passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The best video game music

Hendo

I'll add some more for the podcast.

I love this piece from Shin Megami Tensei IV.  It's the music to one of the underground stations that humans live in since demons roam the overworld.  Well, usually you have some dark kinda lowkey music in these places because everyone is living a hard life in a subway station.  But here, it's all uptempo, because all the humans are dead and in my head cannon the demons living here are partying.

Furi is a game largely forgotten.  I loved it when it came out as a free PS+ game but I put it to the side for a while, and as much as I like it it is hard as nails, and in a way most games aren't so it's very hard to go back to.  I am thinking of paying for the Switch version and dedicating my time to it properly.  It's a really cool game.

Being cool and dropping some original Nier.

I've done Final Fantasy and Mario. I'd like to do a Sonic music special at some point and I'd like some help.

I've got music already suggested from Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and tracks from Sonic CD and Sonic & The Secret Rings.

Any other games in the series would be greatly appreciated!

17 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I've done Final Fantasy and Mario. I'd like to do a Sonic music special at some point and I'd like some help.

I've got music already suggested from Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and tracks from Sonic CD and Sonic & The Secret Rings.

Any other games in the series would be greatly appreciated!

I know a guy who'd love to contribute.

What about some remix type stuff from Mania? Does that count. 

The Mega-Drive Sonic games and Mania probably have my favourite soundtracks of all time, and not in just games, so anything from those is easy but since you've got Sonic 1 and 2 and I'll add some 3 and Knuckles.

Though I think the Mania remixes of both these are better I wanna rep the originals.

In case you want more Crush 40:

I used to think Crush 40 were kinda lame but as time goes on I'm really coming around to them.  They are so post 2000 Sonic, warts and all.

To be honest my Sonic music knowledge beyond Sonic Adventure 2 is nonexistent so someone else may need to find more recent stuff.

Mania has such a good soundtrack. Mainly because the originals sound even better and it has some of my favourites anyway.

Classic nostalgia

One of my all time favourites from Sonic 2 (Mania)

Another great from Sonic 2 (Mania)

Mini boss theme Mania

Titanic Monarch zone Mania

Quick mention to an OG fav

Ah Nostalgia overdose ?

9 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

It'd be disgraceful if this wasn't there.

In fact when @RikSP leaves London to go back home for a visit I bet he plays this. He doesn't get the bus, car or train, he just sprints.

At least I get to a hill, then I just slide down it on a helicopter door.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perfectly light hearted tune to make you feel at home before the arsefucking the game is about to give you begins.

When this music comes on you know you're going to have a good run, but only if you can find Ash's gravestone.

This game isn't too hard, ah fuck..

Fucking fuck this cunt why is it so hard, why am I doing this to myself?

Just make it stop why does it have to be so fucking difficult piece of shit bitch.

I've made it this far and I'll be fucked if I'm going through all that smashed cunt of raging fuck not to see the cunting end of this bitchflaps.

Cunt of a game. Amazing though. Character building, but mentally destroying and swear inducing.