passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter World

DisturbedSwan

Yeah Anjanath is a good fight. One of my favourites. Always proves a little dangerous. 

Look for others on the mission board thingy who's fighting him. Check what ranking of it is for best materials and concentrate your attacks on certain body parts of you need certain things. Whilst your in the game fighting him pick up all his tracks n stuff. You'll fill out your monster and also unlock your own Anjanath bounties to then choose ?

You can fight them over and over.

Go to the armoury and look at the stats on the Anjanath armour. That will tell you what element he's weak to, so if you can you can go fight a different monster that will give you that element on your weapon.

Obviously Anjanath breaths fire, so you want fire resistant armour to take it on.

Depends on the HR rank. If it's the same as yours then you're equals. If it's super high, you're being carried.

You'd know if it was super high though, if people with high HR came in they'd bury Anjanath like the little fairy winged bitch it is.

Can you join someone in fighting something you've not unlocked yet? Also a random with high HR will be fighting higher tier Anjanaths not the starter pussies ?

But yeah this game benefits having pals to play with. Not super necessary in terms of difficulty, but more the camaraderie.

Next time join in ?

Yeah. Again using the right element helps. You can almost always farm a previous monster to help. I think the electric squirrel thing in the previous area gives you a weapon it's weak to - Electric. Although it had a mud mechanic whereby it switches it's weakness. Use water from the sling thing to wash it off or wait it out. 

I was using the Insect Glaive so, if you're good, you can keep out of the mud most of the fight ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's so good to be back with MHW. 

It's awesome.  It's more Monster Hunter.  The only thing I've been disappointed in is at this point (I'm currently at the poster dragon) there has only been one added area.  These games can be paced weirdly so there could be another but I'm not holding my breath. 

But there are a lot of new monsters to fight and the new clutch claw adds a little more variety to the fighting, which was already a robust thing to begin with. 

You can now latch to monsters anytime but like mounting monsters there are some prerequisites so it's no use going for it all the time; in fact it's pretty dangerous since if its mid attack or raging you're vulnerable to some heavy damage.  I've took some embarrassing deaths being stupid with it. 

But it means monsters can get downed quite a bit more than before.  You can punch them to get them facing a certain direction then unload all of your slinger ammo into its face sending it right into a wall, downing it.  But the old using flash bombs on flying enemies isn't affective anymore, well it brings them to the ground but they're not down for a wailing. 

New monsters aren't strictly new as most are either returning from previous games or alterations on existing monsters.  But they are different enough from the vanilla ones that require a bit of a different approach and couple that with the new clutch claw they feel fresh. 

Anyway, I'm nearly 40 hours in I think and there is a trophy for hitting rank 200 and I think that's my goal.  I was 115 from vanilla and I'm only at 120 now so this may take some time.  But I've seen a few people in the 400s so it can't be that bad... 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I've now spent 100 hours with the Iceborne content. 

Time for an update, I guess. 

I'm struggling to be honest.  Master Rank versions of the Elder Dragons are kicking my arse but I can't quite put my finger on why. Some of it could still be being a bit too YOLO with the grappling hook but I think there's more to it than that.  Just don't ask me what, yet.  It's sad since I remember bouncing and cackling all over those Elder Dragon idiots. 

And also I'm still using very defensive builds where I feel like at this point previously I was cashing in some of that defense for more offensive stats and skills but everything hits so damn hard I'm reluctant to now. 

There is also a new environment in the post game.  Well, sort of. 

They have an island that has all the areas remixed into a single area and it has a new way Monsters populate it and are researched.  It will take an age to explain, and I'm not sure I fully understand it.  But what I will say it looks like something they're prototyping for a future game.  

But it doesn't seem to work with MH's current networking, or at least it didn't when I used it. 

It's a free form kind of thing so when I sent out an SOS when I was hunting a tough bastard I had 5 people join my game but instantly peace out when they saw what I was doing.  You can specify what you're doing, and I did, but everyone who joined obviously didn't want to fight this bastard.  They just wanted to pick flowers or something (the area has unique resources). 

So while I do like the idea of it its unreliable to get help from randos. 

I mean, of course I beat the tough bastard, but a hand would have been nice. 

It makes me reluctant to stick with the mode though, since the bastards are just gonna get harder and because of how tough it gets on Master Rank I don't know if I have it in me to solo every angry beast. 

• 4 months later...

I'm going to have an open lobby and group chat up all day of anyone wants to join in.

PS ID is RikZer0

I've just got to the endgame in vanilla so will be a lot of messing around and mat farming with my best friend and girlfriend and just having a laugh.

I'll be streaming it all over on Twitch too because why not.