passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

YouTube “stars”

Hendo

I like critical shows and discussion panels like Sterling or Cynical Brit. I don't care much for review pieces or crazy overly energetic prats. I'll also listen to ones who cover games I like, such as Arrekz. Skill Up is an up n comer who's getting recognition for his reviews and critical pieces. I keep my eye out for any others.

I watch a lot of Mario Maker Youtube, CarlSagan and Grand Poo Bear.

I also like competitive/challenge eating. Matt Stonie and the L.A Beast are good.

Edit: As for time: I make time. When my misses is watching something shit, I’ll watch my shit. When I’m having a shit or a bath or a shit in the bath I’ll stick in some tubage (if I feel like it). It’s because I’m so great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just watched part one of the Noclip Warframe film and I really don't understand the whole aversion to the science fiction aspect at all, citing people don't want it.

If that's the case, how do you explain things like Avatar, Star Wars and Jurassic Park? Are they just anomalies or are the game playing consumers a completely different cross section to those that watch films? This is before you even go on to list the ones that are loved, Aliens, Blade Runner, Predator, Robocop, Inception, ET, The Matrix, The Thing, Back to the Future, the list could go on and on. You could even consider throwing the super hero films on there that have aliens or otherworldly technology in there if you want. There's an appetite for that stuff.

I mean looking at the best selling game of all time there's only two there that I'd class sci-fi (BLOPSII and Overwatch). No Halo or Destiny, which could be considered some of the defining games of the times they were part of. Mass Effect and Dead Space too. There'a great disparity here and it doesn't really make any sense.

High fantasy, 'realistic' or esoteric games seem to do alright, so why the commercial sidestepping of sci-fi? That's just bewildering to me.

• 4 months later...

Being unemployed and in a depression funk I've spent this week binge watching The Game Chasers and I think they're my favourite YouTube guys now. 

It's basically American Pickers and Storage Wars, but they look for video games. They go around flea markets and retro stores looking for rare games and good deals and I can't get enough. 

Loads of other YouTubers who I watch make appearances too.

• 1 month later...

We're going to Lose is a gamer that likes to annoy people. Most of the time he's just been a cunt, either winding people up with teamkills,  exploits, or just playing badly. This one is spectacular, most of his verbal videos are.

Warning: Contains racist language.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Plenty of thoughts in the Gaming Shout Thread. I considered posting it in here, but really wanted this more for shows that were actually good.

Yeah sorry I saw that after ??

You never know... it’s got lolz for now at least. For the wrong reasons. Although maybe dry humour? Even I can’t tell and I’m dry af.