passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter World

DisturbedSwan

Excellent session there with @Blakey, @DifferentClass and @Sambob once it got going. Really need to bulk up the armour I have. Also went around the hub and picked up all the side mission based stuff, so that needs to get done as well. Might give us some breathing space when it comes to making better weapons since some of the things it has us doing are monsters some of us have yet to encounter.

d.

Tell you what is annoying though, the inventory stuff in the box. I want to physically get in there and arrange my armour and weapons how I want, not how some filters decide they should be sorted. You can sort out the rest of the stuff, just not armour and weapons. It's making finding stuff a right old pain in the jacksie.

Just did a very hard fight, ogdabon or something. Managed it with a capture too. Be careful of that fight, it's the one where you go to the bottom of the vale, it's nonstop and seemingly every other monster gets involved. Pretty pleased with myself. 

Oh and great sword for life, it just fits my playing style better than any other weapon. 

7 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Tell you what is annoying though, the inventory stuff in the box. I want to physically get in there and arrange my armour and weapons how I want, not how some filters decide they should be sorted. You can sort out the rest of the stuff, just not armour and weapons. It's making finding stuff a right old pain in the jacksie.

Turns out you can do this, although you barely get any space to do so. Hopefully the box size grows because those people that like to have 1 of every item are going to lose their minds if they have to start sacrificing gear because the box is so limited on space.

On 30/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, Sly Reflex said:

I just remembered, when the hell is @Duck going to join us?

I couldn't be more excited and keen to play but it's exam week at work and i've had the flu pretty bad too. Maybe Saturday/sunday evening. 

Edit: I'm off from the 9th for 2 weeks as well. i'm going away a couple of times but the rest of it i'm planning  to play games. 

Has everyone got a weapon of choice now? What are people using? 

@Blakey Insect Glaive

@Chimay ???

@DifferentClass Long Sword and Hammer

@retroed Sword and Shield

@Sambob Great Sword

@scowlingmonkey Light bow gun

@Sly Reflex Gunlance

Currently missing Dual Blades, Lance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Hunting Horn, Heavy Bow Gun and Bow.

If you want to pick the most useful one out of that it'll be the Hunting Horn. Buffs and blunt damage for everybody!

Yeah, you fucking sucked with the Charge Blade though, like watching someone in town busking with yo-yo busting out tricks. You saw some YouTube video and were trying to do guard points before knowing how to play the game. I remember, it was awful.

In all honesty I don't think it really matters what you pick. I'd advise going against stuff like the Glaive and Charge Blade though just because the flow charts for them are mental and aren't really the best for someone coming into he game. I spent the night doing SOS questing and the amount of people using them weapons and not pulling their weight is astronomical. Best way to go about it is get a firm understanding of how everything slots together before taking a weapon like that into consideration.

In other news the Radobaan armour for the Palico is mint. That is all.

DU57VgOWAAYk6PS.jpg

6 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

@Blakey Insect Glaive

@Chimay ???

@DifferentClass Long Sword and Hammer

@retroed Sword and Shield

@Sambob Great Sword

@scowlingmonkey Light bow gun

@Sly Reflex Gunlance

Currently missing Dual Blades, Lance, Switch Axe, Charge Blade, Hunting Horn, Heavy Bow Gun and Bow.

If you want to pick the most useful one out of that it'll be the Hunting Horn. Buffs and blunt damage for everybody!

Another Great Sword user here.

Another five or six hours pumped into this last night. Mainly fighting the Anjanath until it finally dropped his fiery sac so I could make a fuck off great flame sword. Also pottered around doing some optional quests and bounties, helped a few SOS flares, unlocked the third area (the historic mission) and did my first arena challenge. The Puki Puki is a right cunt when you're fighting him on your own, with nowhere to hide to sneak an antidote in. 

There's just so much to do in this game. It's only after playing this I realise how amazingly wrong they got Destiny. Everything in MH has a purpose. Want that sword? Go get these bits from this monster. Need to upgrade the kitchen? Go do these quests. Much more satisfying than Destiny's 'Hey, you want this gun? Go farm these obscure tokens that you have a limited time to turn in so you MAY have a chance of getting it, even though it'll be for sale at Xur in a weeks time.'

In short, I feel that Monster Hunter respects the time I put into it. Really intrigued to see what the end game is going to be like.

6 hours ago, Chimay said:

Mainly fighting the Anjanath until it finally dropped his fiery sac so I could make a fuck off great flame sword.

Look in the bounties for things like this. At least I think it's the bounties. Not only will you get the carve or capture rewards but you'll get the extra rewards for knocking the quest out. You can get these from the 3 guys to the left of the screen when you log into the main hub area.

Also look at breaking parts of the monster that corresponds to the part you're looking for to up your chances of the carves you're looking for.

If you're flying solo come and join the party chat, I'm happy to come in and kick some motherfuckers about. I need the carves to fill out my weapon trees.

If you don't have a ton of time and are playing solo then it's absolutely essential to send the palico teams out on safari. They are in the research center on the bottom floor, and they brink both anjanath fangs and flame sacs if you send them to the right place. 

I've normally been playing as part of a group, although they all went to bed at a sensible time last night. I'll have to jump in with you guys at some point though. 

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

Look in the bounties for things like this. At least I think it's the bounties. Not only will you get the carve or capture rewards but you'll get the extra rewards for knocking the quest out. You can get these from the 3 guys to the left of the screen when you log into the main hub area.

Also look at breaking parts of the monster that corresponds to the part you're looking for to up your chances of the carves you're looking for.

If you're flying solo come and join the party chat, I'm happy to come in and kick some motherfuckers about. I need the carves to fill out my weapon trees.

Yeah, I've been doing a lot of the investigations with the bounties on when going after a, specific part, and despite carving the bastards head up each time had some crappy luck with it dropping. 

After the few miserable hunts against Rathalos I thought Diablos would be equally hard. Turns out she's a bit of a pussy cat now, smashed the fuck out of her. Lancing seems to be super strong against her, even the pop up from underground can be blocked.