passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sea of Thieves

DisturbedSwan

I’m thinking of booting this up during the day today to get a feel of the controls and stuff.

Is there anything you can do on your own? Or failing that, is there any in-game communication for randoms? I’m thinking like a dial of set phrases or like the ping system in Apex Legends.

You can do it all on your own, if you're inclined to be like that.

I can maybe spare an hour or two after 4. I wouldn't expect to get anything done other than sail about and maybe dig up a few chests though. I've got to eat and then prep for ant genocide tonight.

Just done a quest on me tod. 

I was expecting the sloop to be a bit smaller to be honest, but I could manage it on my own. I still don't know what I'm doing with the wind/angle thing, so just drop the sails and hope for the best.

I got to the island I was looking for, immediately got blown up by skeletons. Then came back, fired the cannon from the ship to take them down and went hunting for the treasure. It wasn't obviously sticking out of the ground but it was a small island so a couple of digs and I found it.

My biggest problem was immediately forgetting which island I started from.

So I googled SoT starting areas and found that there's a load of outposts, so set sail for the nearest outpost, and sure enough I could hand the treasure in. I was wondering how I would know which of the vendors I should give it to and then noticed that one of them was flashing a signal to me. Handed it in, got paid and left the game. 

And it wasn't the island I started from anyway!

Sails: If you look the wind direction is show by swirls in the air. The sail has 2 parts you can interact with, the bit that rolls it up and down and the bit that angles it. Angle it so that the wind goes into the sail, you'll get a big puff noise as the sail billows out if you've done it correctly.

There's two kinds of outposts. The ones for treasure are the bigger ones and the ones that are small are for delivering fish and meats to. The first kind isn't the same island over and over, so the layout might be a bit different, but you'll have the same amenities on each island. Hunters call outposts are very tiny and only take fish and meats. You could actually kill the poultry and pigs and cook them on the ship. I'll show you that next time we play.