saved because I was happy I got the damn horn drop I needed off him ?

When I next get on I'll be doing the Dual Betelgeuse as the current tempered beasts are pussies.

It was just his dive bomb attack - we just got unlucky I think as he'd knock one of us down (third health gone) then dive bomb for an instant kill, even with max potions and defence buffs. Took us while to recognise the spike changes as well. Was a good fight though.

Nergigante can just catch you out if you're not careful, but it isn't too bad, really.  The key to rekking it is being on the ball with flash pods when it goes air born before it's big dunk it does while enraged.  The tempered version does it constantly and it was just shot down every time last time I fought it.  The other people were shit hot.

1 hour ago, ThreeFour said:

When I next get on I'll be doing the Dual Betelgeuse as the current tempered beasts are pussies.

I don't think they have much more HP than High Ranked versions, they just do more damage and get enraged easier.  Tempered Baz just likes to drop his pods everywhere.

Hmm good tip. Elderseal tho. All the Elder Dragons have big attacks you can keep at bay with that. Break Nergs spines off he will hardly ever do his dive. Besides - put your weapon away and superman dive. Has a larger evade window and I don't get touched or if I do it's marginal. 

Yeah I'd heard they're attack output that's buffed. They're no challenge at this level and the gem drops are pants. So up I go. I'll likely stomp all and slap Kirin while I'm at it ?? MWA hahaha!!

2 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

Nergigante can just catch you out if you're not careful, but it isn't too bad, really.  The key to rekking it is being on the ball with flash pods when it goes air born before it's big dunk it does while enraged.  The tempered version does it constantly and it was just shot down every time last time I fought it.  The other people were shit hot.

I did try flashing him (!) but he didn't lose his spines afterwards so damage was nerfed.