Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Monster Hunter World

Wonder how many will get returned or traded?... That's not just me being salty but I can easily see the pretty graphics sucking some people into buying a completely different game to what they think they're getting.

It's not the most penetrable start to a game ever.

I didn't buy 5 million copies, dude...

Final Fantasy 7 was the seventh game in the series, it's still one of the most returned games ever apparently... most people don't bum about on gaming forums like us, there's a hell of a lot of people who impulse buy everything.

Managed to kill that flying mouse bat thing by the skin of my teeth, had 2 minutes left to do it and had used all my provisions and stuff and had been carted twice. It didn't help that I got sidetracked with the flashy blindly raptor thing but still im reaching with every attempt and its getting to the stage where im going to be effectively wasting an hour of my life. I'm getting by with ragtag armour sets and need to go back really and properly farm some of the mons I've surpassed or achieved, could probably more easily kill the anjanoth or rathalos now and make better all round armour, especially in a group. I'm surviving by dodging most attacks and then hitting hard with the great sword but ideally I'd like to be tougher and more agile with a powerful switch axe, at the moment if I get stun locked by the super powerful monster then I'm done for especially if they are enraged. 

I'm enjoying it but I think I'm over reaching at the moment and it can be a very sharp difficulty spike. 

Pualumo was a cunt, but only because the other thing it fights with wouldn't fuck off. Spent more time getting flashed and caught up in the middle of them two fighting than I did fighting it alone.

Radobaan is an awesome fight, probably my favourite out of everything I've gone against so far. It's got little bits of previous monsters rolled into one. He feels so unpredictable when he's writing around on the floor to the point where getting near him can be quite scary. Top stuff. His Sword and shield looks like it could be fantastic as well, so that's something to look forwards to when you get that far, @retroedHe looks so god damn bad ass as well, what with his creepy human like teeth.

I helped a few friends catch up last night so had a couple of fights against the Puki Puki and the Barroth, as well as a few investigations. Completely agree with @Blakey and everyone else - with a group of mates this thing comes into it's own. My favourite moment last night was when we were chasing a Puki and I was slightly ahead of everyone else. Kicked a Paratoad and watched everyone run around the corner right into it. 

I'm starting to get comfortable with the great sword as well. Managing to chain my combo's together to do some hefty damage with the last part of the charge combo. Bit of monster research taught me that Barroth's mud armour could be knocked off with a water based weapon so i've geared up with a water based great sword and can now fuck him up.

Here's hoping that World's success will convince them to release an English language version of XX on the Switch.

10 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

His Sword and shield looks like it could be fantastic as well, so that's something to look forwards to when you get that far, @retroed. He looks so god damn bad ass as well, what with his creepy human like teeth.

Sounds good. 

I did a couple more quests this morning. Used the SOS feature which works well, and I soon had three others in my game hacking away. It's just cool seeing other people doing their thing in your game, not had an experience like this since Bloodborne. I sent them my Guild cards but don't think they sent theirs. 

I've pretty much maxed out my bone armour, not seen anything else that takes my fancy yet. I could do with upgrading my weaponry soon, but seem to be managing OK at the moment.

It would be nice if it was easier to invite people to the squad. I think only Blakey can, and has to be online when the other person is to invite them? 

Yeah, they need to make it so that anyone in the group can invite. Not everyone can get online at the same time as @Blakey so you have these instances of sliding doors where there's people on all the time, but you need to be on when He's on and be in the same lobby for an invite to land.

Once you get it though, it's a case of jumping into the game, setting the MFGamers room and if there's one open you join and it not you open one for people to join. @Blakey should be on tonight late on so keep an eye out for him there and try to meet up so you can become part of the squad.

I've been in the squad since launch, but there's only four of us in there at the moment I think. It would make sense if there was a way to promote other people to be admin, as you can have up to 50 people in a squad. 

Excellent session there with @Blakey, @DifferentClass and @Sambob once it got going. Really need to bulk up the armour I have. Also went around the hub and picked up all the side mission based stuff, so that needs to get done as well. Might give us some breathing space when it comes to making better weapons since some of the things it has us doing are monsters some of us have yet to encounter.

d.

Tell you what is annoying though, the inventory stuff in the box. I want to physically get in there and arrange my armour and weapons how I want, not how some filters decide they should be sorted. You can sort out the rest of the stuff, just not armour and weapons. It's making finding stuff a right old pain in the jacksie.

Just did a very hard fight, ogdabon or something. Managed it with a capture too. Be careful of that fight, it's the one where you go to the bottom of the vale, it's nonstop and seemingly every other monster gets involved. Pretty pleased with myself. 

Oh and great sword for life, it just fits my playing style better than any other weapon. 

7 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Tell you what is annoying though, the inventory stuff in the box. I want to physically get in there and arrange my armour and weapons how I want, not how some filters decide they should be sorted. You can sort out the rest of the stuff, just not armour and weapons. It's making finding stuff a right old pain in the jacksie.

Turns out you can do this, although you barely get any space to do so. Hopefully the box size grows because those people that like to have 1 of every item are going to lose their minds if they have to start sacrificing gear because the box is so limited on space.

On 30/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, Sly Reflex said:

I just remembered, when the hell is @Duck going to join us?

I couldn't be more excited and keen to play but it's exam week at work and i've had the flu pretty bad too. Maybe Saturday/sunday evening. 

Edit: I'm off from the 9th for 2 weeks as well. i'm going away a couple of times but the rest of it i'm planning  to play games. 

Has everyone got a weapon of choice now? What are people using? 

@Blakey Insect Glaive

@Chimay ???

@DifferentClass Long Sword and Hammer

@retroed Sword and Shield

@Sambob Great Sword

@scowlingmonkey Light bow gun

@Sly Reflex Gunlance

Currently missing Dual Blades, Lance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Hunting Horn, Heavy Bow Gun and Bow.

If you want to pick the most useful one out of that it'll be the Hunting Horn. Buffs and blunt damage for everybody!

I also played some with the Bow today.  Early days but I think I like it.  I need more pracitise but I think it's another pocket class.

@Sly Reflex Ah, get the Scottish one to play the bagpipe like weapon. I ain't your performing monkey. 

Spoiler

I don't mind. I was thinking of horn or heavy bow gun anyway. I played though 4U with the charge blade too.