passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The best video game music

Hendo

We used to do music podcasts back when we were all much younger and I’d like to do them again, either with a co-host like me and Ben used to do or with the sexy robot lady.

I can’t find the old thread but previously used tunes are welcome!

Preferably with some comments included to read out.

I’ll start off by linking one of the old favourites that someone (I apologise, I can’t remember who it was) suggested Snake Eater from MGS3. Absolutely one of the best Bond theme rip-offs I’ve ever heard. Plus it has stupid lyrics. A win-win situation.

As a bonus, here’s a live version.

This'll always be on my list as it was the song that played when me and the Mrs signed our names during the wedding ceremony:

And this, because for a 16-bit tune it's fantastic and so relaxing:

Just in case you need a couple of random tunes to throw in there.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has beautiful music but I wouldn't like to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played the game, so here's the gorgeous title time from Xenoblade Chronicles 1 on the Wii:

Also, the operatic theme tune to Rogue Galaxy on the PS2:

Will we ever see a sequel to Rogue Galaxy or Dark Chronicle I wonder...

3 minutes ago, mr lakitu said:

@retroed I still have a msg from you from 6 years ago for a song pick for the music podcast. I was going to put it in here but I listened to it and it’s honestly so bad I didn’t want to embarrass you if your tastes have matured. 

Go for it. I feel no shame! 

Let's show some love to some indie games that have knocked it out of the park on the music front.

Beautiful piece from Hollow Knight.

A favourite of mine from Undertale.

And to complete the melancholy trio, the opening and closing piece of music to Hyper Light Drifter.

Prepare for earworm!

You know you're going to Na na nah along with it, so don't even try to fight it.

If you're listening to the podcast while driving, now would be a good time to pull over, because if you're anything like me you're going to end up with a speeding ticket and points on your license whilst listening to this.

"Look at this! I'm rich! It's payday fellas!"

I just love this. It fits the scene so perfectly.

For all of Destiny 2's flaws, music certainly isn't one of them.

Set the guitar wankery to 11. 

Despite being quarter of a century old, this still sounds just as good as I heard it the first time around.

You can't fight it, hum along. It's not like you have any choice in the matter since it's so catchy.

One of the few games where I'd sit and listen to the complete song before I continued to play the game. Cheesy as fuck, but it's a perfect fit for the game it appears in.

Stay Fresh!

"Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter."

If you need more give us a nudge. I could put scores more music towards this.

I've never even played this game but I listen to alot of video game music becausw I'm a nerd and this is dope:

GBA sound chip at its finest, Juste Belmont's theme (Successor of Fate) from Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance:

Batman, NES, Streets of Decolation (Stage 1) - fucking rocking out to this as a kid like a proper cunt:

Batman, Gameboy, Gotham City (Stage 1) - kid rocking cunt part 2:

Baloon Kid, Gameboy, Stage 1 - I dont care if you dont think this is awesome, it fucking is:

And finally one of the greatest songs in a  game ever, Pollyanna from Eartbound, with lyrics:

Nag posted Eyes on Me from FF VIII, a song that I've hardly gone a year in my life without listening to at least once and feeling nostalgic... So here's some more Final Fantasy music.

Compared to 9 year old me discovering the wonders of FF VIII, I was a world weary 12 when I eventually go around to playing the first game in the PS1 trilogy.

And I think before i played VII I had already played through X on the PS2.

And here's the world map theme from IX that will transport you back in time:

Leaving Final Fantasy. Here's the most iconic theme music of all time. 

And here's the beautiful hub world music from Super Mario Galaxy.

Bonus Megaman VII theme.