passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

YouTube “stars”

Hendo

I don't. Think Dunkey's a bit of a cunt personally.

The 'haha look how broken/weird/stupid this game is' videos just don't hold water with me, goes out of his way to break games and present them as shite or the butt of a joke to his fans.

There's probably some spoilers in that vid as well judging by some of his others I've had the misfortune of stumbling across.

Just don't like how he misrepresents good games and makes them the butt of jokes is all.

I get he's just an entertainer and putting on a show for his fans. But, I don't like that it often completely misrepresents what a game is actually like. It's, quite literally, fake news.

For balance. I watch a lot of Jim Sterling and love the Pog Fucker, but I detest his videos where he says 'lol, look at all the bugs in x AAA game' if they aren't actually particularly prevalent in said game.

11 hours ago, Duck said:

Assassin's Creed is a good franchise. 

Maybe if people didn't get so butt hurt when someone says something/funny about a game they like maybe they could enjoy things. 

The triggered negging on my posts in the purchase thread was unnecessary too @Blakey. But it confirms to me it's you who has been doing the odd negging on this site. <_<

Anyways back to Xenoblade..

I’ve split this off to save the XC2 thread from being completely derailed.

I found Dunkey videos from when I was deep in the Dark Souls 3 hole and found him to be pretty funny.

And then Bloodborne.

Also his Yakuza 0 one is pretty good.

So feel free to argue about Dunkey here or post other YouTubers you like/dislike. :) 

I kinda have a similar opinion to Blakey on these kinds of channels.  Like, I've laughed at some GIFs on Twitter of some bug in Assasin's Creed but I don't think I've got a lot of interest in watching a series of it.  Dunkey doesn't seem that bad but I do kinda hate the "Hey Game Designers! what were you thinking!" attitude that is common amongst YouTubers (thanks, Angry Video Game Nerd (and they were probably thinking a lot and that funny quirk was probably the best answer to a lot of noodle-y factors)) which isn't insightful, it's just pointing at pretty obvious stuff.  It may seem boring but I like understanding why things are the way they are in games; not to be an apologist, I just like having it in my head.

Anyway, one I found recently is someone called Shesez who has a series called Boundry Break which just takes complete control of the camera in games and lets you see how games are built and where they hide things (or don't hide them).  It just basically lifts the curtain and I find it interesting.  The Xenoblade Chronicles episode was the first one I saw and there is a lot of them and I go back to others every now and then:

MandaloreGaming should have a million subscribers (not 81k). Very talented Youtuber. He doesn't really review anything new (he lets his viewers pick what to review) but his videos always thought out and funny. He's just released the last part of reviewing the Dead Space series...

30 minutes ago, Nag said:

I haven't got time for watching people talk about videogames personally, I wish I had more free time to actually play the things... Much like watching Mixer or Twitch, it goes completely over my head.:unsure:

Oh yeah, we've all got loooaaads of time on our hands because the odd 15 min video is such a big commitment.

27 minutes ago, Nag said:

Why are people so fucking defensive just lately, Christ... Was I actually having a go at people?

It's getting to the point where expressing any sort of opinion here is like treading on sodding eggshells.

Real talk: you just waltzed in said how anyone with an interest in videogames (which I assume we all have) is someone with, as you said; too much time on their hands, to know the odd YouTube channel or Streamer.  How is that not having a pop?  I guess I expect that from fuckers who aren't here.

So yeah, that kinda talk sets the eyes rolling.  News flash: your ill thought out shit has consequences

The only gaming youtuber I'm subscribed to is Angry Joe, although for the last year or so his channel has been more of a 50-50 split between movies and games. He doesn't usually review the type of games or movies I'm interested in so usually I can enjoy watching his videos without worrying about anything being spoiled.

Aside from games, I'm also subscribed to Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's youtube channel as they upload new film reviews every Friday, I usually watch them all.

As for music, I'm not actually subscribed but I do watch The Needle Drop on a regular basis, my taste doesn't match his at all but I like his reviewing style. He's a funny dude.

That about covers my YouTube habits.