Hendo

The MFGamers Podcast

MFGamers Podcast  - Christmas Memories

@Sly Reflex hosts @Jimbo Xiii and @DANGERMAN, who discuss social gaming, dubious uncles and laying down the foundations for the next generation of game players all with a festive twist.

Extra credits to:

Edited by Simon.

MFG Intro/Outro Originally composed by @mr lakitu - Christmas arrangement by me.

Background music spoilers:

Ski Sunday Theme written and performed by Pop Looks Bach

Creatures 2: Torture Trouble - Stage 3 music “Snow Problem”

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Ice Land Theme

Sonic 3 - Ice Cap Zone

Bomberman 64 - White Ice

Sonic Chaos - Gigapolis Zone

Creatures 2: Torture Trouble - Stage 9 music “Meet Mr Chainsaw”

Christmas Lemmings ‘93 - BGM03 “Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer”

Cool Boarders - Oblivion

Spyro 2 - Winter Tundra

NiGHTS into Dreams - Dream Bells

Super Mario 64 - Cool Cool Mountain

Stardew Valley - Winter (Nocturne of Ice)

Jak and Daxter - Snowy Mountain

Donkey Kong Country - Ice Cave Chant

Mario Kart 8 - Animal Crossing (Winter)

Download the episode here.
Subscribe to the feed here.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mfgamers/id1318429602

I extend thanks towards @Jimbo Xiii and @DANGERMAN for putting time aside to join me, both were excellent guests and I look forwards to working with them again sometimes down the line.

Please forgive the few times the sound craps out in Jim's feed, there's a couple of times where it distorts that I couldn't do anything with it, hopefully if/when Jim comes on again he has a better mic. 

Aside form that I hope you enjoy this episode as much as I enjoyed putting it together. It was a pleasure and I'm excited you finally get to wrap your lugs around it. :D

I’ve listened to this about 3 times now since Sly sent it to me and really enjoyed it. Good work, gentlemen!

I’d like to use this opportunity to prod once again for recordings for GotY segments.

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

I’ve listened to this about 3 times now since Sly sent it to me and really enjoyed it. Good work, gentlemen!

I’d like to use this opportunity to prod once again for recordings for GotY segments.

You have a problem. Unless you're listening for @Jimbo Xiii's adorable giggle, then I fully understand. It's infectious, and not in the bad way.

Was there some Mario music sneaked in aswell? Thought I heard it. 

Good drive time listening. I found myself shouting out at certain points. Abzu! 98! Rubber keys!  😅

I went through and tried to find winter or Christmas themed music from games/platforms relative to what we were talking about. If you look in the post Hendo put up there's a spoiler list with all the songs in there. Tried to get something in there for everyone.

I'm glad the feedback has been good so far, I was stressed to fuck this would flop.

On 22/12/2017 at 5:39 PM, Sly Reflex said:

You have a problem. Unless you're listening for @Jimbo Xiii's adorable giggle, then I fully understand. It's infectious, and not in the bad way.

I am pretty fucking adorable. 

Another shout out for GOTY recordings.

I’ve got two so far, I’m happy to put it up as long as there are at least 3 people on it.

It won’t be up till the new year but if I can get files by the 31st that would be magic. :) 

I wasn’t going to listen to the one that me, @DANGERMAN and @Sly Reflex recorded, but curiosity got the better of me. I think it might be quite good, my audio is terrible though, sorry about that. 

You should always listen back to stuff recorded with you included, since the editor could be a dick and take things you said out of context and remix stuff.Plus it gives you feedback on your performance as well, like you picked up on the audio being a bit guff. You know that the on board mic isn't going to suffice if you go again. We want to hear that sexy erection giving giggle in full clarity.

Final call for GOTY segments. I have a finished version ready to go but I'll hold off till NYE if anyone has anything they can send me before then.

If he hasn't already prodded you, grab Sly for details on his next one.

Unless I'm really needed, I'm gonna sit the next one or two out till I get a better mic. I've got a couple I'm looking at, unless my old one turns up.

I've inherited a MacBook Pro that I'm gonna use specifically for audio - already set up CyberDuck, Skype and Audacity on it.

I will say it was enjoyable working on the GOTY one. Really easy recording Ben, I barely had to prod him, we started recording and he just went, seemingly with no notes.

Sly's recording came to me as you hear it, any edits were done by him.

I had to work on Blakey's because there was a loud background hum on it that I had to get rid of, possibly a PC fan or something.

I really did struggle recording mine and I had a small window of opportunity to record one. I made some notes but most of it was off the cuff and a lot of cutting bits out.

The best thing about it was I was going to impose a rule of no two games can be the same, but everyone picked different stuff. Even if Mark had picked Zelda, I was ready to do Yakuza 0. Leigh was going to do Splatoon 2 but ended up too busy with work. So it was really cool to have a nice selection of games, even if I realised today that they are all RPGs in some way or another. 

I'd certainly like to do the same at the end of 2018, hopefully with a lot more people. 

i know I've been out of the loop for a bit. I didn't realise this had restarted. Cool stuff guys. i look forward to listening to it.

I couldn't add much to the GOTY podcast, as most of what I've played this year has either be older and cheaper, or retro stuff. The newset games I've had where Forza 7 and Destiny 2, and I've only just got them.