passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

YouTube “stars”

Hendo

Along the lines of Lindsay Ellis is a YouTuber I follow, who I believe has worked with her in the past: Dan from Folding Ideas 

This would be his newest video. His critiques are often pretty insightful and on point. Someone who has a genuine eye, not just for films, TV, video games etc but the processes that go into making them behind the scenes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If anyone has seen Troy Baker and Nolan North do their stuff together, you know they're a good team.

Now, Nolan North is playing through the Uncharted games for the first time. This should be a cracker of a series.

Some good comments on that episode, my favourite being, "Troy: Gamer. Nolan: Man who knows that games exist."

They're giving some interesting background on how it was made, for example Amy Hennig more or less writing scenes on the fly, reacting to how the actors would portray the roles.

In light of the Legacy of Kain series, can't say enough praise about Amy Hennig as a writer. On that note (as I've been waiting for a segue into this vid for a while)...

• 1 month later...

So I'm just going by the podcasts but some have said they're interested in getting into fighting games but get put off. 

He're is my favourite content maker on fighting games.  He's a commentator (my fave, actually) usually but got into streaming on Twitch but edited versions of his stuff gets put on his YouTube channel. 

He does tutorials for fighting games, watches back and examines pro matches and sometimes letsplays unrelated games but with the quick wit and observations of an FGC commentator.

I think it's a cool channel to follow: eg

• 1 month later...

Made my first StrangePlay video in about 4/5 months experimenting with a new format.

Got some kinks to work out but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out for a first attempt, and people seem to be enjoying it so that's good. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well Mixer has a much smaller user base than Twitch so while I wouldn't say it was in trouble it does have some ground to make up. 

As for Ninja's situation I dunno, he's not one I follow but it's not like he was plummeting on Twitch so maybe the deal has perks. 

Whilst I had no idea who any of the YouTube stars who appeared in Joey Graceffa's "Escape the Night" were, it was an enjoyable first series.

The stars are trapped in a house, and have to solve a series of escape room type puzzles to get out, but the loser of each head to head task faces elimination.

Currently a YouTube Premium, but several episodes were (are?) free to watch, and each series is themed to a different period.

While Cinefix can be a bit hit and miss with some of their more standard content, their What's the difference series (a comparison piece between adaptations and their source material) is generally quite an interesting watch. The newest one: