passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Monster Hunter World

DisturbedSwan

Check out Mister entitled over here, not a Belgian bun without icing, where's my icing wah wah wah. 

I already feel like I'm way behind the curve after only being out for a day, the thought of having to plough through all the single player is putting me off after such negative reviews. 

Managed to put some time into this last night. @Blakey hopped along for the ride and we did an optional quest and then took down pukey. It was really cool seeing him vaulting all over the place and landing hits. I'm not completely sure how the online works, it seemed to just happen and I'm OK with that. I've adjusted my radial menu to have my favourite shouts and moves, which is pretty cool.

I'm still using the sword and shield but keep forgetting to guard so a bit more practice is required, or I'll switch to the dualies. 

Loving the game as a whole and enjoying learning the ins and outs of it all. I have so many tabs open on my phone to various Monster Hunter World threads and info sites. 

Well I've played about two or three hours and I can tell that this is definitely something I'm going to love spending time on. 

Totally agree that its done a poor job of the start of the game. Even I'm confused at the moment and can easily see how a newbie player would feel utterly lost, if I'd never played one I would be feeling so overwhelmed and very cold on the game, it's only because I've got that trust with the series and can see all this additional stuff and know it's going to work out great. 

I did an expedition mission and it felt awesome just like how it should always have felt, track this, combine this do this and so on. They've ramped everything up but as a result there's just so much stuff....

Heaven for a long term player, confusing and daunting for new players. 

It has the feeling of an mmo that is three or four iterations into its stride and is now on its third expansion, not like something that was launched Friday, lots to get your teeth into if it's your kind of thing. 

Well I've been having a good time from the begging.  I get that it is easy and big monsters should always be a threat but I think I've been fine just treating it as a hang out game, getting used to the new systems.  I guess it doesn't teach its systems that well but I've been stumbling around them and getting them soonish.

I've just been using the Long Sword again and I think I have it down.  But I had a nightmare with Rock Face in the second area so built up a decent Hammer to use and dealt with it easy.  I've been toying with the Gun Lance as well.

I'm having fun, anyway.  I'm well over 10 hours in after a couple of sessions.

Destroyed a Barroth on my first attempt this evening. B)

I fired an SOS flare at the start of the fight to see how it worked, and also because it looked like it was going to be a tough battle, but as soon as Blakey joined I finished the bastard off and the flare was cancelled. 

Haha yeah was gonna jump in that quest but as it was loading up it failed so I thought you must've finished it.

Do you have a mic @retroed ? I believe I've invited you to party chats and stuff in past games but have never had a chat I don't think so I just assumed you didn't have a mic or had to be quiet because of your kids etc. 

I got fed up with it earlier so just sacked it off, hopefully be better once @Sly Reflex gets involved, we did have a great session with Rik on Friday night but haven't managed to rekindle that enthusiasm for it since.