passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Skyrim Roleplaying

Sly Reflex

So if you listened to the podcast with Me and Hendo you’ll have already heard about this. If you have not, let me explain what the hell is going on and what you can expect from this thread.

Way back when Fallout: New Vegas came out @DANGERMAN made his character look like Rio Ferdinand. When I finally got around to playing it some years later, I read through the thread and then had the idea I should do something similar but take it up a notch, and instead of just playing as a character while making my own decisions, I should play as I would expect the character would given the circumstances they found themselves in.

From that idea spawned WWNED - What Would Noel Edmonds Do? I created an avatar that looked like Noel Edmonds and went into the Mojave with a very strict set of rules I had to abide to at all times. When surrounded by people I had to do the right thing, but where no eyes laid on me where a story could be passed along what a wrong ‘un Noel was. Backstabbing and being indecisive was a key part of the proceedings, as well as ritual murder of anyone stupid enough to be left alone with the bearded madman. All drugs and drink had to be consumed on the spot, anything that wasn’t nailed down had to be stolen. Radioactive rocket toys had to be distributed to children. When ammo was low, fist fights with the fauna of the Mojave was encouraged.

Sadly Noel never got to see the end of his journey, his untimely end saw his progress get eaten by a nasty bug that crushed his save game. The journey was fabulous while it lasted, Noel went from a near cripple that was shot in the head to a complete maniac driven to cannibalism, probably due to listening to Johnny Guitar for the millionth time. RIP, Noel.

It’s at this point I’ll be swapping wishing for a nuclear winter in the wastes of the New California Republic to being in the actual frozen tundras of Skyrim. Noel won’t be coming with me this time, but someone else will be.

Here are my ideas on who I could maybe play on my journey through Skyrim.

The Brian Blessed Build
A big loud Yorkshireman that needs no introduction, I think it’d be fitting for him to roam the wilds of Skyrim in big heavy armour and a two handed weapon. Using food and drink to regain his fortitude should he become hurt, the only other defining factor to this build is shouting. If a shout is charged and combat is happening, some poor sod is getting their ear drums ruptured.

The Stephen Fry Build
Everyone's favourite smartarse. Where possible he’d wear clothes only but might have to wear something a bit more durable depending on his current circumstances. Where talking and smarts will see him through, he will take that route. If things go south, he can rely on a very deep pool of mana to throw all sorts of nastiness about.

The Bear Grylls Build
A build that doesn’t allow me to use any of the items I find unless I can craft them into something else. There are some exceptions I’m going to have to have, things like a wood axe and a pick I don’t think are craftable. Aside from that, everything I use on on my person or consume has to be made. That means all the loot I find has to be crafted into something else before I can use it. Weapons and armour have to be forged from ores mine by my own hands, food has to be made into meals and potions have to be concocted. As for levelling up, anything goes. Piss drinking not included.

The Theresa May Build
Sneaky cunt. Light armour and a whole plethora of tools to cause chaos and misery. Theresa never fights fair and will use every possible chance she can to stab someone in the back. Killing the old, homeless and sick is her forte. Lies at every opportunity. If it isn’t nailed down it’s going in Mrs Mays pockets. Has to kill and skin every fox she sees, even if it means abandoning a battle to chase after it.

I had a few more ideas but they weren’t as fleshed out as these ideas.

That’s not everything though. I will be playing with mods, since you know, this is Skyrim and you’re doing it wrong if you aren’t playing it with mods. These mods are going to enforce a specific way of playing in some instances so that’s another level of things I have to deal with, things like staying warm, having to eat, drink and sleep and not being able to fast travel are going to be things that I will have to contend with. A list of mods will follow, I'm not 100% set on what I will have installed but I will document them

With that said, are there any ideas for classes you’d like to propose to me? I’m willing to chase a well thought out idea if you sell it to me. Or are you happy to pick one of four I listed above? Would you make any amendments to the ideas I’ve had. Without your input this will just be me playing Skyrim. Your guidance is needed to make this. Now’s the time to have your say.

I’m not sure how I’m going to catalogue these adventures. I’m guessing it’ll either be a slideshow of pictures taken while adventuring, or maybe even some YouTube videos if I can be bothered to take it that far. Depends on the uptake, how I feel and if I can get everything running to a level that's acceptable.

41 minutes ago, Nag said:

It's got to be the Theresa May build, just for the slaughter of innocents more than anything else.. :lol:

Seconded. Can you also make poor people's lives worse in general somehow? The ones two steps above homeless but one below working class.

19 minutes ago, mr lakitu said:

Harvey Weinstein build. You knock out women that are alone, strip them naked and drag them through mud. Any women you see walking by you have to stop what you’re doing to talk to them / knock them out.

I cant think how you’d have to fight tho. I guess any weapon of your choosing but always creeping around. 

And any time you see a plant pot you have to take off your pants.

So the Prime Minister is in the lead.

3 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

Harvey Weinstein build. You knock out women that are alone, strip them naked and drag them through mud. Any women you see walking by you have to stop what you’re doing to talk to them / knock them out.

I cant think how you’d have to fight tho. I guess any weapon of your choosing but always creeping around. 

I'd expect nothing less than something like this from you.

6 hours ago, Sambob said:

Are you going to record this or anything?

Probably, got to figure out the logistics of it first.

23 minutes ago, Blakey said:

I wanna see Tezza May as well.

For the stats at the start put everything in being strength and stability/fortitude :lol:

I already have plans on how to build, you should like them.

I'll probably need strength just to carry all the fox pelts.

The games starting to look a bit different.

20171224175349_1.jpg

Manually installing SKSE on the advice of modders through Nexus was a twat. Took me a while to figure out WinRAR was the issue, 7zip let it through after a bit of tinkering. I think as far as it goes now all the modding will be as easy as picking a mod and adding it through Nexus and hoping there's no clashes.

If you are looking to record, your 1060 will help you with that. Geforce Experience let's you capture, or stream, really easily. It's lower cost (in terms of processing and file size) than Fraps. You'll need something like movie maker to edit the video 

The only issue you might run in to if playing the game off and writing to the same hard drive. Might be fine, your ram might help with that, but I had issues in the past 

Once everything is modded up I'm going to explore that stuff. I'm going to try gamebar first and see if that runs right, since it's all incorporated. I totally forgot about Geforce Experience. I have FRAPS as well but I think trying to go down the route where it's all in built is the best choice, plus the file size on those bastards is hilarious.

On 21/12/2017 at 3:31 AM, Sly Reflex said:

A list of mods will follow, I'm not 100% set on what I will have installed but I will document them

OK, I think this is done, although I might add/remove stuff if it starts being conflicting to the overall experience.

A Quality World Map - The original map is pretty shit, this mod removes the clouds and adds roads and other good stuff. It basically makes the map what it should have been.

Book Covers Skyrim - Graphical update for the literature of Skyrim.

Campfire - Complete Camping System - Does what it says on the tin, going to need this in the harsher climates where adventuring on is no longer sustainable.

Climates of Tamriel - Upgrades to the weather and stuff like that.

Cloaks of Skyrim - Fuck the short arse from The Incredible, capes are cool.

Convenient Horses - Because fast travel will be turned off and the horses in vanilla Skyrim are proper shite.

Footprints - As per mod title. Leave footprints in the snow. Also going to be good for tracking them damn foxes!

Frostfall - One of the main enemies in this play through. If the dragons, Imperials or Stormcloaks, Draugr, wolves, bears, Daedra, bandits, Thalmor or Forsworn don't kill me, the weather will.

Immersive HUD - Gives the HUD a kick up the arse and makes it a bit more tolerable to play with.

INIGO - You know who he is. If you don't, you're in for a treat.

Interesting NPC's - Because some of the NPC's dialogue is about as interesting as this post.

Lanterns of Skyrim - I am not sure if this works as I had to install from the steam workshop. It adds lanterns on the pathways and around towns and cities. Apparently it's a lovely little mod that adds to the game without being too intrusive.

Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Because the lighting is terrible North of Cyrodil.

Realistic Needs and Diseases - And if the weather doesn't kill me, either starving to death or dying of thirst will. Unless I manage to catch some killer STD that does me in before that can happen.

Realistic Water Two - Because the vanilla water looks like someone waving clingfilm about.

Run For Your Lives - Stops NPC's thinking they can go up and fight a dragon barehanded. Theresa's the hero of this story, not you NPC that I might come to rely upon to continue a quest. Don't be an inconsiderate cunt and get yourself killed when there's quests or services that

SKSE Script - This is pretty important as it's the foundation this house of cards is built on. Without it a lot of the mods installed would be impossible to run.

SkyUI - Because using a user interface made for a controller is for peasants. Master Race deserves Master Presentation.

Sounds of Skyrim Civilisation - Just because I can.

Sounds of Skyrim The Dungeons - Hopefully I get to hear some Falmer jacking it or bandits having a shit. If not, this mod has totally failed me.

Splash of Rain - As a person of the North I am well versed in rain. This rain is the best, I won't except any rain that's less than impeccable, let me tell you. No other rain comes close.

Static Mesh Improvement Mod - Complete remodels containing a high polygon count for most things in the game. No point looking good if it's wrapped around something that looks like it came from a PS2.

Undying Companions - You might call her Lydia of Whiterun. I call her Lydia the Lightning-rod. I don't want people dying when they're being my bodyguards.

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch - Because Bethesda couldn't be arsed to patch their game, the community did.

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch - See above.

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch - See above the above.

Unofficial High Resolution Patch - Give those Hi res textures a once over by the caring people in the community.

Unofficial Skyrim Patch - See  above, but miss one out. Yeah, above those. This does that, but to the main game.

Wet And Cold - This is how your mum feels when I've done with her. It's also a mod that simulates the climates affects on your person.

Winter Is Coming - Lots of capes and other clothing to keep warm. Plus capes are cool. 

Some do. Some have been repackaged as the Bethesda Creation Club where you have to pay for them. You'd have to have a look and see for yourself. 

There was one mod I was looking at that completely redesigns the level up perks to make them more dynamic, it's something I need to investigate more to see if I want it. I already sort of have an idea on how I want to progress down those perks, but if they're utterly revamped that might make it a bit fresher for me to play, but also for others looking in if they've not played Skyrim in a long time. 

I think my ultimate goal here for this Theresa May playthrough is to entertain, maybe open up the idea of roleplaying to people here and also get people to revisit games that have plenty of mods and give them a try. 

I mean look at these. These are the sort of perks that should have been in the base game.

Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim

Perkus Maximus

I guess some of them have been renamed, but in most cases all of the ones listed have some potential use. It's not just a passive 20% for each perk point invested or whatever, there's some gameplay stuff actually happening.

So all being well I'm starting this tomorrow. Hopefully no guests show up, because I want to play something. 

I do have one final decision to make though before that happens.

Do I play as I want, doing quests I want?

Or

I let you twats have a few options. If that's the case I'll do whichever option gets the most votes.

1.  Follow the main quest for a few missions
  2. Join the Civil War as I see fit and do a few missions.
  3. Attempt to do a guild. (you pick which guild I go for)
  4. Attempt to recruit Inigo

I'll check back before I boot the game up and see what the skinny is, and whether you want to control as to what my actions will be.

In fairness, if you're really emulating Theresa May you do need to do everything your most extreme cabinet members say (I'd say @illdog in this instance) and not make any decisions of your own.

I think at some point you also need to fuck yourself over and piss off whichever guild you choose to go with, separating yourself no matter the consequences of your actions.