Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Monster Hunter World

Oh my days 😂😂😂😂😂 I think we all know @Nag better than he knows himself at this point.

Please don’t follow through on getting Dark Souls Remastered, that’ll be traded in too 😂

Two games traded in three years.... nightmare.

Oh, and I didn't like Cuphead, so lets make it three games I've fucked off in three years. Such a high percentage.

I'm kind of glad @Nag hasn't liked this. All the hype and talk about it was starting to make me think I should get it, but I hated the one I tried. I'm glad others are enjoying it, I'm just glad I'm seemingly making the right decision and giving it a swerve 

2 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

In knew @Nag wouldn't make it. My other one is @retroed, little to no chance of seeing the end of it. I'll donate £20 to charity if he get all the missions crossed off and gets his HR to start working like XP.

Prove me wrong, that's a serious wager. No getting carried by people from the other forum you visit. Just you, the people from here and the will and determination to put me £20 down to one the the charity shops that have a shop in Leeds. Maybe even get the person behind the counter to deface the cover of my game with a thank you towards Ed for doing it.

Actually, hang on. What makes you think I won't finish this? (Other than the reasons I put in my other reply.)

So what do I think? Honestly, I think they've done an awful job of making the start an easy on ramp. It's boring. The scout flies aren't explained very well when you fight Great Jagras, even though I knew what I was doing it's still not very clear. Everything feels very clumsy. I like the voice overs apart from in the cut scenes where nothing matches up, all the characters look like their licking peanut butter off their teeth. Characters are unlikable. Hub city is fucking massive for no discernible reason other than they could do it so they have. I've not been to the multiplayer hub yet, but I hope to god there's not as much running about between the places frequently hit.

They've jumped the gun, the progression to fighting the bigger monster should feel built up to. Now you're thrown to the big monsters and they just fall over. It feels wrong, the first big monster should give you problems, it should make you rethink how you position and fight against it, it shouldn't be like beating a down syndrome kid with jumper cables., just point towards it and tap triangle or circle. I get it, they wanted an easier on ramp for people new to the series. I didn't realise it was going to be a disability ramp. 

In short, it's boring. It's not a full taster of what's to come. I had 2 hour to have at it and I came off before I had to. It's that boring. Got to plough through these early courses to get to the meaty delights that's within, but initial impression are that they've fucked the beginning again.

They pissed about with the Gunlance since the beta too. I don't know if it's for better or worse, for general poking it's going to make it easier, but for the overhead smash and money shot it's going to be something you physically have to input. Maybe it was intentional to stop people spamming triangle and accidentally pushing into the longer combo that will open you up to eating a plate full of shit.

Really liking the way you can ready up without having to check out of a gate, that's going to make the general menu juggling and waiting on people to get themselves in order loads easier. There's a lot of QoL improvements that a lot of people won't notice since they're new to the series, and I am digging those lots. All the trinket options too, like being able to have no helmet showing are cool if you're that into seeing your characters mush.

Monster Hunter games are a marathon, and to lay into it too hard because it got the first steps wrong is a bit of a waste of time. Everything is probable to change for the better. For now it's stroked my Palico the wrong way. Also where the fuck is Poogie and Guildmarm?

I've known you over a decade @retroed, you like buying and selling games and maybe occasionally playing them before moving onto the next purchase. ;) 

Oh I'm gone, believe me... and I'll never be back to this series as long as its in the same state its in now.

The menus are a bit confusing and the mission set up is a bit weird, but co-op is solid gold. Had some good scares with Anjanath and Rathalos as well. This is the monster Hunter I signed up for.

A 7/10 on your own, a 10/10 with mates.

That co op experience is what makes the game to me, it just isn’t the same without it, feels like someone’s left the icing off my Belgian bun.

A phenomenal ton of fun.

Check out Mister entitled over here, not a Belgian bun without icing, where's my icing wah wah wah. 

I already feel like I'm way behind the curve after only being out for a day, the thought of having to plough through all the single player is putting me off after such negative reviews. 

You have about an hour and half of shitness if you read everything. Rush through it, open the camps and then get on with the multiplayer monster bashing.

Managed to put some time into this last night. @Blakey hopped along for the ride and we did an optional quest and then took down pukey. It was really cool seeing him vaulting all over the place and landing hits. I'm not completely sure how the online works, it seemed to just happen and I'm OK with that. I've adjusted my radial menu to have my favourite shouts and moves, which is pretty cool.

I'm still using the sword and shield but keep forgetting to guard so a bit more practice is required, or I'll switch to the dualies. 

Loving the game as a whole and enjoying learning the ins and outs of it all. I have so many tabs open on my phone to various Monster Hunter World threads and info sites.