passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The MFGamers Podcast

Hendo

A very enjoyable episode,a great way to finish off the year,and a lot to look forward to in 2019.

As for contributing,personally I’ve pretty much zero computer experience. Can’t even tell you what my laptop is,other than “cheap” and “for my uni essays”. Currently battling through a huge dissertation due by February,which takes up a lot of my time. Followed by working part-time,and volunteering at Samaritans. 

Having said that,if there’s some way I could help,I’m not against it.

MFGamers Podcast  - Music From Games volume 15

Another variety of tunes, chosen by @Blakey, @DifferentClass, @illdog, @Jimbo Xiii, @Middle_Class_Hero, @Nag, @radiofloyd, @regemond, @Sly Reflex, @Whiskey_chaser and @wiivo 2.0.

Theme music arrangement by me from the original theme by @wiivo 2.0.

Download the episode here.
Subscribe to the feed here.

iTunes link - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/mfgamers/id1318429602

Non-iTunes feed - http://feeds.feedburner.com/mfgamerspodcast

Just listened to the end of year one. Really enjoyed it, thanks to everyone who put in the hard work to get it done! Can’t believe how much my thoughts and game tastes echos Sly’s. Although I couldn’t get on with Snake Pass, I really tried and bought it quite early on but even after hours I couldn’t get used to the controls at all. I’d spend ages getting it high up and then I’d fall through what felt like no fault of my own, even if it was me. Which would then make me want to throw pad through TV. I reached a water area and then told it to fuck off. 

As for putting work in, what kind of help are you meaning? I could try when I get chance but I don’t even know what needs doing? If it’s editing I could give it a go. If it’s creating them I’ve got huge anxiety and feel awkward as fuck even on a phone never mind talking into a mic for lots of people to listen too, I’m useless at it. I once did a episode with Dekard years ago about Super Meat Boy and playformers in general. I was terrible, didn’t even post it up haha. 

Cheers, sexy bum. ?

To reply to @mfnick, I'm just after a bit of a break and I wouldn't expect anyone else to take it all on.

Ideally if we can get the more people making them, then we can regularly put them out without any one person feeling any kind of pressure. If the idea of being on mic is a nightmare but you want to get involved, experimenting with editing is a thing I can help you with.

13 minutes ago, mfnick said:

Although I couldn’t get on with Snake Pass, I really tried and bought it quite early on but even after hours I couldn’t get used to the controls at all. I’d spend ages getting it high up and then I’d fall through what felt like no fault of my own, even if it was me. Which would then make me want to throw pad through TV. I reached a water area and then told it to fuck off. 

There was one part in that game that felt off, it was right at the end of the game where you had to use wind to bridge a gap, but it felt really random if you made it to the other side. Apart from that I always felt like it was my fault. I think there was a point earlier on in the game when I realised that I was at fault and not the game. It reminded me a lot of games liek Super Meat Boy and Hotline Miami where you'd turn it off in frustration, but calm down and go back 30 minutes later and work through the bit that was pissing you off.

13 minutes ago, mfnick said:

As for putting work in, what kind of help are you meaning? I could try when I get chance but I don’t even know what needs doing? If it’s editing I could give it a go. If it’s creating them I’ve got huge anxiety and feel awkward as fuck even on a phone never mind talking into a mic for lots of people to listen too, I’m useless at it. I once did a episode with Dekard years ago about Super Meat Boy and playformers in general. I was terrible, didn’t even post it up haha. 

Anything contributed would be lovely, if it's editing or being on the shows. It's more weighted to actually producing stuff though. The burnout for @Hendo, @DANGERMAN and I is real. 20 Question and other projects will happen at some point, but I'm done pushing one out a month. I don't want to spend every bit of spare time I have editing and neither do the other guys. Spreading the load is the way forwards if the forums wants regular content published.

I will say this having done the 20 Questions stuff with the 12 that have sat. Aside from the usual people that have done shows before a lot of the people are first timers, some of which were nervous as fuck. All it takes is a bit of chatter to make the person feel at ease so it feels like a conversation rather than feeling like you're under pressure all the time. That's something I aim to do with on all my shows. For the bits that are a bit awkward, there's always editing. I (and the other people that have produced shows) might not be the worlds best editors, but I feel we do a good enough job to prevent people from looking like dumb asses.

I also think spending more and more time behind the mic helps develop a natural flow. Sometimes it can be a bit staccato as people trip and fumble over discussions when they're looking for words to describe what they're talking about, but the more you do it the more at ease you're going to feel with it all. It's easy to forget the mic is there when you do it regularly.

Resi is one of my favourite series. 1 was my reason for buying a PS1,and subsequent releases led to me buying consoles for them (Dreamcast,GameCube). 

2 i skived the day off college to binge it all day. No regrets were had.

This was a quality discussion,of one of gaming’s best series. Kudos.

Good questions @Hendo  and Nag didn't sound nervous at all

I'm not sure if it's going to make it in to the podcast with Jim, but I was complaining that Resident Evil ripped off Alone in the Dark pretty badly, literally no one has anything positive to say about alone in the Dark any more though

From a technical standpoint, that’s probably the most effort I’ve put in a show in a while.

You’ve got a track for intro, one for outro. One track for each voice, then 4 tracks for each game (title screen, save room music, quieter save room music looped, plot synopsis) plus I had to get creative with two of the games that didn’t have proper title screen speech originally.

And that’s all after finishing the theme remix. Incidentally, a shiny rep to the person who can name where the 3 musical samples come from.