passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The best video game music

Hendo

This is the theme that plays in the Earworm mission on the Claptrap DLC from Borderlands The Pre-Sequel. It's audio aids, but it's so catchy .On the boss you'll end up singing the chorus.

And while we're talking about catchy songs that are a bit annoying, have a listen to this. This is the theme reward for completing the super secret hidden quest in Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. It's all fun and games until you catch yourself singing "I'm a garden gnome" when doing your day to day tasks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll be finishing the second part of the 2018 music podcast in December, so I'd like some help if anyone has any favourite pieces of music from the following games. Not all games might get used though.

Dead Cells

Donut County

Yakuza Kiwami 2

Dragon Quest XI

Spider-Man

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Life Is Strange 2

Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Forza Horizon 4

Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Call of Duty : Black Ops 4

Starlink : Battle For Atlas

Return of the Obra Dinn

Soul Calibur VI

Red Dead Redemption 2

Tetris Effect

Hitman 2

Fallout 76

Battlefield V

Darksiders 3

Just Cause 4

Earth Defense Force 5

I’ll throw this into the hat for Dead Cells:

Probably my favourite tune from the game. Not least because I associate it with the achievement of getting to a checkpoint and taking a breath in one of the few havens of safety.

It reminds me of the Firelink Shrine music from Dark Souls (which I associate with similar things).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know it's not out yet, but some of Anthem's music is awesome. Particularly like this track:

I really liked this track from Into the Breach as well:

Flinthook - a game i'm inherently crap at, also had a cracking 8bit soundtrack. Here's one of my personal highlights:

While i'm on a soundtrack kick:

Shadow of the Beast - the opening tack to one of the hardest games ever made. Used to creep the hell out of me when I was a kid.

Grandia - what a game. I love how the theme transitions to 70's TV theme disco to sincere violin music and back again.

Doom 2 Hell on Earth - some strange part of me misses midi music. Takes me back to sitting in front of my mates 486 SX25 and quite literally being blown away by this crazy new genre of game - the first person shooter.

Fatal Racing always struck me as a game that should have reached a wider audience than it actually did. Used to play this to death split screen. 

• 1 month later...
On 31/01/2019 at 15:45, Whiskey_chaser said:

While i'm on a soundtrack kick:

Shadow of the Beast - the opening tack to one of the hardest games ever made. Used to creep the hell out of me when I was a kid.

This game's soundtrack is so fucking good. It's one of my favourite games and seriously needs an HD remake.

Crazy to think it was Japan Studio's second game.

8 hours ago, Whiskey_chaser said:

I heard this track over the weekend and it immediately conjured up images of cars sliding sideways around a racecourse:

The same for Gran Turismo, for me. One of my favourite intros.

I'd have that on in my bedroom as a teenager and just marvel at the attract mode for ages. It was incredible. I dread to think the number of hours I put into GT and GT2. A ton more than the rest of the series combined, that's for sure.

For sure. GT2 was the game that ended my childhood. Summer of 2000 was the last time I played as I did when I was a kid. Later that summer I started my apprenticeship and life moved on. It was a good few years before I played a game other than casual dabbling.