Hendo

The best video game music

I've done Final Fantasy and Mario. I'd like to do a Sonic music special at some point and I'd like some help.

I've got music already suggested from Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and tracks from Sonic CD and Sonic & The Secret Rings.

Any other games in the series would be greatly appreciated!

It'd be disgraceful if this wasn't there.

In fact when @RikSP leaves London to go back home for a visit I bet he plays this. He doesn't get the bus, car or train, he just sprints.

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I've done Final Fantasy and Mario. I'd like to do a Sonic music special at some point and I'd like some help.

I've got music already suggested from Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and tracks from Sonic CD and Sonic & The Secret Rings.

Any other games in the series would be greatly appreciated!

I know a guy who'd love to contribute.

What about some remix type stuff from Mania? Does that count. 

Yep anything from any of the main (not spin-off like Racing) games would be welcome!

The Mega-Drive Sonic games and Mania probably have my favourite soundtracks of all time, and not in just games, so anything from those is easy but since you've got Sonic 1 and 2 and I'll add some 3 and Knuckles.

Though I think the Mania remixes of both these are better I wanna rep the originals.

In case you want more Crush 40:

I used to think Crush 40 were kinda lame but as time goes on I'm really coming around to them.  They are so post 2000 Sonic, warts and all.

To be honest my Sonic music knowledge beyond Sonic Adventure 2 is nonexistent so someone else may need to find more recent stuff.

Mania has such a good soundtrack. Mainly because the originals sound even better and it has some of my favourites anyway.

Classic nostalgia

One of my all time favourites from Sonic 2 (Mania)

Another great from Sonic 2 (Mania)

Mini boss theme Mania

Titanic Monarch zone Mania

Quick mention to an OG fav

Ah Nostalgia overdose 😍

9 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

It'd be disgraceful if this wasn't there.

In fact when @RikSP leaves London to go back home for a visit I bet he plays this. He doesn't get the bus, car or train, he just sprints.

At least I get to a hill, then I just slide down it on a helicopter door.

Ocotpath Traveler has some lovely music.

Here’s the theme that plays in caves, I love the part when the strings kick in around a minute in.

Here is Tressa’s theme:

And so on...

Perfectly light hearted tune to make you feel at home before the arsefucking the game is about to give you begins.

When this music comes on you know you're going to have a good run, but only if you can find Ash's gravestone.

This game isn't too hard, ah fuck..

Fucking fuck this cunt why is it so hard, why am I doing this to myself?

Just make it stop why does it have to be so fucking difficult piece of shit bitch.

I've made it this far and I'll be fucked if I'm going through all that smashed cunt of raging fuck not to see the cunting end of this bitchflaps.

Cunt of a game. Amazing though. Character building, but mentally destroying and swear inducing.

This is the theme that plays in the Earworm mission on the Claptrap DLC from Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. It's audio aids, but it's so catchy .On the boss you'll end up singing the chorus.

And while we're talking about catchy songs that are a bit annoying, have a listen to this. This is the theme reward for completing the super secret hidden quest in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It's all fun and games until you catch yourself singing "I'm a garden gnome" when doing your day to day tasks.

I'll be finishing the second part of the 2018 music podcast in December, so I'd like some help if anyone has any favourite pieces of music from the following games. Not all games might get used though.

Dead Cells

Donut County

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Dragon Quest XI

Spider-Man

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Life Is Strange 2

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Forza Horizon 4

Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Call of Duty : Black Ops 4

Starlink : Battle For Atlas

Return of the Obra Dinn

Soul Calibur VI

Red Dead Redemption 2

Tetris Effect

Hitman 2

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

Darksiders 3

Just Cause 4

Earth Defense Force 5

I’ll throw this into the hat for Dead Cells:

Probably my favourite tune from the game. Not least because I associate it with the achievement of getting to a checkpoint and taking a breath in one of the few havens of safety.

It reminds me of the Firelink Shrine music from Dark Souls (which I associate with similar things).

Making some music podcasts to keep in reserve well in advance and running out of some people's suggestions.

Got loads from Sly, wiivo and a few from DC, but everyone else (especially new people) keep throwing them at me.

I know it's not out yet, but some of Anthem's music is awesome. Particularly like this track:

I really liked this track from Into the Breach as well:

Flinthook - a game i'm inherently crap at, also had a cracking 8bit soundtrack. Here's one of my personal highlights: