passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Granblue Fantasy Relink

radiofloyd

Cygames has released a seven-minute, under development gameplay video of Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link, its upcoming action RPG for PlayStation 4 developed by Platinum Games. 

The video consists of the same country village and battle scenes shown at Granblue Fantasy Festival 2017. During the village scene, the world of Granblue Fantasy, in which various races exist, can be seen completely reproduced in 3D. The series’ trademark Grandcypher airship can also be seen floating in the sky.

During the battle scene, Katalina, Io, Percival, and Rackam make use of unique skills, including well-known abilities from the smartphone game, and eventually unleash a Chain Burst attack by connecting Charge Attacks.

While originally slated for release in 2018 in Japan, today’s press release lists Granblue Fantasy Project Re: Link‘s release date as “to be announced.”

https://gematsu.com/2018/01/granblue-fantasy-project-re-link-seven-minute-development-gameplay-video

Looks beautiful.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

More like PSO or something but yeah, not exactly what I expected at first either. And the HUD is absolutely horrendous to the point where it's almost a turnoff.

I'm also afraid of their business model for this. The Granblue fighting game that's currently being developed by arc has some of the worst DLC practices I've seen in the genre so far. And that's saying something.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I played it. At a glance, it sort of feels like babby's first Bayonetta but with co-op party mechanics with shared resources, sort of like a limit break in FFXIV. There's party buffs, enemy debuffs, launchers and all that DMC shit but at the most shallow level (but this is a demo, so saying this doesn't really mean anything). Characters continue combos after dodging, sort of like an automatic dodge offset, and there's combo routing between light and heavy attacks that lead into these charged attacks, stingers and launchers with Gran, the plain ol vanilla character

I think it's interesting but need to see more. I like the fighting game a lot so I'm sort of hoping that this RPG-character action thing will also be good and there's some possible synergy between game types a bit. Seems like they're really capitalising on things by releasing this so close to Granblue Versus Rising. I like playing Narmaya a lot in that game and she's in this demo too, with the same stance swapping mechanic but also a butterfly 'stack' mechanic

Boss mechanics are like an MMO raid boss. Different phases and painting the floors with spicey pizzas that you have to avoid and you have to manage adds and stuff. The game could be interesting at high levels, in the demo you just mash buttons and win. Demo seems to only offer story mode. No 'waifu must die' mode exists sadly. So very much a wait and see but not something to dismiss either

The localisation is very meme-ey and contains Dragonball and Always Sunny references

• 3 weeks later...